Why do so many people on this board wish to return to the 18th century?

The conservative "reforms" are the pander to the rich bs...
After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an racist A-hole? :cuckoo:

View attachment 119282

Pandering to the rich was a progressive reform that mandated everyone purchase from a private company so the rich that control almost one quarter of the GDP could become wealthier.

That's why we had to sign the bill so we could find out what was in the bill.

If you progressives were really progressive and didn't want to cater to making the wealthy even wealthier you would nationalized the health care industry and put everyone that works in it on the military/government payroll.

*****SMILE*****

:)

ACA was obviously all Dems could get, basically a gd miracle. 20 million poor people got insurance, 5 million more when red states stop holding out. For the first time insurers had profit limits and it will only get better over time, and for the first time EVER the cost curve is bending down. You're welcome, dupe.

You're equating health insurance with healthcare, not at all the same thing. Because of that mistake, our life expectancy has actually went down for the first time in decades.

Their immense wealth was built on free labor

Slaves planted the cotton, cultivated it, picked it, took it to market
They were not entitled to "free enterprise"

I totally understand that and I think it's a terrible thing. But it wasn't just the plantation owners who profited. It was the entire nation. Cotton was nicknamed "King Cotton" for a reason. It was our #1 export and foundation of our entire national economy. Not to mention, #2 and #3 were tobacco and sugar cane, which slaves were also required to provide the labor for. But our #4 export was textiles made in the North with cotton produced by slave labor. So the entire economy was driven by slavery. It wasn't just this handful of slave owners who were profiting, it was the entire nation.

This is why it was virtually impossible to abolish slavery early on. We simply couldn't afford to do without the labor slaves provided. For many years, this issue troubled people because they could sense that it was immoral and wrong. Adams called it "a necessary evil" and our courts and congress upheld the institution for 85 years before there was ever a CSA. To blame it all on the South is simply scapegoating.

Now, back to what MY point has been, it was the brilliant and genius construction of the Constitution which enabled us to eventually recognize freedom and liberty for the slaves. The war didn't end slavery, the 13th Amendment did.

The Constitution ducked the issue and it ended up costing us 600,000 lives to fix the problem

you are a sick human being. We cannot judge the past by today's standards of right and wrong. Slavery was wrong, slavery of women exists today in many muslim countries---why do you condone that and want it brought to this country?

you libs are such hypocrites, you rant and rave about how terrible this country was in the 1700s and yet TODAY you encourage a vile religion that makes slaves of half of its people.

The liberal mind is a study in mental illness.

The laws and practices of other countries cannot supersede our own laws

Muslims in this country are more educated and law abiding than the general population

more naivete from the resident doofus. WTF do you think the radical islamists want if not domination over our government, culture, and way of life?

Law abiding????? only if murdering innocents, enslaving women, and raping children is law abiding.

They have a limit on insurers under ACA. Only 20% of their money can be spent on other than care. Was 28%. It's a start. FIX IT.

View attachment 119307

All you did was make them raise their prices higher so they could make the same amount or more at a lesser rate of return.

The only people the progressives like you have affected are those who could barely afford health insurance in the first place.

Dupe.

*****SMILE*****

Then fix THAT. Which is wrong...lol. Yes, saving 40k lives a year who didn't have insurance. And now they don't have to go on welfare to get Medicaid. Except in greedy idiot red states. Dupe.

Wrong again Frances- BOcare does not save any lives. It deals with the payment of healthcare that people were already receiving. You could make the argument that it saves some people money, but it does nothing for enhancing the healthcare for life or death situations. Try again, it's fun to blow you up.

You wouldn't know, you're on the BS GOP propaganda machine...Dignified people used to die rather than lose their assets or fight the bank/ER any more...I knew a couple. The nice guy across the street, a banker, didn't know he could be on Medicaid with ACA or get a free colonoscopy- dead. It's better. And will only GET BETTER when the GOP and insurers stop the sabotage.

Ok, that just leaves one question. How long have you and Mathew been dating, and are you the pitcher or receiver?

Their immense wealth was built on free labor

Slaves planted the cotton, cultivated it, picked it, took it to market
They were not entitled to "free enterprise"

I totally understand that and I think it's a terrible thing. But it wasn't just the plantation owners who profited. It was the entire nation. Cotton was nicknamed "King Cotton" for a reason. It was our #1 export and foundation of our entire national economy. Not to mention, #2 and #3 were tobacco and sugar cane, which slaves were also required to provide the labor for. But our #4 export was textiles made in the North with cotton produced by slave labor. So the entire economy was driven by slavery. It wasn't just this handful of slave owners who were profiting, it was the entire nation.

This is why it was virtually impossible to abolish slavery early on. We simply couldn't afford to do without the labor slaves provided. For many years, this issue troubled people because they could sense that it was immoral and wrong. Adams called it "a necessary evil" and our courts and congress upheld the institution for 85 years before there was ever a CSA. To blame it all on the South is simply scapegoating.

Now, back to what MY point has been, it was the brilliant and genius construction of the Constitution which enabled us to eventually recognize freedom and liberty for the slaves. The war didn't end slavery, the 13th Amendment did.

The Constitution ducked the issue and it ended up costing us 600,000 lives to fix the problem

you are a sick human being. We cannot judge the past by today's standards of right and wrong. Slavery was wrong, slavery of women exists today in many muslim countries---why do you condone that and want it brought to this country?

you libs are such hypocrites, you rant and rave about how terrible this country was in the 1700s and yet TODAY you encourage a vile religion that makes slaves of half of its people.

Muslims in this country are more educated and law abiding than the general population

more naivete from the resident doofus. WTF do you think the radical islamists want if not domination over our government, culture, and way of life?

Law abiding????? only if murdering innocents, enslaving women, and raping children is law abiding.

Show anywhere in America where Sharia Law supersedes existing laws

American Muslims are more educated than average Americans and also more law abiding

American Muslims are more educated than average Americans and also more law abiding

they are working very hard to make that happen in several American cities. Dearborn Michigan will probably be the first to invoke sharia over US law. What should the federal government do if a city passes a law saying it will be governed by sharia instead of federal and state law?

link on your education and law abiding claim? Were the boston bombers educated and law abiding? the Orlando shooter? the san Bernardino shooter, Chattanooga shooter?

images

So the entitlement bitch looked it up.

Now you entitlement progressives can get off your fat dairy airs and clean up your own mess.

Otherwise as far as I'm concerned Obamacare should be defunded and not enforced.

*****CHUCKLE*****

No entitlements here, dupe. I'm a doctor's son and retired teacher/businessman. Defunding would save the rich a lot of money, ruin the rest,and make us a laughingstock.

images

I see... You're one of the rich sons of Mary who think they can change the world by creating new laws that force the working man to pay more to better the world to an unrealistic progressive utopia.

Why don't you go back to your philanthropically pursuits and use the inheritance from your rich daddy who financed your fancy degree to get you to where you are today to do some good instead of forcing those who have to work hard for a living to pay for your absolution of conscious.

*****CHUCKLE*****

You're the New BS GOP dupe of the greedy idiot rich, not me...like all Dems, I'm for raising taxes on the rich, cutting them on others, raising the min wage and pay, cheap college and training, better vacations, day care and parental leave etc etc. You ain't, dumbass.

images

Yeah sure... Just like your progressive health care proposal wasn't supposed to raise anyone's premiums and if you want to keep your health insurer and doctor you can. You progressives talk such a good line so long as you know it's going to put more money in that inheritance portfolio that your rich daddy left you for a legacy. If you're so concerned about other people why not use your own money to do some good instead of demanding everyone else pay for your absolution? Oh that's right it's easier and less painful on your pocketbook to force those who were born into less to pay for that by the point of a government sword while lining your own pocket. How much health care stock did daddy leave you rich boy?

*****CHUCKLE*****

He left me nothing, the whole thing went to pay for my mother's 9 years in a nursing home, because my brother the lawyer is a psycho a-hole. Don't you get tired of being wrong lol?

That's what our GOP system COSTS, stupid. No more scams and time to fix COSTS. Start with voting Dem, dupe. At least you like JT, but ay caramba...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwixkpOq0P3SAhUi_4MKHT4rAkQQtwIINDAE&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8&usg=AFQjCNFf6543HW8l6Fh9FM-zacVaxO-biA&sig2=2ecZRii1WJeSVN0hmjBldQ

Gee... My brother the lawyer, my neighbor the banker, sounds like you came from such a rough and underprivileged neighborhood.

Did you all wear hand me down clothes, spend most weekends pitching manure into a spreader, were lucky if daddy took you to A&W to eat out once a month, and crap like that while you were growing up?

Was Hillary and Kerry neighbors of yours also when you were younger?

It sounds like you had a really rough childhood living beside all those poor poor Democrats.

What is your stupid point? You hate rich people so you vote for the Rich White party? Brilliant!
First JT song I saw, Strawberry Fields Rock Festival, 1970

upload_2017-3-30_9-54-3.jpeg

It's pretty obvious you vote for those poor wealthy Democrats consistently rich boy.

I vote for whoever I wish too...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:

they are working very hard to make that happen in several American cities. Dearborn Michigan will probably be the first to invoke sharia over US law. What should the federal government do if a city passes a law saying it will be governed by sharia instead of federal and state law?

link on your education and law abiding claim? Were the boston bombers educated and law abiding? the Orlando shooter? the san Bernardino shooter, Chattanooga shooter?

Show us where anyone in Dearborn has tried to replace US Laws with Sharia?

The truth about Muslims in America - CNN.com

not quite sharia, but very close.

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/17062/dearborn_is_under_shawarma_law_not_sharia_law#.WN0gMKnrziw

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/17062/dearborn_is_under_shawarma_law_not_sharia_law#.WN0gMKnrziw

LOL...You failed to read your link again didn't you?

She does so with humor. She says the city is under shawarma law, a reference to the popular, Middle Eastern pita roll-up, writes Ann Zaniewski of the Detroit Free Press.

To spread the word, she organizes Shawarma Law dinners around her hometown.

"Dearborn is a beautiful city where you can do a lot of things," the 42-year-old tells the Freep. "I want to spread the word that there's no reason to fear coming to Dearborn."

The next dinner is set for 4 p.m. Saturday at the La Pita restaurant at 22681 Michigan Ave. in Dearborn.

In 2013, the National Report website published a satirical article that said the city had enacted sharia law. The city quickly dispelled that, but some people still believe it.

"Dearborn, Michigan, yes, we're Muslim here," Ayoub said. "But I've been living in the city for 25 years. I have never seen somebody get stoned to death. … I have never seen a woman get beat up for not being covered."

They have a limit on insurers under ACA. Only 20% of their money can be spent on other than care. Was 28%. It's a start. FIX IT.

View attachment 119307

All you did was make them raise their prices higher so they could make the same amount or more at a lesser rate of return.

The only people the progressives like you have affected are those who could barely afford health insurance in the first place.

Dupe.

*****SMILE*****

Then fix THAT. Which is wrong...lol. Yes, saving 40k lives a year who didn't have insurance. And now they don't have to go on welfare to get Medicaid. Except in greedy idiot red states. Dupe.

Wrong again Frances- BOcare does not save any lives. It deals with the payment of healthcare that people were already receiving. You could make the argument that it saves some people money, but it does nothing for enhancing the healthcare for life or death situations. Try again, it's fun to blow you up.

You wouldn't know, you're on the BS GOP propaganda machine...Dignified people used to die rather than lose their assets or fight the bank/ER any more...I knew a couple. The nice guy across the street, a banker, didn't know he could be on Medicaid with ACA or get a free colonoscopy- dead. It's better. And will only GET BETTER when the GOP and insurers stop the sabotage.

Ok, that just leaves one question. How long have you and Mathew been dating, and are you the pitcher or receiver?

Poor America, with all you ignorant vulgar brainwashed functional morons. Enjoy the tax cut for the rich and the GOP corruption.

LOL...You failed to read your link again didn't you?

She does so with humor. She says the city is under shawarma law, a reference to the popular, Middle Eastern pita roll-up, writes Ann Zaniewski of the Detroit Free Press.

To spread the word, she organizes Shawarma Law dinners around her hometown.

"Dearborn is a beautiful city where you can do a lot of things," the 42-year-old tells the Freep. "I want to spread the word that there's no reason to fear coming to Dearborn."

The next dinner is set for 4 p.m. Saturday at the La Pita restaurant at 22681 Michigan Ave. in Dearborn.

In 2013, the National Report website published a satirical article that said the city had enacted sharia law. The city quickly dispelled that, but some people still believe it.

"Dearborn, Michigan, yes, we're Muslim here," Ayoub said. "But I've been living in the city for 25 years. I have never seen somebody get stoned to death. … I have never seen a woman get beat up for not being covered."

I read it, fool. Its a joke and I was passing it along, sorry you were too dense to get it.

But have faith, maybe someday that defective liberal gene will self destruct.

To the OP. Oh I think I would delight in the 18th, I write of it fairly often. I even have a quill and inkwell heh I'm a bit of an anti-feminist with strong family ties (which rolls well into upper society - my German family was wealthy far into antiquity as well, up until the Nazi's anyway.)

Still I would very much miss computers as I've always loved these mechanical miscreants...

Nay I'd prefer the 80s, a decent enough mix of the good that has came out of the US "liberal/progressive" movements, with enough strong moral foundation to keep it all together. I do wish we could go back there... even if it meant I'd not be as ridiculously well off.
Using corncobs to wipe one's ass while sitting in a frozen outhouse isn't fun.

A good psych question is "If you had a time machine, would you go forward or backward in time?" IMO, the past would be fun to visit, but I'd rather live in the future.

Corncobs heh... In Alaska we use leaves, there's not much poisonous up here so as long as you don't grab a devils club it's not so bad :p Outhouses are still a "fixture" up here in the bush. True story, I would prefer to use an outhouse in the bush than a public restroom in the city.

I think the future is too likely to be overtaken by socialists frankly, we're on the verge of it right now as it is, so I'd prefer to go back. At least in the past I would have a chance to make my own way. If the future goes as I suspect, there will be zero opportunity for anyone but the new "royal families" (aka politicians and warlords - as a politician I would be assassinated and I'm not cruel enough to be a warlord so I'd be pretty much fucked.) In the past though a person with a keen mind could make money and live a good life even outside the castle walls. I'd be a shadow merchant, keep on the move to avoid full taxation, patsy sellers/buyers in the major ports to take the death for tax evasions on my behalf heh

Because the 18th century (dominated by the purest form of conservative policy there ever was) built a fledgling nation into the world's most dominant superpower. And here is indisputable proof that those policies are just as effective today.

Some key points from this article:
In a society in which a college degree is almost required for entry into the upper middle class, 77% of people whose families are in the top quarter of the earnings distribution secure a bachelor’s degree by the time they are 24. For people in the lowest income bracket, that figure is 9%.
So that would obviously dictate that education is the single most critical factor to moving from lower class to middle class and middle class to upper class. So obviously Utah must spend a fortune on education - right? Wrong.
The state has not invested a lot in fighting poverty, nor on schools; Utah is dead last in per-pupil education spending.
We'll based on these two indisputable facts - then Utah must be among the lowest in "upward mobility", if not dead last. Wrong again.
But things look a lot better in Salt Lake City, which economists Raj Chetty, Nathaniel Hendren, Patrick Kline and Emmanuel Saez identified as having the highest rates of absolute upward mobility in the nation. So I went to Utah to discover its secrets and assess whether they could be exported.
So this hard data supports everything about the conservative ideology and proves that everything about the progressive ideology is 100% false. Their biggest success is addressing poverty through charity - most notably the (Mormon) church. Just as conservatives have been saying for the past 100 years.

How Utah Keeps the American Dream Alive

To the OP. Oh I think I would delight in the 18th, I write of it fairly often. I even have a quill and inkwell heh I'm a bit of an anti-feminist with strong family ties (which rolls well into upper society - my German family was wealthy far into antiquity as well, up until the Nazi's anyway.)

Still I would very much miss computers as I've always loved these mechanical miscreants...

Nay I'd prefer the 80s, a decent enough mix of the good that has came out of the US "liberal/progressive" movements, with enough strong moral foundation to keep it all together. I do wish we could go back there... even if it meant I'd not be as ridiculously well off.
Using corncobs to wipe one's ass while sitting in a frozen outhouse isn't fun.

A good psych question is "If you had a time machine, would you go forward or backward in time?" IMO, the past would be fun to visit, but I'd rather live in the future.

Corncobs heh... In Alaska we use leaves, there's not much poisonous up here so as long as you don't grab a devils club it's not so bad :p Outhouses are still a "fixture" up here in the bush. True story, I would prefer to use an outhouse in the bush than a public restroom in the city.

I think the future is too likely to be overtaken by socialists frankly, we're on the verge of it right now as it is, so I'd prefer to go back. At least in the past I would have a chance to make my own way. If the future goes as I suspect, there will be zero opportunity for anyone but the new "royal families" (aka politicians and warlords - as a politician I would be assassinated and I'm not cruel enough to be a warlord so I'd be pretty much fucked.) In the past though a person with a keen mind could make money and live a good life even outside the castle walls. I'd be a shadow merchant, keep on the move to avoid full taxation, patsy sellers/buyers in the major ports to take the death for tax evasions on my behalf heh
Funny and agreed about outhouses in the bush vs. city public toilets. Still, it's nice to have an abundant supply of TP and an electric heater.

As for socialism, it doesn't work in a world of limited resources. When renewable energy is practical, 3D printers can print anything and fusion can create any substance, then we can have "Star Trek" socialism; a system where no one wants for food, shelter or medicine, but if one wants to explore the stars, they can do so based on merit. The bottom half of the IQ Bell Curve can sit around smoking pot and playing guitars. The rest of us can leave.

View attachment 119307

Dupe.

*****SMILE*****

Poor America, with all you ignorant vulgar brainwashed functional morons. Enjoy the tax cut for the rich and the GOP corruption.

Hmm, That sounds kinda of sarcastic and bitchy, soooooo I am guess you are receiving from Mathew.

Hmm, That sounds kinda of sarcastic and bitchy, soooooo I am guess you are receiving from Mathew.
You got nothing, dupe.

...You wouldn't know, you're on the BS GOP propaganda machine...Dignified people used to die rather than lose their assets or fight the bank/ER any more...I knew a couple. The nice guy across the street, a banker, didn't know he could be on Medicaid with ACA or get a free colonoscopy- dead. It's better. And will only GET BETTER when the GOP and insurers stop the sabotage.
Socialism doesn't work without Capitalism funding the means.

...You wouldn't know, you're on the BS GOP propaganda machine...Dignified people used to die rather than lose their assets or fight the bank/ER any more...I knew a couple. The nice guy across the street, a banker, didn't know he could be on Medicaid with ACA or get a free colonoscopy- dead. It's better. And will only GET BETTER when the GOP and insurers stop the sabotage.
Socialism doesn't work without Capitalism funding the means.
That is why no societies are truly capitalist or truly socialist

Forum List

Back