Why Conservatives can't Whitewater Obama

So far....Conservatives are right where I expect them to be

No introspection on how effective their tactics are.......Blame the Liberal Media

Lets see how the rest of our USMB conservatives respond

Please when you READ the FACTS that 85% of the MEDIA DONATE money to Democrats.
When you read the MSM on purpose continually push the Obama/Democrat agenda by during 2012 showing
71% more negative stories about Romney that doesn't mean anything to you?
When the content of the MSM which influences more "low information voters" which almost ALL voted for Obama..
duh... isn't there a connection???

It could mean that Romney's core beliefs conflicted with the electorate.

Romney was touting his CEO experience as a positive but chose to run away from it when confronted with his behavior.

What he could have done was say something like:

"Yes, during my time as CEO, I played an integral role in cost saving, which included reduction in domestic headcount and offshoring. And because of that I know exactly how to deal with both issues. We can implement both incentives and regulations that encourage domestic hiring."

But nope. Why? Because he believes in those practices and wanted them to continue.

And?

The public doesn't.

"Cons" did not defend Bush. Quit drinking the liberal kool aid piss.

To be fair, many supported the Patriot Act. Without it, what is being done now could not have been done.

That is why giving the government any power over us is so dire. Give them an inch, and they will take away everything you have.

I also supported the Patriot Act. And at the time it was reasonable. Different people could have different opinions about it. The original act had a sunset provision, which frankly all legislation should have. I did not support the reauthorizaton and now support repeal of the act for all the reasons we all know.

But Bush received tremendous criticism for his failure to veto GOP budgets in earlier years. He was criticised for his drug benefit giveaway. For No Child Left Behind. Especially for his extending TARP to the auto companies after Congress voted the idea down. All of that from conservatives. I haven't seen libs criticize Obama to anything like the same degree.

Of course you did.

And it was never "reasonable". Ever.

To be fair, many supported the Patriot Act. Without it, what is being done now could not have been done.

That is why giving the government any power over us is so dire. Give them an inch, and they will take away everything you have.

I also supported the Patriot Act. And at the time it was reasonable. Different people could have different opinions about it. The original act had a sunset provision, which frankly all legislation should have. I did not support the reauthorizaton and now support repeal of the act for all the reasons we all know.

But Bush received tremendous criticism for his failure to veto GOP budgets in earlier years. He was criticised for his drug benefit giveaway. For No Child Left Behind. Especially for his extending TARP to the auto companies after Congress voted the idea down. All of that from conservatives. I haven't seen libs criticize Obama to anything like the same degree.

Of course you did.

And it was never "reasonable". Ever.

But it's reasonable now, since your team has the ball. You just want to look into the past to justify your support for it now. Interesting!

So far....Conservatives are right where I expect them to be

No introspection on how effective their tactics are.......Blame the Liberal Media

Lets see how the rest of our USMB conservatives respond

Please when you READ the FACTS that 85% of the MEDIA DONATE money to Democrats.
When you read the MSM on purpose continually push the Obama/Democrat agenda by during 2012 showing
71% more negative stories about Romney that doesn't mean anything to you?
When the content of the MSM which influences more "low information voters" which almost ALL voted for Obama..
duh... isn't there a connection???

It could mean that Romney's core beliefs conflicted with the electorate.

Romney was touting his CEO experience as a positive but chose to run away from it when confronted with his behavior.

What he could have done was say something like:

"Yes, during my time as CEO, I played an integral role in cost saving, which included reduction in domestic headcount and offshoring. And because of that I know exactly how to deal with both issues. We can implement both incentives and regulations that encourage domestic hiring."

But nope. Why? Because he believes in those practices and wanted them to continue.

And?

The public doesn't.

A Media Research Center analysis of all 21 ABC, CBS and NBC evening news stories about Romney’s trip found that virtually all of them (18, or 86%) emphasized “diplomatic blunders,” “gaffes” or “missteps.”
"47% of Americans " story..
Over three days, the broadcast network morning and evening shows churned out 42 stories on the tape, nearly 90 minutes of coverage. The tone was hyperbolic; ABC’s "Good Morning America" called it a “bombshell rocking the Mitt Romney campaign,” while ABC "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer declared it a “political earthquake.”
Five ways the mainstream media tipped the scales in favor of Obama | Fox News

Obviously you and the "public" were unaware that:
1) Obama gave ONLY 14% of his taxable income.
2) Romney actually donated MORE money then he reported for tax purpose so he paid higher taxes!
Romney and his wife, Ann, gave 29.4 percent of their income to charity in 2011, donating $4,020,772 out of the $13,696,951 they took in.
Romney didn’t deduct all of his charitable donations for last year.
He left $1.8 million in donations off his return in order to live up to a statement he made about always having paid at least a 13 percent tax rate on his income.
With his charity write-offs partially held back, Romney overshot that mark a bit for 2011, paying at a 14.1 percent rate.
Mitt Romney gives more to charity than President Obama, Joe Biden - POLITICO.com

NOTE Even this story was biased! Why did the writer have to make the shot about "live up to a statement...paid.. 13%"
What purpose other then a DIG! A biased slant!

More importantly how many including YOU knew that Romney :
When Mitt Romney took over the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City, he refused a salary for the job. He didn't take a salary as governor of Massachusetts, either.
Romney on charity, church, and taking a salary - CBS News

The point is verified that MOST voters didn't know the above facts when you do a search on Google News for ""Romney took no salaries"
About 4,800 results
But what about Obama???
63,000 results for "Obama returns part of salary"

Why other then protecting their donations to Obama/Democrats didn't it become an important positive story about Romney working for Free as Governor/running Olympics?
How many Voters knew that... but boy Obama donates 5% of his salary ??? He's a savior!

VP Joe Biden: Al Gore ?was elected president?

I think the above story points out two key facts. Dems, and even I, think Gore fairly won Fla. The old Jews in Miami thought they voted Gore rather than Buchanan. bush v. gore is bullshit. I didn't like Gore and voted for W, but in retrospect I think Gore couldn't have been as bad. I'm pissed at JR, but the dems are still hopping mad. It was one thing to watch the gop basically embarass itself impeaching Slick over a bj, but stealing an election. That turned Nixon into an even darker person. It's had a similar effect on dems. There's intrasigence on both sides.

And not only intransigence, the gop is batshit crazy. Thier intellectuals are Ayn Paul and Ted "fu" Cruz and Dr. Beck. The adults are terrified of these nutjobs. The only adult is Chris Christie, and he's told them to kiss his ass because he can be governor/senator from NJ for life, if not potus.

So, most people who aren't tied to either side, tune out the screech monkeys and figure its all bs, which by and large is what it is .... with the IRS thing being potentially a problem, though I just don't see Axelrod or Polluife actually directing something impeachable. They may have wanted the IRS to look carefully at Citizens United groups, but I doubt there's any smoking gun on targeting gopers.

Obamas refusal to address or give answers about the scandals hitting his administration are doing far more to damage him than anything the republicans could have done.

What refusals?

Benghazi saying were investigating nine months after the attack and can't comment I.R.S. oh it was few employees in a field then everyone back inthe bunker Holder claiming he had no knowledge of what was going on with James Rosen despite the fact he signed off on it now he has gone underground I would call those refusals as I suspect the left here would if this was a republican administration.

Oh whatever... just more from the MSM in an attempt to paint this as much ado about nothing. But, unfortunately facts are stubborn things.. we have an administration that is, among other things:

Targeting people abroad for assassination
Spying on it's own citizens at home
Using the IRS to target opposition during elections
Leaving US citizens to die in the dirt during an election because aiding them doesn't fit the narrative

Yeah, much ado about nothing.. right?

You Obama boot lickers amuse the hell out of me.

Repubs would rather cast aspersions & let the economy tank than work w/ the Democratic President. When they lose elections they go into hyper tantrum mode.

It is an interesting shift that whatever the administration does is perceived on the left as being either favorable politically or unfavorable politically. The reality of governing has nothing to do with it.
So the Obama Administration has shown itself to be the most corrupt and inept in history. But pointing that out is merely political. The reality of it doesn't matter. Libs will excuse any behavior by Obama simply to deny the conservatives a "victory."

Yep. And it was exactly the same when the Cons were defending Bush. It's a sad state of affairs when the truth, and independent thought, are swept aside by the power-mongers leading both parties.

"Cons" did not defend Bush. Quit drinking the liberal kool aid piss.

That statement is quite a pant load. How can anyone take someone who makes false statements like this seriously?

If you think that Clinton was impeached over a bj, that might be your whole problem right there. Did he lose his law license over a bj too?

The real reason is you dont care how corrupt the President is as long as he has a D next to his name.

Oh whatever... just more from the MSM in an attempt to paint this as much ado about nothing. But, unfortunately facts are stubborn things.. we have an administration that is, among other things:

Leaving US citizens to die in the dirt during an election because aiding them doesn't fit the narrative

I thought he was sending aid to Christie during the election? Ironically, I didn't vote for Obama and really do thing JR got a bad rap on Katrina ... but he'd already lost me when he started the bs war.

If you think that Clinton was impeached over a bj, that might be your whole problem right there. Did he lose his law license over a bj too?

he lost his license because he lied about a bj. Impeachment was the gops first step to becoming irrelvant except in being able to derail legislation. Iraq, the recession, and the teaparty were mere steps along the batshit crazy line. Impeachment was great theatre when even Trent Lott said we're actuqally gonna have to vote on this. LOL

I thought he was sending aid to Christie during the election? Ironically, I didn't vote for Obama and really do thing JR got a bad rap on Katrina ... but he'd already lost me when he started the bs war.

I was speaking about Benghazi...

Unfortunately there are still people in FEMA tents on Staten Island. And no, I don't blame Obama for that. But if it were a (R), it'd be all over the news.. still.

he lost his license because he lied about a bj. Impeachment was the gops first step to becoming irrelvant except in being able to derail legislation. Iraq, the recession, and the teaparty were mere steps along the batshit crazy line. Impeachment was great theatre when even Trent Lott said we're actuqally gonna have to vote on this. LOL

He lied under oath in order to affect the civil case against him. That's perjury and that's why he was impeached and lost his law license.

He lost his license for perjury and obstruction of justice.

PERIOD.

Do I get to pick what I will answer truthfully while under oath? Do you?

Why conservatives can't whitewater Obama - The Week

Twenty years ago, conservative media mavens seemed able to turn any minor flap into scandal gold, be it a decade-old land deal that lost money or a mundane replacement of White House travel office staff. They even pressured Bill Clinton, early in his first term, to accept an investigation led by an independent special prosecutor, which years later led to his own impeachment. Liberals, in disturbed awe of the Right's ability to control the media narrative, dubbed the conservative media the "Republican Noise Machine."

Yet today, no matter how loud conservatives scream "Benghazi," "Solyndra," "Fast and Furious" and even "Intim-O-Gate" (Glenn Beck's failed attempt to brand the IRS and leak investigation controversies), President Obama glides past. His poll numbers remain relatively stable.

1. Liberals finally learned how to fight back
When the 1988 George H. W. Bush presidential campaign derided Gov. Michael Dukakis with smear after smear, the Democrat fatally believed he could simply ignore it because "nobody's going to believe it." In the 1990s, Bill Clinton naively believed naming a special prosecutor would put to rest any doubts about his real estate dealings. In 2004, Sen. John Kerry thought he could wait a few weeks before responding to the "Swift Boat" attacks on his war record and avoid inadvertently spreading false smears.

But in 2008, the Obama campaign aggressively fought off smears

2. Conservatives have cried wolf too many times
Conservative firebrand Michelle Malkin futilely tried to tag Obama as fostering a "culture of corruption" in a book published merely six months into his presidency. Breathless charges of cronyism in the Solyndra matter proved to be baseless. You will not be surprised to learn that "Fast and Furious" was not a deliberate plot by Obama to ship guns to Mexican drug cartels, maximize cross-border gun violence, and con the public into accepting draconian gun control. These are a mere few examples of smears gone bust in the Obama era.

3. When something does go wrong, Obama is quick to take care of business
Martha Johnson, resigned. Robert Peck, fired. David Chaney, resigned. Greg Stokes, indefinitely suspended without pay. Louis Caldera, resigned.

Don't know who those people are? That's because President Obama got rid of them fast enough to prevent their minor scandals from being exploited by Republicans and becoming extended media soap operas.

4. Our First Black President cannot be allowed to fail.

Why conservatives can't whitewater Obama - The Week

Twenty years ago, conservative media mavens seemed able to turn any minor flap into scandal gold, be it a decade-old land deal that lost money or a mundane replacement of White House travel office staff. They even pressured Bill Clinton, early in his first term, to accept an investigation led by an independent special prosecutor, which years later led to his own impeachment. Liberals, in disturbed awe of the Right's ability to control the media narrative, dubbed the conservative media the "Republican Noise Machine."

Yet today, no matter how loud conservatives scream "Benghazi," "Solyndra," "Fast and Furious" and even "Intim-O-Gate" (Glenn Beck's failed attempt to brand the IRS and leak investigation controversies), President Obama glides past. His poll numbers remain relatively stable.

1. Liberals finally learned how to fight back
When the 1988 George H. W. Bush presidential campaign derided Gov. Michael Dukakis with smear after smear, the Democrat fatally believed he could simply ignore it because "nobody's going to believe it." In the 1990s, Bill Clinton naively believed naming a special prosecutor would put to rest any doubts about his real estate dealings. In 2004, Sen. John Kerry thought he could wait a few weeks before responding to the "Swift Boat" attacks on his war record and avoid inadvertently spreading false smears.

But in 2008, the Obama campaign aggressively fought off smears

2. Conservatives have cried wolf too many times
Conservative firebrand Michelle Malkin futilely tried to tag Obama as fostering a "culture of corruption" in a book published merely six months into his presidency. Breathless charges of cronyism in the Solyndra matter proved to be baseless. You will not be surprised to learn that "Fast and Furious" was not a deliberate plot by Obama to ship guns to Mexican drug cartels, maximize cross-border gun violence, and con the public into accepting draconian gun control. These are a mere few examples of smears gone bust in the Obama era.

3. When something does go wrong, Obama is quick to take care of business
Martha Johnson, resigned. Robert Peck, fired. David Chaney, resigned. Greg Stokes, indefinitely suspended without pay. Louis Caldera, resigned.

Don't know who those people are? That's because President Obama got rid of them fast enough to prevent their minor scandals from being exploited by Republicans and becoming extended media soap operas.

Oh, so the media folks forced Clinton to commit the perjury which led to his impeachment. And here all along I thought he was just lying to protect the little woman or something.

Omg...when something does go wrong Obama is QUICK to give lip service like he is, OUTRAGED and then watch from his next fundraiser as the little guys under him gets thrown the bus..

the week..to all the WEAK Obama sheep

RA RA RA Obama OBAMA he the man..... and he is OUR SUPERMAN

gawd what a barfer of a article and watching you people put the Dear leader on some Pedestal

Jim Jones cult written all over it..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back