Why didn't Obama replenish the N95 mask national supply that was depleted after the H1N1 outbreak of 2009 ?

The grounds for impeachment had nothing to do with Pelosi but with Trumps own actions. If you think it is fine for the president to abuse his power by coercing a foreign leader into trying to find or manufacture dirt on a personal political rival then say so. I do not.
It is Trumps JOB AS PRESIDENT to enforce the laws and have apparent crimes investigated.

We also have a treaty with the Ukraine to cooperate with each others investigations, so asking the Ukrainian Head of State to do an investigation is well within the purvue of the Preside3nt's prerogatives.

Why do Dimocrats think that when Republicans enforce the law it is the same thing as 'digging up dirt'?

Oh, wait, never mind. lol

I don’t need to. I had put up with 8 years of you and your rightest media trashing Obama every fucking minute.
Obama did some things right and some things wrong, but the right did not go after him with the fury that TDS Dimocrats do Trump.

The Birth certificate thing was an issue because it was only reluctantly provided, and that is a Constitutional requirement that only natural born American citizens be qualified to be President. Due to his mother's young age at the time, he did not gain citizenship through her, as a minor. He h ad to show he was born in the states or territories of the USA.

But Obama had milked this idea that he was foreign born for years when he was in college, so there was reason to ask on the matter. Once the long form was released the matter was over in my view.

But Obama is not a Muslim, IMO, he is a main stream Protestant pseudo-Christian.

Obama did well with the QE program, and buttressing the financial markets. He was successful in getting universal health coverage out there, but many still choose to not have any.

Overall, I would give W Bush a B-, Obama a C, and Trump an A++.

Quote - he Birth certificate thing was an issue because it was only reluctantly provided, and that is a Constitutional requirement that only natural born American citizens be qualified to be President. Due to his mother's young age at the time, he did not gain citizenship through her, as a minor. He h ad to show he was born in the states or territories of the USA. - end

He was born in Hawaii and his mother was an American so there was never any doubt just stories that feed the believe that he wasn't a citizen. There was not one piece of proof. Just a story that gain traction because repubs wanted to believe and it gave them something to complain about.

And when Trump started repeating the story , there it is no proof but it sounds real

2nd he was already president and why did it matter. Do all presidents present a birth certificate when they are sworn in ? How could Ted Cruz run for president when he was born in Canada and a naturalized Canadian until he switched to become an American. Yeah I bet the repubs wanted to impeach him but they realized that they have no proof.

The grounds for impeachment had nothing to do with Pelosi but with Trumps own actions. If you think it is fine for the president to abuse his power by coercing a foreign leader into trying to find or manufacture dirt on a personal political rival then say so. I do not.
It is Trumps JOB AS PRESIDENT to enforce the laws and have apparent crimes investigated.

We also have a treaty with the Ukraine to cooperate with each others investigations, so asking the Ukrainian Head of State to do an investigation is well within the purvue of the Preside3nt's prerogatives.

Why do Dimocrats think that when Republicans enforce the law it is the same thing as 'digging up dirt'?

Oh, wait, never mind. lol

Is it actually necessary to run with the dumbest disinformation the rightarded blabbosphere has to offer?

Pressuring foreign countries into providing campaign contributions now amounts to enforcing the law?

That treaty all of Rightardia is so giddy about mandates that an actual prosecution is started within the requesting country, and that the requesting country identify the entity tasked with the prosecution, and detail the evidence underpinning that investigation. That information is supposed to be provided in order to preclude witch hunts - of the kind Trump tried to instigate. But, there is no evidence for a crime, and therefore there is no investigation, and therefore it wasn't the DoJ requesting "legal assistance", as the "legal assistance treaty" mandates, it was the Mob Boss shaking down a foreign country for campaign assistance.

Why are Trumpletons too stupid even once to check their benighted "sources" for accuracy?

Naw, that's work, and the impertinent imposition to use their own brain, and therefore the intellectually lazy goofs running on resentment and willing, gleeful, enthusiastic conformity won't go there, not even once.

But of course the left and their media will never do any significant reporting on this.
(hint to our board libs: Trump was not president in 2009, nor 2010, nor 2011, nor 2012, nor 2013, nor 2014, nor 2015, nor 2016)

"the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply."

Stop whining. How many years did Drumpf have to get some new masks?

Not 8, like Obama.

But of course the left and their media will never do any significant reporting on this.
(hint to our board libs: Trump was not president in 2009, nor 2010, nor 2011, nor 2012, nor 2013, nor 2014, nor 2015, nor 2016)

"the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply."

Stop whining. How many years did Drumpf have to get some new masks?

Not 8, like Obama.
How many if not 8?

the poetry of politics always fails at the prose of governing.

Obama and Trump, while master orators, have no clue or experience how to govern.

America is a dysfunctional society in which no one takes any responsibility whatsoever to such an extent the entire illusion runs upon endless unresolved and unprosecuted blame, crime and corruption.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

In have an idea. Why don't you lying assfucks show me where Congress funded them and Obama said no.

Furthermore, your fat asssed orange buddy has been President for 3/4 of a complete 4 year term. At what point is anything is his fault? He was briefed. We had a Pandemic office in the NSC. What the fuck happened to it?
Thank you. trump not only had a pandemic team, but he had a policy and a handbook to guide him made by the Obama administration that he refused to follow. His own administration did a pandemic preparedness "scrimmage" and provided him with what he needed to do in order to be prepared and he paid no attention to that. But he made sure to tweet every day and watch fox news when he should have been getting the things necessary to be prepared in case something like this came along.

trump has failed, it is not Obamas fault.

It doesn't matter which president we pick. We can with the benefit of hindsight find thousands of things to "Why didn't they do" them about.
Tell that to the left and their media, as they spend every single fucking minute of the day trashing Trump for all of this crisis !
I don’t need to. I had put up with 8 years of you and your rightest media trashing Obama every fucking minute.
Remember when you guys said there was no such thing as "media bias"?

I do. You said it back then, when Obama was president, and your media was fawning over him, and lying to defend him.
That never happened.

It funny how these guys want to blame Obama for every failure of trump, but they seem to forget that republicans controlled both houses for 6 of his 8 years and worked against everything he tried to do.

In have an idea. Why don't you lying assfucks show me where Congress funded them and Obama said no.

Furthermore, your fat asssed orange buddy has been President for 3/4 of a complete 4 year term. At what point is anything is his fault? He was briefed. We had a Pandemic office in the NSC. What the fuck happened to it?

Are you crying? You sound like you are.
Just identifying you whining fucks trying to pretend Trump is doing a great job.

• Thanks
Obama didn't replenish those masks because for one, he was incompetent. And two, unlike the widely repeated myth, Democrats really don't care. Their thinly-veiled attitude of compassion always has an ulterior motive, mainly a craving for absolute power.

They're really a self-serving arrogant lot.

Can you imagine the outrage by the left and their media if Trump had been president during this time ?
There would be one story, after another throughout their media empire, raking Trump over the coals for failing to replenish this supply.
Why didn't Trump replenish it during his three years in office?

• Thanks
Obama didn't replenish those masks because for one, he was incompetent. And two, unlike the widely repeated myth, Democrats really don't care. Their thinly-veiled attitude of compassion always has an ulterior motive, mainly a craving for absolute power.

This is so true.

You know he did not commit a crime, he only frustrated Pelosi, which he should get a medal for.
What? What I stated had zero to do with Pelosi! Sheesh.
Pelosi led the impeachment, derrrrrr.
The grounds for impeachment had nothing to do with Pelosi but with Trumps own actions. If you think it is fine for the president to abuse his power by coercing a foreign leader into trying to find or manufacture dirt on a personal political rival then say so. I do not. And yes, I believe that behavior is grounds for impeachment and for party that impeached Clinton to claim persecution, is ludicrous.
I asked Trumpers this back during the impeachment.....

If Obama was president...and there was a natural disaster or a "PANDEMIC" -- and red states like Oklahoma or Alabama were hit hard....and the governors of those states were pleading for help from Obama -- and he said -- I will help you, but...you have to do me a favor tho....

Trumpers would he demanding his execution..........but Trump is basically doing this now by demanding governors be nice to him or else -- and not a single Trumper has a problem with it....which is why they don't have a problem with why he was impeached......

• Thanks
Obama did some things right and some things wrong, but the right did not go after him with the fury that TDS Dimocrats do Trump.

The Birth certificate thing was an issue because it was only reluctantly provided, and that is a Constitutional requirement that only natural born American citizens be qualified to be President. Due to his mother's young age at the time, he did not gain citizenship through her, as a minor. He h ad to show he was born in the states or territories of the USA.

But Obama had milked this idea that he was foreign born for years when he was in college, so there was reason to ask on the matter. Once the long form was released the matter was over in my view.

But Obama is not a Muslim, IMO, he is a main stream Protestant pseudo-Christian.

Obama did well with the QE program, and buttressing the financial markets. He was successful in getting universal health coverage out there, but many still choose to not have any.

Overall, I would give W Bush a B-, Obama a C, and Trump an A++.

Quote - he Birth certificate thing was an issue because it was only reluctantly provided, and that is a Constitutional requirement that only natural born American citizens be qualified to be President. Due to his mother's young age at the time, he did not gain citizenship through her, as a minor. He h ad to show he was born in the states or territories of the USA. - end

He was born in Hawaii and his mother was an American so there was never any doubt just stories that feed the believe that he wasn't a citizen. There was not one piece of proof. Just a story that gain traction because repubs wanted to believe and it gave them something to complain about.

And when Trump started repeating the story , there it is no proof but it sounds real

2nd he was already president and why did it matter. Do all presidents present a birth certificate when they are sworn in ? How could Ted Cruz run for president when he was born in Canada and a naturalized Canadian until he switched to become an American. Yeah I bet the repubs wanted to impeach him but they realized that they have no proof.
Funny thing is...without the racist birther movement -- Trump would not even be considered even remotely a viable candidate to be president......

The only reason trump rose to the level of being considered a viable candidate without most republicans laughing that prospect out of the water is because he hopped on the birther conspiracy movement and fed the racist base what it craved......now after the fact, they want to pretend none of this happened because they know at the source of it is nothing but racism....

• Thanks

Can you imagine the outrage by the left and their media if Trump had been president during this time ?
There would be one story, after another throughout their media empire, raking Trump over the coals for failing to replenish this supply.
Why didn't Trump replenish it during his three years in office?

I have no idea. As far as I'm concerned, he should have.

The point of this thread is not to bash Obama, it's simply to point out to you guys who spend every minute of your day blaming this crisis on Trump, that other leaders past and present, can also be questioned.

As I've repeatedly pointed out, there was a 2005 HHS report that warned that we needed to prepare for what we would need when and if we were hit again by a Spanish Flu kind of pandemic. in fact they made it clear we would need 740,000 ventilators ready to go.
Bush, Obama, Trump, governors, hospitals, all have failed to heed this advice !

Show me where Nancy Pelosi funded it seeing she has been in charge of the House since January of 2019.

If you can not provide the Bill that should be sitting on Mitch McConnell desk then I guess Trump and McConnell can not be blamed for her failure as Speaker of the House.

Now watch how quickly you will proclaim she is not at fault while you forget what you just wrote about the House Leadership when Obama was President...

Forum List

Back