Why do people keep saying Jews are a separate race?

"I can't help it. I just feel superior."

Said by a Jewish gal I was having a conservation with once.
I'm fairly certain that EVERYONE who converses with you comes away with that feeling.

First, let’s establish that Jews are not a race. There are Asian Jews, Caucasian/white Jews, and black Jews. Admittedly, they are more than a religion, and it would be fair to consider them a “people” who span across the three major races.

WHY do some people, and I’ve seen them on this forum, insist that there is a fourth race: the Jews. Do the people who want to segregate those of Jewish ancestry as a separate race tend to be antisemitic?

- whites
- blacks
- Asians
- Jews

I’m interested in thoughts as to the why behind this.
I do not know. I am Caucasian Jew.

Being a Jew is a Halachic status and for most Jews an ethnicity. I guess some people use Race and Ethnicity interchangeably.

I attend shul in Singapore. We had two Singaporean Chinese families that were Lubavitch. We even had a diplomat that from an African country who was a crypto-Jew.
Everyone can become a Jew. A Jew can never become a non-Jew.

It's almost universally Jews who proclaim a distinct race or ethnicity. I have seen Jews on twitter say "as a white person who is Jewish" and then 6 months later that same person says
"As someone who is Jewish and not white".
I am proud of being Jewish. I am not proud of European legacy of both Racism and anti-Semitism.

Personally, as a high functioning autistic, I want to be different from as many people as possible.

Most just believe Jews are so different that they might as well be a different race. Also most don't like Jews, but don't that God has placed the Jews under the curse of being ostracized from the rest of mankind.
Speak for yourself.

First, let’s establish that Jews are not a race. There are Asian Jews, Caucasian/white Jews, and black Jews. Admittedly, they are more than a religion, and it would be fair to consider them a “people” who span across the three major races.

WHY do some people, and I’ve seen them on this forum, insist that there is a fourth race: the Jews. Do the people who want to segregate those of Jewish ancestry as a separate race tend to be antisemitic?

- whites
- blacks
- Asians
- Jews

I’m interested in thoughts as to the why behind this.
Joking aside, other than the human race, it’s not even clear what race means.

Among some white nationalists and fundamentalists.. America has it's share of ignoramuses.
I'm not approving of antisemitism, I'm just saying that it is widespread, even globally so.

Just because someone tells you the time doesn't mean he is a watchmaker.

Among some white nationalists and fundamentalists.. America has it's share of ignoramuses.
Also among the extreme on the left. Farrakhan and his massive number of followers are neither white nationalists or fundies.

Forum List

Back