Why do some Trump voters fear losing their jobs?

As far a jobs and labor goes, I tend to be capitalist and favor innovation in the workplace, I believe on some level that individuals who fear "losing their jobs" are often unable to innovate, adapt and add more value to their workplace, settling instead for boring, repetitive work or labor which is easily automated, regardless of industry (whether a job at a grocery store or a "technical" job, such as translation work).

In spite of mythos of "puritanical" work ethic, and archaic ideas such as "working hours" being a measure of productivity, I view most workers as lazy and immoral, unconcerned with adding any value to their company, so much as only putting in the bare minimum required effort hoping for something in return.

Despite the romance of "Puritan" work ethic, the average member of Puritan England, was not likely a John Buyan, but rather an average man or woman, with much of the same lazy or immoral behavior as we see in the so called "working class" today, or the average sycophant of the wealthy, given that an actual "hard and intelligent" worker would be too busy so settle for sycophantly.

If some workers lose their jobs, "Trump supporters" or otherwise, this may be in part because they deserved it.

I'm certain you have a link to back up your claim...OR was this pulled from your ass?
This is one of the major campaign selling points which Trump is known for if you haven't been living in a cave.

If wastrels who are too lazy or unambitious to pursue any line of work other than pushing shopping carts or waiting tables lose their jobs to foreigners, that's just capitalism, and perhaps a bit of Darwinism in action.

So Trump runs on bringing factory / manufacturing jobs back to the US and closing our border down and you morph that into "Trump voters fear losing their jobs"?
Am I understanding you correctly?
What factory/manufacturing jobs have come back to the US?
Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

This thread isn't about what jobs Trump has created...start that thread and read the OP again.

I'm certain you have a link to back up your claim...OR was this pulled from your ass?
This is one of the major campaign selling points which Trump is known for if you haven't been living in a cave.

If wastrels who are too lazy or unambitious to pursue any line of work other than pushing shopping carts or waiting tables lose their jobs to foreigners, that's just capitalism, and perhaps a bit of Darwinism in action.

They'll eventually drift into outright communism, and start to believe that they're "entitled" to jobs by the virtue of being "white" or something, at the expense of more qualified others.

Evidently you're the one living in a cave, you've perfectly described the commiecrats, not republicans.

Most workers are lazy and immoral, regardless of what party they pretend to vote for.

"Back breaking labor" doesn't exist in America, people's main source of job dissatisfaction is boredom due to lack of effort and ambition - I'm one of the few exceptions, as a failed entrepreneur - most people aren't and could care less.

"Hard work" is a lie and has always been - most idiots don't even know the difference between "hard" as in bumbling and incompetent's, versus hard in the sense of being challenging, mentally or otherwise, as well as ambitious, like actual entrepreneurs do.

The work is "hard" for most lazy Americans because they're selfish and immoral, and can't bother themselves to care about their work ethic to begin with.

Well child, you're a fucking idiot. There's many, many jobs that are physically demanding, just because you've not done them, doesn't mean they don't exist and most will always exist, as they can't be replaced by machines.
They're a minority - I've met oil field workers, but that's a small industry nationwide.

Most jobs today are service sector jobs, and are not very physically demanding at all.

Perhaps you should take your failed self and instead of trying aggrandize yourself, try getting the education that you're so obviously lacking.
I'm prouder to have failed as an entrepreneur than having "succeeded" as a nobody.
Most jobs today are service sector jobs, and are not very physically demanding at all.
you dont get out much do you?...

As far a jobs and labor goes, I tend to be capitalist and favor innovation in the workplace, I believe on some level that individuals who fear "losing their jobs" are often unable to innovate, adapt and add more value to their workplace, settling instead for boring, repetitive work or labor which is easily automated, regardless of industry (whether a job at a grocery store or a "technical" job, such as translation work, a so-called "corporate" job, or otherwise).

In spite of mythos of "puritanical" work ethic, and archaic ideas such as "working hours" being a measure of productivity, I view most workers as lazy and immoral, unconcerned with adding any value to their company, so much as only putting in the bare minimum required effort hoping for something in return.

Despite the romance of "Puritan" work ethic, the average member of Puritan England, was not likely a John Buyan, but rather an average man or woman, with much of the same lazy or immoral behavior as we see in the so called "working class" today, or the average sycophant of the wealthy, given that an actual "hard and intelligent" worker would be too busy so settle for sycophantly.

If some workers lose their jobs, "Trump supporters" or otherwise, this may be in part because they deserved it, or are replaced by more earnest individuals.

I say this as a failed entrepreneur and published author - most of what many degenerate Americans call "work" is so easy that a more intelligent individual could do it in their sleep - the "torture" is due to the self-induced boredom and moral apathy, not due to any "back breaking labor" like we might have heard of in North Korea, or the days of slavery.

If may of these selfish degenerates kept their penis in their pants, and didn't have unplanned children which they can't support on their meager income, they wouldn't be in the situation they are today, the poverty trap is in part their own creation, and a result of their debauched and materialistic lifestyles. Self-discipline being a foreign notion to them.

I bet a good number of "Trump voters" saw this guys video before rushing down to the polls. Does his position resonate with you?

So Trump runs on bringing factory / manufacturing jobs back to the US and closing our border down and you morph that into "Trump voters fear losing their jobs"?
Manufacturing is a small job sector to begin with, and I've heard that many of the jobs are easily automated, or at least the low level of performance and work ethic demonstrated by the average employee, which naturally leads to them being easily automated in comparison to more dedicated and sincere workers.

That's mumbo-jumbo and hardly an answer to my question...try again
Sort of.

Let me educate you.
I've lived in Houston all my life except for four years.
All of my work experience has happened here. Here's how immigrants steal job from Americans. And here's your revelation.....it isnt the illegals fresh over the border,it's those who are granted amnesty once they get here.
I started working in machine shops in 1986 as a shop hand. It took me around 8 years to work my way up to a full blown machinist.
When I started the hispanic work force in a machine shop went from around 10% to over 75% in 20 years and the wage stagnation followed that trend.
When I was a kid the black community pretty much had an iron grip on the foundation industry,just like whites and blacks had an iron grip on construction.
Now? There's nothing but mexicans and south americans in the industry and they all send their money back to their homeland fucking over the rest of us in tax revenue.
Until you've watched it happen with your own eyes ya need to STFU.

Read part of a speech M Rubio made. Common good capitalism- economy falls short when a corporation has only one obligation, return money to the owners. ignore the cooperation's to share a fair return to it's workers. reinvest in its business for the future. Not investing in the USA wages become stagnant & community's decline.

They'll eventually drift into outright communism, and start to believe that they're "entitled" to jobs by the virtue of being "white" or something, at the expense of more qualified others.

Evidently you're the one living in a cave, you've perfectly described the commiecrats, not republicans.

Most workers are lazy and immoral, regardless of what party they pretend to vote for.

"Back breaking labor" doesn't exist in America, people's main source of job dissatisfaction is boredom due to lack of effort and ambition - I'm one of the few exceptions, as a failed entrepreneur - most people aren't and could care less.

"Hard work" is a lie and has always been - most idiots don't even know the difference between "hard" as in bumbling and incompetent's, versus hard in the sense of being challenging, mentally or otherwise, as well as ambitious, like actual entrepreneurs do.

The work is "hard" for most lazy Americans because they're selfish and immoral, and can't bother themselves to care about their work ethic to begin with.

Well child, you're a fucking idiot. There's many, many jobs that are physically demanding, just because you've not done them, doesn't mean they don't exist and most will always exist, as they can't be replaced by machines.
They're a minority - I've met oil field workers, but that's a small industry nationwide.

Perhaps you should take your failed self and instead of trying aggrandize yourself, try getting the education that you're so obviously lacking.
I'm prouder to have failed as an entrepreneur than having "succeeded" as a nobody.

Poor little thing, you wouldn't last a day in a warehouse or UPS truck, much less a construction job. So far all I've seen is your success as a nobody. You really are a waste of time.

I don't think Bill Gate or Warren Buffet lose any sleep over not working in a warehouse.

As far a jobs and labor goes, I tend to be capitalist and favor innovation in the workplace, I believe on some level that individuals who fear "losing their jobs" are often unable to innovate, adapt and add more value to their workplace, settling instead for boring, repetitive work or labor which is easily automated, regardless of industry (whether a job at a grocery store or a "technical" job, such as translation work, a so-called "corporate" job, or otherwise).

If some workers lose their jobs, "Trump supporters" or otherwise, this may be in part because they deserved it, or are replaced by more earnest individuals.

I say this as a failed entrepreneur and published author - most of what many degenerate Americans call "work" is so easy that a more intelligent individual could do it in their sleep - the "torture" is due to the self-induced boredom and moral apathy, not due to any "back breaking labor" like we might have heard of in North Korea, or the days of slavery.

If may of these selfish degenerates kept their penis in their pants, and didn't have unplanned children which they can't support on their meager income, they wouldn't be in the situation they are today, the poverty trap is in part their own creation, and a result of their debauched and materialistic lifestyles. Self-discipline being a foreign notion to them.
:wtf:

Poor little thing, you wouldn't last a day in a warehouse or UPS truck, much less a construction job. So far all I've seen is your success as a nobody. You really are a waste of time.

I don't think Bill Gate or Warren Buffet lose any sleep over not working in a warehouse.

Yet neither would have the money they do without warehouse workers, would they?

I don't know what to tell you on that one - I have nothing against people working in a warehouse, I'm sure there are ambitious people who work in warehouse industries - however arguments against entrepreneurship or education are the ones I can't take seriously.

On the whole, I no longer stereotypically deride jobs based on industries, such as "warehouse" or "fast food" - regardless, my honest belief is that many, if not most Americans in practice are lazy, self-centered, immoral, and unambitious, and merely settle for the "easiest" lines of work they can find, putting in the "bare minimum" effort without any genuine work ethic, or respect for those with better work ethic and ambition.

I believe people who are genuinely "hard workers" or ambitious people are a rare find, and that most people would prefer to tear them down out of malice rather than improve themselves.

The "Puritan work ethic" is a myth, except in the case of some very committed and ambitious people, much as it was a myth even in its inception - John Buynan was the exception, not the norm, the average person wasn't a particuarily moral or self-disciplined individual, prone to the same vices and malice as anyone else.

As far a jobs and labor goes, I tend to be capitalist and favor innovation in the workplace, I believe on some level that individuals who fear "losing their jobs" are often unable to innovate, adapt and add more value to their workplace, settling instead for boring, repetitive work or labor which is easily automated, regardless of industry (whether a job at a grocery store or a "technical" job, such as translation work).

If some workers lose their jobs, "Trump supporters" or otherwise, this may be in part because they deserved it.

Manufacturing is a small job sector to begin with, and I've heard that many of the jobs are easily automated, or at least the low level of performance and work ethic demonstrated by the average employee, which naturally leads to them being easily automated in comparison to more dedicated and sincere workers.

Well no. There's no such thing as "easily automated". There is such a thing as unprofitable to not automate.

The bottom line is, most jobs that are automated, are automated because if they didn't automate them, it wouldn't be profitable to do the job.

It doesn't matter if it is easy or hard to automate something, if you can't make a profit with human labor.

The vast majority of manufacturing would much rather use human labor. Human labor is more versatile. If the customer changes the requirement, it take nothing more than an email, to make a change in the process.

With automation, you have to shut down production, and sometimes for months at a time. You have to pay a dozen engineers for months worth of wages, to redesign the system. Then you have shut downs that can last days, when machines break.

And even with everything running fine, you still generally need to shut down production for a month or two, just to do overhauls of equipment. When I was working for Worthington Cylinders, they shut down the entire plant every August for 4 to 6 weeks on average, to do a plant wide upkeep on all the automated system. When I worked for ADL Systems, we had a pick and place machine, that died for 3 days, and the entire department was closed. Had a 2 day week in May.

Automation sucks. The reason companies automate is not because they can make $10 more on a product. It's because they have no choice. If the cost of labor is too high to make a profit, then they have to automate it.... or not make the product at all.

I don't know what to tell you on that one - I have nothing against people working in a warehouse, I'm sure there are ambitious people who work in warehouse industries - however arguments against entrepreneurship or education are the ones I can't take seriously.

On the whole, I no longer stereotypically deride jobs based on industries, such as "warehouse" or "fast food" - regardless, my honest belief is that many, if not most Americans in practice are lazy, self-centered, immoral, and unambitious, and merely settle for the "easiest" lines of work they can find, putting in the "bare minimum" effort without any genuine work ethic, or respect for those with better work ethic and ambition.

I believe people who are genuinely "hard workers" or ambitious people are a rare find, and that most people would prefer to tear them down out of malice rather than improve themselves.

The "Puritan work ethic" is a myth, except in the case of some very committed and ambitious people, much as it was a myth even in its inception - John Buynan was the exception, not the norm, the average person wasn't a particuarily moral or self-disciplined individual, prone to the same vices and malice as anyone else.

How many paychecks have you signed on the front? How many invoices have you submitted to your customers for services rendered? You say you're proud of being a failed entrepreneur, did you ever advance beyond an idea? How much did you invest in your idea, how many others invested in your idea?

Did someone FORCE them to work at the warehouse for the wages both sides agreed on? No, but to a liberal that doesnt matter.

How many paychecks have you signed on the front? How many invoices have you submitted to your customers for services rendered? You say you're proud of being a failed entrepreneur, did you ever advance beyond an idea? How much did you invest in your idea, how many others invested in your idea?

I was a published author with a company based out of New York, that's a far as I got.

Most people I've encountered were adverse to the notion of the American dream, saying it was a waste of time and content with wage slavery and bemoaning their unambitious jobs, which were so easy I was able to do that type of work in my sleep while simultaneously working on my entrepreuership. So yeah, I almost lost faith in the American public at large.

I was a published author with a company based out of New York, that's a far as I got.

Most people I've encountered were adverse to the notion of the American dream, saying it was a waste of time and content with wage slavery and bemoaning their unambitious jobs, which were so easy I was able to do that type of work in my sleep while simultaneously working on my entrepreuership. So yeah, I almost lost faith in the American public at large.

That's your problem right there, everyone is the sum total of their own decisions, you should only concern yourself with you and the decisions you make. Also if you think being an aspiring author makes you an entrepreneur you're delusional. Entrepreneurs don't go begging to the establishment, they chart their own course and refuse to be dissuaded by the naysayers. Sounds to me like you need to do a gut check and decide where you go from here.

New Topics

Forum List

Back