Why Didn't Mary Just Tell Them?

Scripture?

John the Baptist Prepares the Way​

3 In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea 2 and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” 3 This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.’”[a]
4 John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey. 5 People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. 6 Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with[b] water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Little 14 year old girls who got pregnant without marriage got stoned to death. That girl had guts. She said yes.
And she got shit for it. And, God had to convince Joseph to marry her in spite of the circumstances.
She went to visit her cousin, Elizabeth, who was pregnant with John the Baptist at the time. Elizabeth's husband was a priest and could have condemned Mary on the spot. But that didn't stop her. And this was the result of her trip:

Luke 1:41 …where she entered the home of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb".
your sunday school "lady" lied. Little 14 year old girls who got pregnant DID NOT GET STONED ---
well, maybe in Salem MA, but not in Judea. In fact the ISSUE of such a pregnancy was not
even considered "ILLEGITAMATE" unless the 14 year old was MARRIED to someone other than
the sperm donor. Lots of such cases have been adjudicated in JEWISH LAW -----what with the
plethora of RAPISTS populating the "HOLEY ROMAN EMPIRE" ------and----the caliphates. Just what "shit" did little mary get? Elizabeth's "HUSBAND" "could have CONDEMNED HER on the
SPOT"? From what catholic school comic book did you get that? "HOLY INQUISITION GIGGLES" ?

Okay,.. that's a reasonable explanation as she would be afraid of getting stoned, but didn't she come from a spiritual family? If she told them that God had chosen her to give birth to His Son you would think that not only would they believe it, but realize the fact that a true miracle had occurred.

They were Jewish which means they had Laws to uphold.
Would your parents believe you if you came home from school one day and told them you were preggers but not to worry because it's Gods, how would that story be received?
Mary knew that she was going to live long enough to deliver, so I don't think she was afraid of dying as much as she was simply not believed. It was a sort of shaming and shunning that she experienced. Many called her child illegitimate. It wasn't easy for her, but she was willing to take it all on anyway.

I asked the girls in my youth group if they would say yes like Mary did, and they all raised their hands. Then I told them for every one of you that raised their hands, there is a firing squad in the parking lot. NOW how many would do what Mary did...
Everyone of them raised their hand again. That is faith. Mary was filled with it.

Would your parents believe you if you came home from school one day and told them you were preggers but not to worry because it's Gods, how would that story be received?
Mary knew that she was going to live long enough to deliver, so I don't think she was afraid of dying as much as she was simply not believed. It was a sort of shaming and shunning that she experienced. Many called her child illegitimate. It wasn't easy for her, but she was willing to take it all on anyway.

I asked the girls in my youth group if they would say yes like Mary did, and they all raised their hands. Then I told them for every one of you that raised their hands, there is a firing squad in the parking lot. NOW how many would do what Mary did...
Everyone of them raised their hand again. That is faith. Mary was filled with it.
you are filling the heads of children with GROSS MISINFORMATION. The little
reconstruction you invented ^^^^^^ is a gross distortion of biblical law.
Where was mary going to school? ST. ANNE'S? -----are you related to SAINT
MAGDA GOEBBELS? << saint of the cyanide------I think that the number of her own
little toddlers into which she shoved cyanide tablets was five (don't quote me----it could
have been four or six)

Pot head!!! do you realize to what you signaled THUMBS UP? seems to me that ram has
been trying to ape Madga Goebble's catechism "lady"

your sunday school "lady" lied. Little 14 year old girls who got pregnant DID NOT GET STONED ---
well, maybe in Salem MA, but not in Judea. In fact the ISSUE of such a pregnancy was not
even considered "ILLEGITAMATE" unless the 14 year old was MARRIED to someone other than
the sperm donor. Lots of such cases have been adjudicated in JEWISH LAW -----what with the
plethora of RAPISTS populating the "HOLEY ROMAN EMPIRE" ------and----the caliphates. Just what "shit" did little mary get? Elizabeth's "HUSBAND" "could have CONDEMNED HER on the
SPOT"? From what catholic school comic book did you get that? "HOLY INQUISITION GIGGLES" ?
Sorry giggles, Mary was betrothed to Joseph and was guilty of infidelity, in Judea. There was no Salem MA. or MA period when Mary was pregnant.
Pagans believed in children being born to their Gods, Jews did not. If the mother was allowed to live, she was not accepted by the Jews. Their children were mamzers. The shit she got was this:

But children of adulterers will not come to maturity, and the offspring of an unlawful
union will perish. Even if they live long they will be held of no account, and finally
their old age will be without honor. If they die young, they will have no hope and no
consolation in the day of decision. For the end of an unrighteous generation is grie-
vous (Wis. Sol. 3.16-19)

Elizabeth's husband Zechariah was a priest from Aaron's line. He could have made a beeline to the Temple to condemn Mary and her child. Let's not pretend that compassion trumped Jewish Law. The Jews picked up stones regularly.
Not catholic, didn't read comic books, and don't think it is necessary to malign people for their beliefs, but Jews who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

you are filling the heads of children with GROSS MISINFORMATION. The little
reconstruction you invented ^^^^^^ is a gross distortion of biblical law.
Where was mary going to school? ST. ANNE'S? -----are you related to SAINT
MAGDA GOEBBELS? << saint of the cyanide------I think that the number of her own
little toddlers into which she shoved cyanide tablets was five (don't quote me----it could
have been four or six)
You aren't making much sense with your blanket attacks on the Catholic faith. You are Jewish. We get it. You have no use for the New Testament, or Matthew, or Luke. Or that Jesus was your Messiah. We get it. And you seem to really hate Catholics though, lol. You reference them all the time.
Truth is:
OLD Testament=Christ concealed.
NEW Testament=Christ revealed.
You'll recognize Him the next time He shows up:
Zechariah 12:10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, a spirit of grace and mercy, so that when they look on me, on Him whom they have pierced; they shall mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over Him, as one weeps over a firstborn.”

Sorry giggles, Mary was betrothed to Joseph and was guilty of infidelity, in Judea. There was no Salem MA. or MA period when Mary was pregnant.
Pagans believed in children being born to their Gods, Jews did not. If the mother was allowed to live, she was not accepted by the Jews. Their children were mamzers. The shit she got was this:

But children of adulterers will not come to maturity, and the offspring of an unlawful
union will perish. Even if they live long they will be held of no account, and finally
their old age will be without honor. If they die young, they will have no hope and no
consolation in the day of decision. For the end of an unrighteous generation is grie-
vous (Wis. Sol. 3.16-19)

Elizabeth's husband Zechariah was a priest from Aaron's line. He could have made a beeline to the Temple to condemn Mary and her child. Let's not pretend that compassion trumped Jewish Law. The Jews picked up stones regularly.
Not catholic, didn't read comic books, and don't think it is necessary to malign people for their beliefs, but Jews who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...
you are BEYOND FILTH-----you have no idea how jewish law functioned either then or now.
However, fret not. Long ago I used to speak to DIVINITY students from Seton Hall who were
JUST AS STUPID as are you AND I grew up in a WASPVILLE town which also harbored
catholic schools------I know the shit. An interesting side light------a little pregnant jewish
girl------was not STONED -------christians? yes---well hanged. But not jewish girls----sorry to bust your bubble.
I did get a laugh out of UNCLE ZECHARIAH-----the executioner priest. Lots of little jewish girls turned up pregnant in BOTH ----christian and muslim lands over the past millennia. That's why
the CURRENT AND PAST law makes the children of jewish women ALL JEWS. You got a citation for those MILLIONS OF STONINGs that your sunday school teacher claimed?

for those confused by the "RAM" ----pregnancy in itself was never proof of adultery
in Jewish law. The blood thirsty uncle ZACHARIAH would have an uphill climb in the Sanhedrin

you are the one who brought ---a little girl coming home from school. Is that from
your catechism whore?
That was an analogy I used for Potterhead. She got it. You did not. You are to angry to continue this debate. You should take a break.
Again, not Catholic and never went to catechism, but I grew up with lots and lots of Catholics and love my friends dearly to this day. We all grew up as family in my little town and I wouldn't trade them for all the Torahs in the world. And they all love the Lord. I will be with them all for eternity. Thank you Jesus!

As for your opinion of them:
Matthew 7:1-3 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Funny thing, I have never heard one of my Catholic friends smear Jews, the way you sneer at Catholics...

Last edited:
for those confused by the "RAM" ----pregnancy in itself was never proof of adultery
in Jewish law. The blood thirsty uncle ZACHARIAH would have an uphill climb in the Sanhedrin
Sure is proof of infidelity. Ask Jewish Joseph. It took God to convince him...
And it's, RAM. No italics necessary.:)
And if Potterhead wanted to be called Pothead, she would have chosen that name. You are just being nasty, Rosie. Take a break from all the hate...

Last edited:
you are BEYOND FILTH-----you have no idea how jewish law functioned either then or now.
However, fret not. Long ago I used to speak to DIVINITY students from Seton Hall who were
JUST AS STUPID as are you AND I grew up in a WASPVILLE town which also harbored
catholic schools------I know the shit. An interesting side light------a little pregnant jewish
girl------was not STONED -------christians? yes---well hanged. But not jewish girls----sorry to bust your bubble.
I did get a laugh out of UNCLE ZECHARIAH-----the executioner priest. Lots of little jewish girls turned up pregnant in BOTH ----christian and muslim lands over the past millennia. That's why
the CURRENT AND PAST law makes the children of jewish women ALL JEWS. You got a citation for those MILLIONS OF STONINGs that your sunday school teacher claimed?

Uh....

Leviticus 20:10

New International Version

10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

That was an analogy I used for Potterhead. You are to angry to continue this debate. You should take a break.
Again, not Catholic never went to catechism, but I grew up with lots and lots of Catholics and love my friends dearly to this day. We all grew up as family in my little town and wouldn't trade them for all the Torahs in the world. And they all love the Lord. I will be with them all for eternity.
Thank you Jesus!

As for your opinion of them:
Matthew 7:1-3 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Funny thing, I have never heard one of my Catholic friends smear Jews, the way you sneer at Catholics...
you must be deaf. -----besides being utterly ignorant of both the writings of the OT and
the NT and the words farted forth by your YOUR people. Jesus---interestingly----was,
CLEARLY, a Pharisee jew------as was John the Baptist which is why your HOLY ROMANS killed
them. It's all in the books. Your kinsman was CAIAPHAS.

Sure is proof of infidelity. Ask Jewish Joseph. It took God to convince him...
And it's, RAM. No italics necessary.:)
ask Joseph? He thinks he talked to God? The people who know jewish law are JEWS----not the writers of the NT. Can you cite a sanhedrin case that resulted in the execution of a girl for
BEING PREGNANT? Can you cite a case mediated by a jewish court that resulted in the
execution of a girl for "being pregnant"? Let's ask LUKE----the guy who never met Jesus
and never read anything on Jewish law and IN FACT could not even read hebrew or aramaic

John the Baptist was beheaded because a girl danced and wanted his head as a reward.
Jesus was absolutely NOT one of the Pharisees. They had Jesus put to death for NOT being one of them. He railed against the Pharisees and used them as an example of how not to be.
The Pharisees had Jesus put to death.
Just stop Rosie...

Last edited:
ask Joseph? He thinks he talked to God? The people who know jewish law are JEWS----not the writers of the NT. Can you cite a sanhedrin case that resulted in the execution of a girl for
BEING PREGNANT? Can you cite a case mediated by a jewish court that resulted in the
execution of a girl for "being pregnant"? Let's ask LUKE----the guy who never met Jesus
and never read anything on Jewish law and IN FACT could not even read hebrew or aramaic
All the New Testament was written by Jews except for Luke...

Have you been drinking already?​

Forum List

Back