Why did Black Folk fight for the US in the Second World War ?

It seems like an act of faith in something that didn't exist.

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

Did black people see their daily lives improve as a result of their sacrifice ?

Wow, don't tell me you are seriously this stupid?

Are you not aware of history?

Slavery was over before the 20th century you dolt.

Conscription - Wikipedia

When the HMS drafts you, did the British say "no?" I doubt it, no matter how they felt about it.

Pretty much the same was true.

You start some pretty dumb threads sometimes.

They went, b/c it was either that or prison.

The ending of slavery was one step on the way. Blacks were still second class citizens in the US. Why fight for that ?

You are ignoring Conscription.

They are fighting for second class citizenship, they are making a rational decision between honor and a prison record.

Between having a future and guaranteed poverty.

Between a possibility of this;

Clinton_congratulates_Medal_of_Honor_recipient_Vernon_Baker.jpg

Vernon Baker - Wikipedia

. . and this. . .

Drunk_-_Free.jpg

. . . seriously. ..

Why do you ask such dumb questions?

:dunno:

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

Why did blacks and provincials fight for the Brits?

Conscription - Wikipedia

When the HMS drafts you, did the British say "no?" I doubt it, no matter how they felt about it.

The ending of slavery was one step on the way. Blacks were still second class citizens in the US. Why fight for that ?

By any objective analysis, blacks lived better under segregation than they do now. Under segregation they had two parent households, little illegitimacy, little crime, no drug use, near full employment, decent schools. They have almost none of these things today.

I am not suggesting a return to segregation, but the facts are the facts.

America isn’t racist democrats are racist

Conscription - Wikipedia

By any objective analysis, blacks lived better under segregation than they do now. Under segregation they had two parent households, little illegitimacy, little crime, no drug use, near full employment, decent schools. They have almost none of these things today.

Total racist propaganda

Blacks lived better because there were plenty of manufacturing jobs

There were no jobs in management. Those were reserved for white males

Not many did.

Kind of like queers fighting for Islamists?
Examples please.

Kind of like queers fighting for Islamists?
Examples please.

Tammy Tainant....

They fought so that your country wouldn't become part of Nazi Germany.
Although I don't know why they bothered, considering how many blacks and other indigenous people were murdered through hundreds of years of British colonialist genocide.

And THAT folks, is how you crucify a Far Left hypocrite like Tainted Tommy.....

Well done Mr. JGalt :113:

Now if Tainted Tommy had any sense at all, he'd quietly move on and realize how badly he'd been whipped. However, I doubt he can rise to that.

Conscription - Wikipedia

Total racist propaganda

Idiot. Liar. Dumb fuck.

Every point I made is true. Manufacturing jobs were plentiful. So what asshole? That doesn’t disprove anything fuck face.

Slavery ended in the 1860's and even if there were segregation in the South blacks were more free than in Nazi Germany or Stalin Russia!

Why do you even attempt that type of spin Tommy!?!
What they had was a long way short of freedom. What were they fighting for ?

Freedom and equality is more often a process rather than a single event. It has taken a lot of courageous leaders like MLK to advance the standing of black Americans. Unfortunately most of the current crop of (self-appointed) black leaders -Jessie Jackson, Farrakhan, Wright- do more harm than good. They have become wealthy declaring victim status for blacks, rather than encouraging young blacks to press on and overcome.

Conscription - Wikipedia

Total racist propaganda

You are both right, but it has more to do with the Federal Reserve, the Central bank, authoritarian control of society and taxation than a systemic apartheid separating ethnic caste systems.

They were drafted like any other American Citizen so had too, buttwipe!
They were hardly citizens though.
Fuck off, idiot. America freed the slaves. We didn't invent slavery, butthole, the AFRICANS did. And we finally put an end to it. Human nature is that it takes TIME though for attitudes to change, things EVOLVE. No one need apologize for that, so stick your high horse and America-bashing up your puckered ass.

Why did we defend England?

Conscription - Wikipedia

Total racist propaganda

Idiot. Liar. Dumb fuck.

Every point I made is true. Manufacturing jobs were plentiful. So what asshole? That doesn’t disprove anything fuck face.

Black families did better when there were plenty of manufacturing jobs

Once the jobs went away, the families broke down

They were drafted like any other American Citizen so had too, buttwipe!
They were hardly citizens though.
Fuck off, idiot. America freed the slaves. We didn't invent slavery, butthole, the AFRICANS did. And we finally put an end to it. Human nature is that it takes TIME though for attitudes to change, things EVOLVE. No one need apologize for that, so stick your high horse and America-bashing up your puckered ass.
Africans forced us to have slaves?

Conscription - Wikipedia

Total racist propaganda

Idiot. Liar. Dumb fuck.

Black families did better when there were plenty of manufacturing jobs

Once the jobs went away, the families broke down

Wrong again. RACIST!

The black family started imploding in the 1960s, fool. There were plenty of manufacturing jobs available into the 1970s. Now fool...compare the statistical data for the points I made for blacks in 1940 to those of say 1975. Do you see anything?

I educated you, but I fear you aren’t qualified to learn.

Forum List

Back