Why do Republicans admire Putin?

If we are basing our policy on just hoping that things don't go badly, that is not responsibility. That is incredibly dangerous incompetence.
Sorta like the 'Syrian Red line':

"Man, I REALLY hope they back down because if they don't I got nuthin'!"

If you draw a line, you need to consider what you are going to do if they cross it.

The only way to bluff, is to not be bluffing.

During the COld War we were not bluffing.

Losing West Germany would have tipped the world wide balance of power. It was worth fighting a war over.

Losing Estonia would be sad for the Estonians, and mean nothing to the US. It is NOT worth fighting a war over.

It is madness that we are treaty bound to fight to protect them.

If we are basing our policy on just hoping that things don't go badly, that is not responsibility. That is incredibly dangerous incompetence.
Sorta like the 'Syrian Red line':

"Man, I REALLY hope they back down because if they don't I got nuthin'!"

If you draw a line, you need to consider what you are going to do if they cross it.

The only way to bluff, is to not be bluffing.

During the COld War we were not bluffing.

Losing West Germany would have tipped the world wide balance of power. It was worth fighting a war over.

Losing Estonia would be sad for the Estonians, and mean nothing to the US. It is NOT worth fighting a war over.

It is madness that we are treaty bound to fight to protect them.
I agree with most of what you said...however I do believe that the free nations of the world need to stick together for survival and not pull away while watching as the growing, unified evil in the world takes them down one by one.

Forum List

Back