Why Do Libs Fail At Talk Radio?

I admire your honesty and integrity.

I hate to admit it, but I side with RSR on this one – at least for the most part. Liberal talk radio does exist in some areas. I provided links to a list of liberal hosts and information about liberal radio. If the general public wants to hear from the other side (the liberal side) the market place will find an economical way of getting that information to them. The “fairness doctrine” is just another way for big government to expand and ease into a sector where its help is not needed. “We know that you don’t care to hear from the other side, but we are going to make sure that you are exposed to it for your own good”. No thank you. If I’m interested, I’ll find it and buy it for myself.

I agree with RSR. Ewwww. I think that I’m gonna be sick.

...why would liberals support the fairness doctrine? I dunno...I, myself, am undecided on it, but the pragmatic answer is, to get an even greater edge, of course.

I wish that there were a liberal equivalent on “Rush Limbaugh” on the radio. I get “Clear Channel” and only hear shows hosted by Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, and the like. Air America never reaches me but I occasionally got to hear in on trips to Dallas. Oh well. For whatever reason, not enough people cared to listen to it.

I still do not think that the government should get involved in trying to give people “equal time”. I feel as certain about this as I am about allowing “civil unions” status for homosexual couples. Who is to decide what balance is? What if I think that CNN leans too far to the left? What if other people think that it leans too far to the right? Look. Let the free market decide. It is not like it is impossible for people to learn things from liberal perspectives or that the survival of America is at risk. If you want alternative perspectives, go to your local library and pick up The American Prospect, The Progressive, The Nation, or Mother Jones. If people want a liberal Rush Limbaugh, then the greedy money-driven free market place will find a way to give them what they want.

This should be what people call a “no brainer”. Hey, MM. Please tell me that you oppose the meddlesome “Fairness Doctrine”.

I wish that there were a liberal equivalent on “Rush Limbaugh” on the radio. I get “Clear Channel” and only hear shows hosted by Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, and the like. Air America never reaches me but I occasionally got to hear in on trips to Dallas. Oh well. For whatever reason, not enough people cared to listen to it.

I still do not think that the government should get involved in trying to give people “equal time”. I feel as certain about this as I am about allowing “civil unions” status for homosexual couples. Who is to decide what balance is? What if I think that CNN leans too far to the left? What if other people think that it leans too far to the right? Look. Let the free market decide. It is not like it is impossible for people to learn things from liberal perspectives or that the survival of America is at risk. If you want alternative perspectives, go to your local library and pick up The American Prospect, The Progressive, The Nation, or Mother Jones. If people want a liberal Rush Limbaugh, then the greedy money-driven free market place will find a way to give them what they want.

This should be what people call a “no brainer”. Hey, MM. Please tell me that you oppose the meddlesome “Fairness Doctrine”.

I sm not as big fan of the fairness doctine. It really is not that big a deal to me when compared to the carnage in Iraq and the fact that our involvement there might very well have tipped us over down the slippery slope into Hell itself where inconsequential tripe like which side of the political spectrum has the upper hand in the AM/FM frequencies will be as important as what key the string quartet on the deck of the Titanic was playing.

The fairness doctine wont because, you cant make the world fair through legislation, but through your own actions, you can make a differnce.

I sm not as big fan of the fairness doctine. It really is not that big a deal to me when compared to the carnage in Iraq and the fact that our involvement there might very well have tipped us over down the slippery slope into Hell itself where inconsequential tripe like which side of the political spectrum has the upper hand in the AM/FM frequencies will be as important as what key the string quartet on the deck of the Titanic was playing.

According to the NY Times, Air Amercia was the lefts answer to Rush Limbaugh. They had about 12 front page stories before they went on the air

Even after all that free publicity, Air America could not make it - even in NY

As I said when I first debunked that link, Faux Network lost the primetime ratings, and NEVER came close to beating the other (as you call them, liberal) networks. Way more people are watching HLN, MSNBC and CNN - those nasty liberals ...and filling their heads with liberal "nonsense [/sarcasm off] - than are watching Faux. We get our message out and a lot more folks watch TV than listen to radio. If you want to claim ownership of the radio airwaves, I really could give a fuck.... you lose your ass on cable.

It seems once the Paris Hilton story faded, the ratings went back to where they usually are

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

According to the NY Times, Air Amercia was the lefts answer to Rush Limbaugh. They had about 12 front page stories before they went on the air

Even after all that free publicity, Air America could not make it - even in NY

There are still some small liberal talk radio stations in small pockets of America. I predict that some day, somewhere down the road, the “liberal establishment – for lack of a better term – will try again to have a liberal equivalent to Rush Limbaugh. They might use different personalities or a different style than they did before.

I admire your honesty and integrity.

Thanks. I try to not let my own biases cloud and prevent me from accepting facts and logic but I think that even I fail at that on rare occasions. When I make mistakes, I readily admit them. Sometimes I get impatient and annoyed by people whose biases seemingly will not allow them to consider other perspectives, who don’t own up to their own technical errors, or who refuse to admit to facts that might, to just a small degree, weaken their position. Anyway, thanks for the compliments – I eat them up like candy.

:) :)

Let me tell you which conservative talk show hosts are great, and which are just vile people.

Dennis Prager - The most intellectual and kind conservative talk show host
Michael Medved - Not as nice dennis, but still very intelligent, and not as bad as the rest of my list.
Sean Hannity - A very mean person, name calls, not intellectual at all. He could learn some mannors.
Rush Limbaush - A very arrogant, bush bot, who wont disagree with on anything, I cannot stand his name calling and rudeness.
michael savage - while entertaining, I dont feel he has on that many who agree with him, and his show is just to piss off people, he is the most vile, angry, mean-spirited jerk on the radio.

Yours opinions, of what i said, or any host, liberal or conservative.
?
There are still some small liberal talk radio stations in small pockets of America. I predict that some day, somewhere down the road, the “liberal establishment – for lack of a better term – will try again to have a liberal equivalent to Rush Limbaugh. They might use different personalities or a different style than they did before.

At the risk of talking too much, im all for diverse opinions, the more we talk to one another, rather then talk at each other, the more we will realize, we do share common ground, and can be friends too.

Oh, and its my pleasure, I really enjoy the discoure with you mattskramer :)

Gee, Air America was to be the answer to Rush

Then Ed Schultz was to be the answer to Rush

The libs keep throwing them at Rush, and Rush keeps knocking them out of the park

Gee, Air America was to be the answer to Rush

Then Ed Schultz was to be the answer to Rush

The libs keep throwing them at Rush, and Rush keeps knocking them out of the park

Because Rush does a very entertaining show, and he is a great showman.

It has little to do with his ideas.

A lot of Conservatives on talk radio fail. It has nothing to do with ideas. It has to do with entertainment. Rush is entertaining, not a good policy analyst.

In fact I would argue that someone who IS a good policy analyst would be too boring to keep the attention of a large base of Americans and would probably fail.

Because Rush does a very entertaining show, and he is a great showman.

It has little to do with his ideas.

A lot of Conservatives on talk radio fail. It has nothing to do with ideas. It has to do with entertainment. Rush is entertaining, not a good policy analyst.

In fact I would argue that someone who IS a good policy analyst would be too boring to keep the attention of a large base of Americans and would probably fail.

Oh really? Tell that to Neal Boortz, Michael Medced, Michael Reagan, and Hugh Hewitt - to name a few

Libs want talk radio to mirror liberal TV

Hardball Turns Into DNC-TV
Posted by Geoffrey Dickens on July 2, 2007 - 17:12.
Chris Matthews, presumably away on vacation, handed the reigns of MSNBC's Hardball to Democratic activist Reverend Al Sharpton. The first two guests, in the first half-hour, of the Sharpton hosted July 2 episode, were Democrats - Howard Dean and Terry McAuliffe. The hot topic of the discussion with Dean was about how the John McCain campaign and the GOP, overall, were suffering in their fundraising efforts. The following "hardball" segment, with McAuliffe, featured the Hillary Clinton campaign chairman crowing about her fundraising success.

After the McAuliffe segment, Sharpton, actually interviewed a Republican. Predictably, Sharpton's questions to presidential candidate, Representative Duncan Hunter, were tougher than the ones to his Democratic colleagues. Following the Hunter segment, Sharpton quickly returned to his Democratic friends, as he invited on Democratic presidential candidate, Senator Chris Dodd.

In the "Hardball Debate" segment, Sharpton asked his guests if the Supreme Court has moved "too far to the right." Sharpton was joined, in the discussion, by a conservative, the American Spectator's R. Emmett Tyrrell and, yet another Democrat, strategist Jenny Backus. That left the final guest tally, including Sharpton, at five liberals to just two conservatives.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13880

Oh really? Tell that to Neal Boortz, Michael Medced, Michael Reagan, and Hugh Hewitt - to name a few

You should read my post better. I didn't say Rush was the only successful one. You really have a complete lack of reading comprehension.

And if you think Neal Boortz is a Conservative, you need to pay better attention.

Learn to read, bro.

It is personality and charisma more than information and truth. Two people could be handed the exact same script and present the evening news. One would have more audience members than the other one.

Exactly my point. It's about entertainment, not policy.

Hey for the most part the conservative talk radio folks are articulate, funny, and have good material-government sucks and so do politicians.

The liberals on the other hand have a problem. The most articulate are angry, at business, the ignorant hordes, and want to give more power to the government, as long as it isn't run by those they disagree with. It's hard to find much to laugh at with that.

Forum List

Back