Why do the anti God crowd attack the bible ?

Water is a element and ingredient of the earth no ?

Did you miss my point , man knew we were made from elements of the earth 3,500 years ago ?

No, I was just using your logic to demonstrate what a silly statement it was. Your original claim was that the Bible said we came from the ground, and that it knew that we shared elements with it. Here's where there are problems. Sharing elements does not mean we "came" from the ground. Mars and other planets also have similar elements, did they come from Earth's ground too?

We're 70% water, the logic your using still seems more prudent to say we came from the sea, not the ground.

Why is there no life out in space if you're correct ?

Space is a big place.

Life out there could be commonplace for all we know.

15And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Here's #3, this is essentially saying 2 of every animal can fit on a boat 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet tall.

Not only is that scientifically wrong to think that, it's downright crazy.

By the way whatever happened to freshwater fish during the great flood?

"By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."

Here's #2, where's the scientific proof that God made the universe of things that aren't visible?

There's no proof of that of course, so the first 2 are jibberish so far.

Wrong.

Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.

Visit:
All About Atoms (Jefferson Lab)

Did you bother to visit All about Atoms Jefferson lab ?

No, I was just using your logic to demonstrate what a silly statement it was. Your original claim was that the Bible said we came from the ground, and that it knew that we shared elements with it. Here's where there are problems. Sharing elements does not mean we "came" from the ground. Mars and other planets also have similar elements, did they come from Earth's ground too?

We're 70% water, the logic your using still seems more prudent to say we came from the sea, not the ground.

Space is a big place.

Life out there could be commonplace for all we know.

That is correct, but if everything was the result of the big bang surely there would be life on other planets in our solar system.

"By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."

Here's #2, where's the scientific proof that God made the universe of things that aren't visible?

There's no proof of that of course, so the first 2 are jibberish so far.

Wrong.

Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.

Visit:
All About Atoms (Jefferson Lab)

Did you bother to visit All about Atoms Jefferson lab ?

They have proof there that the christian god created the universe?

How did this not make the news?

No, apparently you aren't capable of figuring it out on your own, even with direction.

I was giving you too much credit, I thought you were honestly seeking understanding, but I see that you're just as disingenuous as any of the others who trot around deliberately lying and misrepresenting Christians and the bible.

Link it.

No, apparently you aren't capable of figuring it out on your own, even with direction.

I was giving you too much credit, I thought you were honestly seeking understanding, but I see that you're just as disingenuous as any of the others who trot around deliberately lying and misrepresenting Christians and the bible.

Link it.

He considers when others post quotes from the Bible they're lying and misrepresenting it, only when he does it is it being represented correctly.

No it's not everything.

I enjoy life, my family,my friends,golf,paintball,and my Arizona Cardinals.

Then why do you hate the people who dont see the book the same way you do?

Why are you so insensed that some dont see it the same as you that you had to come to a site and call out the people who you think are horrible because they dont share your particular slice of one religion.

I dont believe in the bible being the word of any god.

There are no gods.

Its a book written by several people during many periods and all squished together.

Like man it is flawed.

My asessment is based in fact.

Yours is based in faith.

You see faith as something marvelous.

Faith is believing without proof.

Because I rationally see the bible for what it is you think that is hate.

Your made up god drives you to hate for your faith?

How is that good for the world?

You have completely read me wrong.

What i don't appreciate is someone not having a clue what the scriptures mean and cherry pick scriptures to attack it.

When did i ever say i hate anyone ?

Your the king of cherry picking.

15And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Here's #3, this is essentially saying 2 of every animal can fit on a boat 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet tall.

Not only is that scientifically wrong to think that, it's downright crazy.

By the way whatever happened to freshwater fish during the great flood?

Let me give you an article with an explanation.

Could Noah's Ark really hold all the animals that were supposed to be preserved from Flood?

See this page in: Hungarian (magyar), Japanese - 日本語, Spanish (Español)

A growing number of scientists believe that geological evidence indicates our world has undergone a catastrophic flood. This is causing them to question whether or not the biblical account of Noah's ark could be true. Many people are rereading the Biblical description of the Ark to ascertain the feasibility of such a vessel to fulfill its designated purpose in light of present day knowledge of both zoology and our present day knowledge of shipbuilding.

Size comparison between average size one-story home and Noah's Ark. Illustration from The World that Perished.

How big was Noah's Ark?

"And God said unto Noah… Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt though make in the ark, and thou shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of… the length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. A window shalt thou make in the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side therof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it." (Gen. 6:14-16)

A cubit is the distance between an adult's elbow and tip of the finger, no less than 18-inches [45.72 centimeters]. (Scene from The World that Perished.)

Most Hebrew scholars believe the cubit to have been no less than 18 inches long [45.72 centimeters]. This means that the ark would have been at least 450 feet long [137.16 meters], 75 feet wide [22.86 meters] and 45 feet high [13.716000000000001 meters]. Noah's Ark was said to have been the largest sea-going vessel ever built until the late nineteenth century when giant metal ships were first constructed. Its length to width ratio of six to one provided excellent stability on the high seas. In fact, modern shipbuilders say it would have been almost impossible to turn over. In every way, it was admirably suited for riding out the tremendous storms in the year of the flood.

These dimensions are especially interesting when compared to those given in the mythical, Babylonian account of the Ark. Here the ark is described as a perfect cube, extending 120 cubits in all directions and with nine decks. Such a vessel would spin slowly round and round in the water and from the standpoint of stability, would be a disaster.

Was the ark big enough to hold the number of animals required?

The total available floor space on the ark would have been over 100,000 square feet, which would be more floor space than in 20 standard-sized basketball courts.

Assuming an 18-inch cubit [45.72 centimeters], Noah's Ark would have had a cubic volume equal to 569 modern railroad stock cars.

The total cubic volume would have been 1,518,000 cubic feet [462,686.4 cubic meters] --that would be equal to the capacity of 569 modern railroad stock cars.

Now comes the question, how many land dwelling air breathing animals would have had to be taken aboard the ark to survive the flood?

According to Ernest Mayr, America's leading taxonomist, there are over 1 million species of animals in the world.

God only provided the Ark for the protection of humans and land-dwelling, air-breathing creatures. A huge number of animals would not need to be taken aboard the Ark because they are water dwellers. Representatives would be expected to survive the catastrophe. With God's protection against extinction during the Deluge, survival would have been assured. (Scene from The World that Perished, a Christian motion picture about the Flood)

However, the vast majority of these are capable of surviving in water and would not need to be brought aboard the ark. Noah need make no provision for the 21,000 species of fish or the 1,700 tunicates (marine chordates like sea squirts) found throughout the seas of the world, or the 600 echinoderms including star fish and sea urchins, or the 107,000 mollusks such as mussels, clams and oysters, or the 10,000 coelenterates like corals and sea anemones, jelly fish and hydroids or the 5,000 species of sponges, or the 30,000 protozoans, the microscopic single-celled creatures.

In addition, some of the mammals are aquatic. For example, the whales, seals and porpoises. The amphibians need not all have been included, nor all the reptiles, such as sea turtles, and alligators. Moreover, a large number of the arthropods numbering 838,000 species, such as lobsters, shrimp, crabs and water fleas and barnacles are marine creatures. And the insect species among arthropoda are usually very small. Also, many of the 35,000 species of worms as well as many of the insects could have survived outside the Ark.

How many animals needed to be brought aboard?

Doctors Morris and Whitcomb in their classic book,The Genesis Flood state that no more than 35,000 individual animals needed to go on the ark. In his well documented book, Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study, John Woodmorappe suggests that far fewer animals would have been transported upon the ark. By pointing out that the word “specie” is not equivalent to the “created kinds” of the Genesis account, Woodmorappe credibly demonstrates that as few as 2,000 animals may have been required on the ark. To pad this number for error, he continues his study by showing that the ark could easily accommodate 16,000 animals.)

But, let's be generous and add on a reasonable number to include extinct animals. Then add on some more to satisfy even the most skeptical. Let's assume 50,000 animals, far more animals than required, were on board the ark, and these need not have been the largest or even adult specimens.

Remember there are really only a few very large animals, such as the dinosaur or the elephant, and these could be represented by young ones. Assuming the average animal to be about the size of a sheep and using a railroad car for comparison, we note that the average double-deck stock car can accommodate 240 sheep. Thus, three trains hauling 69 cars each would have ample space to carry the 50,000 animals, filling only 37% of the ark. This would leave an additional 361 cars or enough to make 5 trains of 72 cars each to carry all of the food and baggage plus Noah's family of eight people. The Ark had plenty of space.

The bigger problem would have been the construction of the Ark. But the Bible indicates that Noah did this under Divine guidance and there is no reason to believe he did not hire additional workmen.

Could Noah's Ark really hold all the animals that were supposed to be preserved from Flood?

Then why do you hate the people who dont see the book the same way you do?

Why are you so insensed that some dont see it the same as you that you had to come to a site and call out the people who you think are horrible because they dont share your particular slice of one religion.

I dont believe in the bible being the word of any god.

There are no gods.

Its a book written by several people during many periods and all squished together.

Like man it is flawed.

My asessment is based in fact.

Yours is based in faith.

You see faith as something marvelous.

Faith is believing without proof.

Because I rationally see the bible for what it is you think that is hate.

Your made up god drives you to hate for your faith?

How is that good for the world?

You have completely read me wrong.

What i don't appreciate is someone not having a clue what the scriptures mean and cherry pick scriptures to attack it.

When did i ever say i hate anyone ?

Your the king of cherry picking.

Oh here J is, i gues my questions to you were too tough for you to answer.

Link it.

Water is a element and ingredient of the earth no ?

Did you miss my point , man knew we were made from elements of the earth 3,500 years ago ?

Or in our solar system.

What does this have to do with my post?

Why do the anti God crowd attack the bible ?

sounds pretty hate filled to me.

Let me give you a lesson from someone who has debated the anti God crowd for thirty years.

When they, The anti God crowd, know you're a person of faith, they always turn to attack God and the bible when they feel they are losing the debate, it don't matter what is being debated.

Generally it is over creation and evolution though.

They even use other religions as an attack against Christianity.

I don't know but that sounds like the devil working behind the scenes.

Just because people disagree with your beliefs doesnt mean they hate the bible or your god.

You dont like any other belief but your own and yet there are hundreds of different Christian beliefs. How do they fit in?

Forum List

Back