Zone1 In Isaiah God admits He "does evil" as some versions of the Bible put it

The Bible teaches that when man turns away from God, calamity happens. It’s the first lesson in the Bible (Adam and Eve), yet so many still make the same mistake.
True. The word 'evil' is more accurately translated calamity when referring to God's acts of punishment.

God brings evil by allowing mankind to have free will and be tempted by the devil. God also brings forgiveness of sin by suffering for the sins of all mankind and dying an excruciating death so that we can learn to overcome evil of our own free will.

Many times in the Old Testament God enables the enemies of Israel to conquer them and do evil things to them, in order to cleanse them. Somewhat like a Great Flood but using other tribes to do it.

Israel didn't flood. In 2900 BC there was no Israel or even Abraham.

Isaiah was referring to those looking to Egypt for help instead of God. In some Bibles it says:

Isaiah 31:2 Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, who rely on horses, who trust in their abundance of chariots and in their multitude of horsemen. They do not look to the Holy One of Israel; they do not seek the LORD. Yet He too is wise and brings disaster; He does not call back His words. He will rise up against the house of the wicked and against the allies of evildoers

It's best to rely on God, rather than humans, even if we don't understand his ways.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

My friend who dated her husband in high school and has loved him dearly ever since, was worried when he had to have emergency surgery. It went well, but during surgery they spotted a small cancerous tumor elsewhere on him and removed it. His initial surgery was actually a blessing. Kenny is cancer free and didn't even know that he wasn't. And good little Catholic girl that Dani is, the first thing she did was thank God. All the glory to God.
Isaiah often was the prophet for Israel or the Northern Kingdom. They often did evil and thought it good to bring their enemies closer to them by trading with them. At various times, God did not want Israel to be involved with anyone outside Israel including marriage. Judah (Jews) today doesn't as well. If the Northern Kingdom did against what the Lord told them through Isaiah and other prophets, then the Lord would not hold back Israel's enemies. That is what this is saying.

Forum List

Back