Why do so many leftists believe in the Executive Order?

In most cases the supreme court agrees with lower court rulings on an EO or the issue has already been decided by the high court so they don't need to hear the case. There have been a number of times that the courts have overturned an order by the president. However, it is fairly rare because the legal staff at the White House checks every EO to make sure it's supported by laws and the constitution. Presidents don't like to be overturned by the courts so they rarely issue orders they believe will be overturned.
Well said and to the point.

Once again, another anti-gun nut who has no idea what they are talking about.

An AR-15 shoots a .556/.223 round. It is a semi-automatic "scary" gun. My 30-06 shoots a MUCH larger(caliber) round but most certainly is not considered an "assault" rifle. Tell me how the AR-15 turns a deer into hamburger meat with a much smaller round?
Might have something to do with a neighbor I grew up next to and who was my good friend. He became a cop and was called to a bank robbery and set himself up in a close parking lot covering a route away from the bank . He picked the route the bank robber chose to go and had a shootout with him, and he was behind his car, which gave him no cover at all because of the hamburger maker that the robber was carrying. The first shot all but blew off the bottom of his leg and he was shot three more times through the car, he decided to play dead because the guy could shoot right through the car anytime he wanted to and hit him. The robber shot him in the back one more time, When he escaped through the parking lot. Idiot, it has to do with speed and the designed tumble of the projectile. All you have to do is talk to any doctor who put people back together after being shot with one of these hamburger makers. You gun Bubba are the last people to get your information from for these hamburger makers. Biggest liars in a group that lies all the time. The shock wave alone with a bullet traveling at that speed kills tissue the size of a softball. The tumble changes its trajectory and rips you apart like you are made out of jello. So get screwed . You make believe experts make me puke.

The simple factoid is that an EO is a run around.Does not
convert to Democracy in any form.It's a way to be like a
King or Queen.With their Edicts.Like Canada's true scumbag
Tyrant { Justin Trudeau }.
However every President manages to use one or many.
Congress can at best deter a Potus from issuing an EO
by withdolding authority of it's use until the Courts step in
and overturn it.The saving grace of certain Courts run by
Radicals who are appointed by Radical Presidents for Radical
policy implementation.
Plus use of sanctions on a President for overreaching on an
Executive Order.Like what transpired with Trump issuing a
Travel Ban during the height of Covid.
You simply have no idea what you are talking about. There has been some of the stupidest comments I've heard in months in here, and you top the list, No clue at all.

No, he does not have that authority and no 'extra power' was given to the president to circumvent congress thorough ordering his agencies to do things they are not empowered to do.

Sorry, that is just how it works.

Finally, it does not make him more powerful than any other part of the government. This is just you looking for a reason to justify making the president a king.
What a idiot, the constitution gives the president through section 1 of article 2 to have and use the Executive order (“The Executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.” Sections 3 and 4 of Article II provide potential limitations on executive action (including Executive Orders) in stating that the President shall “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” and in providing for impeachment and removal of the President in cases where the President is convicted of “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.")which circumvents congress and makes law for his governing body which can be overturned 2/ 3rds majority , the supreme court can find it unconstitutional and the predecessor to the president can overturn it also. and yes that makes the president the most powerful person in the government.

The simple factoid is that an EO is a run around.Does not
convert to Democracy in any form.It's a way to be like a
King or Queen.With their Edicts.Like Canada's true scumbag
Tyrant { Justin Trudeau }.
However every President manages to use one or many.
Congress can at best deter a Potus from issuing an EO
by withdolding authority of it's use until the Courts step in
and overturn it.The saving grace of certain Courts run by
Radicals who are appointed by Radical Presidents for Radical
policy implementation.
Plus use of sanctions on a President for overreaching on an
Executive Order.Like what transpired with Trump issuing a
Travel Ban during the height of Covid.
About 99% of all EO are covered by previous legislation, existing EOs, or duties of the president as stated in constitution or legislation. Every time a president issues a controversial EO, the opposition claims it's unconstitutional, presidential overreach, etc.

What a idiot, the constitution gives the president through section 1 of article 2 to have and use the Executive order (“The Executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.” Sections 3 and 4 of Article II provide potential limitations on executive action (including Executive Orders) in stating that the President shall “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” and in providing for impeachment and removal of the President in cases where the President is convicted of “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.")which circumvents congress and makes law for his governing body which can be overturned 2/ 3rds majority , the supreme court can find it unconstitutional and the predecessor to the president can overturn it also. and yes that makes the president the most powerful person in the government.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

How.... expected.

Biden making noise about banning guns with an EO, but we in this country seem too stupid to know that it would not effect the population, because a President can not change law on his own, and certainly can't change the Constitution...

Because they see it as a short cut to getting what they want immediately without question or debate because it sounds hard and official. "Executive order from the president", serious shit.

But that's all they really want is the illusion they are doing something. They don't want to actually do anything. They just want to think that everyone thinks they are in total and complete control of everything, even if they aren't.

That illusion also helps them get away with doing what they want. The borders are open with illegals flooding in costing billions and raising crime and shortening our supplies and causing a lot of problems for the country and isn't slowing down. But the president goes on tv and says "the border is secure" and most Americans say "well the border is secure and Fox news is spreading lies because the president said it was secure on like 4 news channels and he wouldn't lie on tv."

Might have something to do with a neighbor I grew up next to and who was my good friend. He became a cop and was called to a bank robbery and set himself up in a close parking lot covering a route away from the bank . He picked the route the bank robber chose to go and had a shootout with him, and he was behind his car, which gave him no cover at all because of the hamburger maker that the robber was carrying. The first shot all but blew off the bottom of his leg and he was shot three more times through the car, he decided to play dead because the guy could shoot right through the car anytime he wanted to and hit him. The robber shot him in the back one more time, When he escaped through the parking lot. Idiot, it has to do with speed and the designed tumble of the projectile. All you have to do is talk to any doctor who put people back together after being shot with one of these hamburger makers. You gun Bubba are the last people to get your information from for these hamburger makers. Biggest liars in a group that lies all the time. The shock wave alone with a bullet traveling at that speed kills tissue the size of a softball. The tumble changes its trajectory and rips you apart like you are made out of jello. So get screwed . You make believe experts make me puke.

The type and caliber of bullet is what matters most, not the velocity. FMJ bullets, no matter the caliber, are designed to penetrate hard surfaces. When it comes to soft tissue, they go right through potentially doing less damage(depending on what is hit obviously). Hollow points expand on contact, making them less effective against metal objects but much more effective against soft tissue. You would stand a much better chance of survival being hit by a .223 FMJ fired from an AR-15 from 20 yards than by a .45 hollow point fired from a pistol at the same distance.

Basically, you have no idea what you are talking about. I know more about guns and ballistics that you will ever know.

It's irrelevant what I think. I think we should ban EO's outright. What's important is what the Supreme Court thinks.

The Supreme Court is saying a president can ban aspects of a gun with an EO. Do you understand the ramifications of that?
Believing all EOs are the same is the mark of an idiot.

Believing all EOs are the same is the mark of an idiot.

Thinking one can pick and choose which are fine and which aren't isn't exactly what I call smart.

If you want something done, get is passed. If unable to do that, it shouldn't be done.

But it was in effect for 10yrs?

The 10-year ban was passed by the U.S. Congress on August 25, 1994 and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on September 13, 1994.[1] The ban applied only to weapons manufactured after the date of the ban's enactment. It expired on September 13, 2004, in accordance with its sunset provision.
did it actually do anything? I mean, did gun violence drop?

Hunting what , Hamburger ?thats what everything turns into when shot by that caliper of gun. You people are idiots.
so you are against people defending themselves? Let's get your position.

Not my option I did not write the post. Simply pointing out that the poster said CRIMINAL lowlife. Not that being a lowlife is criminal as to what you were twisting it into.
that wasn't the question I asked. it seems you are a sheeple cult hero.

Thinking one can pick and choose which are fine and which aren't isn't exactly what I call smart.

If you want something done, get is passed. If unable to do that, it shouldn't be done.
So you just admitted that all EOs are not the same.

Except that executive orders are how the president gives the agencies direction. Because that is his job.

So it is not a matter of IF you can pick ans choose some as good and others as not. By definition some of those orders are proper and others are not.

It would be like saying you need to end all official orders from generals to their soldiers because some general abused the process and made orders that exceeded their authority. That would be asinine. Just like declaring the mere existence of executive orders is asinine.

The type and caliber of bullet is what matters most, not the velocity. FMJ bullets, no matter the caliber, are designed to penetrate hard surfaces. When it comes to soft tissue, they go right through potentially doing less damage(depending on what is hit obviously). Hollow points expand on contact, making them less effective against metal objects but much more effective against soft tissue. You would stand a much better chance of survival being hit by a .223 FMJ fired from an AR-15 from 20 yards than by a .45 hollow point fired from a pistol at the same distance.

Basically, you have no idea what you are talking about. I know more about guns and ballistics that you will ever know.
Try harder , you people operate on garbage in, garbage out. Like I said all you have to do is look up any surgeon who works with many gunshot wounds and let him tell you the difference, Your opinion , being wrong and biased will always be overruled by facts. It all has to do with tissue damage beyond the visible wound track and hydrostatic shock . You people are like arguing with a door knob.

Forum List

Back