Why do we put up with this?

Salon owner accuses Oregon governor of retaliating for resisting lockdown orders: 'She terrorized my family' | Fox News
Glamour Salon owner Lindsey Graham reopened her salon in May and received a fine of $14,000 from the state. Graham claimed that Brown began to personally "terrorize" her family, and threatened to place her children under the care of Child Protective Services to "intimidate" her into closing her salon doors.

"She terrorized myself, she terrorized my stylists, and she terrorized my family. She took every government agency she could, and she put her full weight into intimidating me into closing, including sending Child Protective Cervices to my home and threatening the removal of my children."

Three days after publically opening her salon, Child Protective Services showed up at Graham's home and "interviewed my children without my presence," she explained.

They "opened a full-blown case against me which was completely bogus and unwarranted, and it didn't come until I shot back at them with a threat of the lawsuit," that they backed down, Graham said.

Why? This is horseshit. Our ancestors are rolling over in their graves. Everything they did was for NOTHING.
Why do right wingers only complain when the less fortunate are "illegal to the law"?
WTF?
Exactly. WTF. Only illegals don't care about the law.
are you trying to say this lockdown was law?
In my state it was. I read it. The gov is given the authority, requiring the legislature's approval every 90 days.
Given the authority by what? Certainly wasnt the Constitution
? Those powers not granted to the federal government are left to the states. The states enacted legislation to authorize their governors to act in the case of a public health emergency or other disaster. I'm sure you knew that, though, by this time. So what's your real question?
So the states can take away constitutional rights on a whim? The Constitution fails to mention that. Maybe some person in a rob made it up?
Which Constitutional right has been taken away by what restriction?
right of assembly. Due process (IE free movement). Privileges and immunities clause. Also, it defies our negative rights. IE natural rights.
I can probably come up with more, if youd like.
It's a pandemic, a highly contagious, deadly disease killing thousands every day. The woman runs a hair salon where close contact is unavoidable and is nonessential. There are relief funds available to small businesses like hers. Didn't they decline to prosecute this gal months ago?

Leave the Constitutional lawyering to the Constitutional lawyers and the justices, TN. Yes, the pandemic rots, but blaming the government for trying to save your life is pretty lame. We'll get through this if people cooperate. If they don't, it will go on and on. Which would you prefer?
I dont need the govt to "save my life" especially when they abuse their power to do it.

Salon owner accuses Oregon governor of retaliating for resisting lockdown orders: 'She terrorized my family' | Fox News
Glamour Salon owner Lindsey Graham reopened her salon in May and received a fine of $14,000 from the state. Graham claimed that Brown began to personally "terrorize" her family, and threatened to place her children under the care of Child Protective Services to "intimidate" her into closing her salon doors.

"She terrorized myself, she terrorized my stylists, and she terrorized my family. She took every government agency she could, and she put her full weight into intimidating me into closing, including sending Child Protective Cervices to my home and threatening the removal of my children."

Three days after publically opening her salon, Child Protective Services showed up at Graham's home and "interviewed my children without my presence," she explained.

They "opened a full-blown case against me which was completely bogus and unwarranted, and it didn't come until I shot back at them with a threat of the lawsuit," that they backed down, Graham said.

Why? This is horseshit. Our ancestors are rolling over in their graves. Everything they did was for NOTHING.
Why do right wingers only complain when the less fortunate are "illegal to the law"?
WTF?
In my state it was. I read it. The gov is given the authority, requiring the legislature's approval every 90 days.
? Those powers not granted to the federal government are left to the states. The states enacted legislation to authorize their governors to act in the case of a public health emergency or other disaster. I'm sure you knew that, though, by this time. So what's your real question?
So the states can take away constitutional rights on a whim? The Constitution fails to mention that. Maybe some person in a rob made it up?
right of assembly. Due process (IE free movement). Privileges and immunities clause. Also, it defies our negative rights. IE natural rights.
It's a pandemic, a highly contagious, deadly disease killing thousands every day. The woman runs a hair salon where close contact is unavoidable and is nonessential. There are relief funds available to small businesses like hers. Didn't they decline to prosecute this gal months ago?

Leave the Constitutional lawyering to the Constitutional lawyers and the justices, TN. Yes, the pandemic rots, but blaming the government for trying to save your life is pretty lame. We'll get through this if people cooperate. If they don't, it will go on and on. Which would you prefer?

"let them eat cake"

mirite?
She was following rules, one customer at a time. What is your point?

link? That's a crock of shit.

It started on Monday, when Pelosi went for a hair appointment after she says she was told by the business that they were able to accommodate her within the local guidelines intended to stop the spread of the coronavirus. But the guidelines prohibited the salon from operating at the time.

WTF?
Wear-A-Mask-Or-Go-To-Jail_-Interesting-learning-points-from-history-1.png

WTF?

"let them eat cake"

mirite?
She was following rules, one customer at a time. What is your point?

She wasn't even supposed to be open, moron!

Forum List

Back