Why do we keep pretending religion is anything but mental illness?

But a man letting another man stick his willie in his choco starfish is sane? Yeah, OK

Is that bad? What if its between a man and a woman? Is that OK?

And how did you arrive at your conclusions? The teachings of a church run by men who have forsaken natural relations with women to devote themselves entirely to the worship of another man?

Praying on your knees to a trinity that diddled a virgin so he could become fully human without a human father that you eat in the form of a lifeless cracker for spiritual life?

How sane is that?

dipshit

Did it hurt when you bit your first pillow...dipshit?

When you are on your knees at church do you take the flesh of Jesus into your hands or do you let the priest put it right into your mouth and just yum it up until it gets all soft before you swallow??

So a strong majority of the population believe in some sort of God/Creator and you, being in the minority, are the only sane one.

Delusions of grandeur much?

But a man letting another man stick his willie in his choco starfish is sane? Yeah, OK

And how did you arrive at your conclusions? The teachings of a church run by men who have forsaken natural relations with women to devote themselves entirely to the worship of another man?

Praying on your knees to a trinity that diddled a virgin so he could become fully human without a human father that you eat in the form of a lifeless cracker for spiritual life?

How sane is that?

dipshit

When you are on your knees at church do you take the flesh of Jesus into your hands or do you let the priest put it right into your mouth and just yum it up until it gets all soft before you swallow??

That's between me and Jebus. You're what..about 13? You're late for school

How sane is that?

dipshit

Right, its between you and Jebus, says the mature lass who so eloquently expresses his concern about someones willie in the old choco starfish.

Think about gay sex much do you? Do you have questions about your manhood?

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword"...said Jebus.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."
Jeremiah 25:15

Bottoms up!

:wine:

Last edited:

How sane is that?

dipshit

Right its between you and Jebus, says the mature lass who so eloquently expresses his concern about someones willie in the old choco starfish.

Think about gay sex much do you? Do you have questions about your manhood?

Bottoms up!

:wine:

Why would a woman question her "manhood"? You're obviously ignorant and not worth my time. Good day

Why would a woman question her "manhood"? You're obviously ignorant and not worth my time.

LOL... Why would a woman care about men doing what she has done or has thought of doing herself? feeling a little guilty for having impure thoughts of weenies in the old choco starfish? off to confession with you.

buh bye...

Last edited:
In most US states you may be incarcerated for observation for 72 hours if you exhibit behaviours which are a threat to yourself or others. Clinically mental ill people having active episodes where they're hearing voices, seeing things that aren't there, etc. Yet when people explain these delusions as religious beliefs they get a pass.

With the middle east on fire of late with ISIS and other terror groups, how can we, why do we, continue to respect religions which result in people going WAY over the line of socially acceptable behaviour and becomming violent? Isn't it high time we call a spade a spade?

If you think an all-powerful invisible friend's watching your back, sorry Virginia but you're mentally ill.
You will say anything for attention won't you? Such lofty goals.

In my opinion: Any man who thinks that a human being could have evolved by pure chance from what once was nothing more than a micro organism --- that man is mentally ill. Or he is so full of himself he cannot see straight.

I suspect many self proclaimed religious people are just going through the motions. A form of hedging their bets, just in case.

In most US states you may be incarcerated for observation for 72 hours if you exhibit behaviours which are a threat to yourself or others. Clinically mental ill people having active episodes where they're hearing voices, seeing things that aren't there, etc. Yet when people explain these delusions as religious beliefs they get a pass.

With the middle east on fire of late with ISIS and other terror groups, how can we, why do we, continue to respect religions which result in people going WAY over the line of socially acceptable behaviour and becomming violent? Isn't it high time we call a spade a spade?

If you think an all-powerful invisible friend's watching your back, sorry Virginia but you're mentally ill.

Because it isn't. Religion is an aspect of human behavior found in every human society. It is, by every definition of the word, normal human behavior.

Yeah, I'll switch belief in God for belief in man right now. Sounds sensible...sort of like Strategic Patience.
There is no 'god' as perceived by theists, as religion and 'god' are creations of man.

So whatever your 'beliefs,' you currently 'believe in man.'

How do you know this?

Good point. As I've said before, to know beyond doubt there is no god requires knowledge of the whole universe. Having such knowledge would in effect make you the god you were trying to disprove existing. :)

Since religion is normal in the human experience wouldn't it be atheism that is the mental illness?

that is if we accept the ridiculous assumption that we can determine someone's mental health from their professed faith

Since religion is normal in the human experience wouldn't it be atheism that is the mental illness?

that is if we accept the ridiculous assumption that we can determine someone's mental health from their professed faith

If mental illness is abnormal behavior, then yes. However, I think a stronger argument can be made that insisting that anyone who didn't believe what I believe was mentally ill is a sign of mental illness.

Forum List

Back