Why do they permit divorce?

Uranus

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2022
If the Americans trust God and think Jesus is their god, then how can they disobey him by permitting divorce and remarrying for no valid reason?

iu

If the Americans trust God and think Jesus is their god, then how can they disobey him by permitting divorce and remarrying for no valid reason?

There are provisions for divorce as pointed out in post #2. Other than those, divorce is no different than any other sin pointed out in the Bible.... Fornication, lying, stealing, etc..

No valid reason other than the person you married is an asshole.
Some relationships don’t work, it is none of Jesus’ business

Read the Bible........even God made provisions for divorce
I know.

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”.

What's your point?

I know.

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”.

What's your point?
Matthew is wrong

Was he actually married?

that's because they willingly believe the book of forgeries and fallacies, c bible that instructs servitude written by the crucifiers they willingly accept themselves ... to distort the 1st century message of liberation theology, self determination the religious itinerant and many others at that time died for.

the core of the c bible is the evil - paterfamilias - what the post neglects as their true self made motivation.

that's because they willingly believe the book of forgeries and fallacies, c bible that instructs servitude written by the crucifiers they willingly accept themselves ... to distort the 1st century message of liberation theology, self determination the religious itinerant and many others at that time died for.

the core of the c bible is the evil - paterfamilias - what the post neglects as their true self made motivation.
That doesn't answer my question. I also don't know what is a c Bible.

I know.

What's your point?

You don't know.......Matthew wasn't the only reference to divorce

You can pull something from the Bible to support any position. Want justice, there is the "eye for an eye", want forgiveness, there is "love your enemy". Try it, its fun.
I've never heard a justification for breaking this rule. I prefer honesty.

Forum List

Back