Why did US government create mess in Iraq and the middle east?

Off topic here but someone explain to me the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite.

Thanks in advance.

"The historic background of the Sunni–Shia split lies in the schism that occurred when the Islamic prophet Muhammad died in the year 632, leading to a dispute over succession to Muhammad as a caliph of the Islamic community spread across various parts of the world which led to the Battle of Siffin. The dispute intensified greatly after the Battle of Karbala, in which Hussein ibn Ali and his household were killed by the ruling Umayyad Caliph Yazid I, and the outcry for his revenge divided the early Islamic community. Today there are differences in religious practice, traditions and customs, often related to jurisprudence. Although all Muslim groups consider the Quran to be divine, Sunni and Shia have different opinions on hadith."

One of the Muslim women I know well explained it to me. The quote from Wiki puts it in a nutshell.

This site gives more detailed information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia–Sunni_relations

There is a lot of animosity between them, something like the Prostestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland, or othe Turks and the Greeks.

Shias are only about 10-to-15 percent of the entire Muslim world

Last edited:
I go to one of your links and it says, "Obama is running human trafficking". Really?
Which link? And how does another article you dont like disprove the content of the article I cited or all the other links I provided not only in that post but through out this forum.

Here are more articles driving my point home.
The US Is Arming Jihadists In Syria - Business Insider
CIA Weapons Going To Jihadists in Syria - Business Insider
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/w...rms-sent-to-syrian-rebels.html?pagewanted=all

You are a deliberately ignorant person that keeps their head in the sand. Now Obama's aggression and war crimes in Syria are coming back in the form of blowback with ISIS overrunning Iraq. Obama has blood on his hands, just like Bush and Co for their crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You are an incredibly low a intellectually dishonest person with no moral compass, who doesn't care about the suffering of people in Syria or Iraq, or you would be condemning Obama for his role in the madness.

Again, how do you live with yourself? I would be curious to know.

Halfway down your info wars link was this video:

How these ignorant right wingers compare Bush to Obama is a mystery.

Republicans tore down the Sunni government in Iraq which was a block to Iran and put in place a Shiite government which is why Iraq is suddenly friends with Iran. HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW THAT? Because they are ignorant fucks who think all Muslims are the same. They invaded Iraq and bullied the people without knowing anything about them. And by installing a Shiite government and disenfranchising the Sunni's, you cause them to join up with al Qaeda, which is also Sunni. Just to show how fucking stupid Republicans are, there is a video of Joe Leiberman telling John McCain that Iran was not helping al Qaeda and that they are enemies. McCain was so surprised. And this was years AFTER the Iraqi invasion. Even years after the Iraqi invasion, Republicans haven't learned anything. I don't believe they have the ability.

How does that video you dont like disprove the content of the article I cited or all the other links I provided not only in that post but through out this forum?

Agreed, Republicans brought us to this point as well.

Great Job pointing out we shouldn't trust the scum on your side or neo-con scum.

Again, how do you live with yourself supporting someone who supports preemptive aggression overseas and arming radical islamic terrorists?

When things like what happened in Syria and are now in Iraq, do you feel any guilt voting for this war criminal?

Do you have a heart or sense of responsibility for what you have done and how you have helped put the world in the state it is in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to one of your links and it says, "Obama is running human trafficking". Really?
Which link? And how does another article you dont like disprove the content of the article I cited or all the other links I provided not only in that post but through out this forum.

Here are more articles driving my point home.
The US Is Arming Jihadists In Syria - Business Insider
CIA Weapons Going To Jihadists in Syria - Business Insider
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/w...rms-sent-to-syrian-rebels.html?pagewanted=all

You are a deliberately ignorant person that keeps their head in the sand. Now Obama's aggression and war crimes in Syria are coming back in the form of blowback with ISIS overrunning Iraq. Obama has blood on his hands, just like Bush and Co for their crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You are an incredibly low a intellectually dishonest person with no moral compass, who doesn't care about the suffering of people in Syria or Iraq, or you would be condemning Obama for his role in the madness.

Again, how do you live with yourself? I would be curious to know.
Google or Youtube also Saudi sends death row inmates to Syria. and Obama invites Saudi king to the white house. rdeans hypocrite who promised to the voters that he would MEET with Syrian leader to win elections in 2008 CNN debate

Yea, no difference between rdean and a neo-con, they support the same disastrous foreign policy.

They have lies on their conscience and blood on their hands.

Simple question, maybe someone can explain. not interested about blaming bush, Hillary or Obama they are clearly a team of con artists that follow orders.

Well, as it appears you are anti-American and don't bother to research the basis of such things, here's a response:

They Made the Borders – In Secret

And now, according to the AP, they're blurring – as they should, in my opinion. This is an analysis that hits the mark. :eusa_clap:

AP Analysis: Mideast borders drawn a century ago by colonial powers blurred by new turmoil

Published June 14, 2014, Associated Press

CAIRO – Working in secret, European diplomats drew up the borders that have defined the Middle East's nations for nearly a century — but now civil war, sectarian bloodshed and leadership failures threaten to rip that map apart.

In the decades since independence, Arab governments have held these constructs together, in part by imposing an autocratic hand, despite the sometimes combustible mix of peoples within their borders. But recent history — particularly the three years of Arab Spring turmoil, has unleashed old allegiances and hatreds that run deep and cross borders. The animosity between Shiites and Sunnis, the rival branches of Islam, may be deepest of all.

The unrest is redefining Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Libya — nations born after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Already quasi-states are forming.

Read more @ AP Analysis: Mideast borders drawn a century ago by colonial powers blurred by new turmoil | Fox News

Forum List

Back