Why can't staff members be put on ignore?

It's one thing if you are posting in the Flamer Zone, then that is to be expected, but when you start an innocent thread in "general discussion" and you get a stalker troll there, then there is a problem. While I like this place and it is interesting, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to have a reasonable discussion here because of the "anything goes" policies.
Use the "@" feature and my username when this happens. I'll be happy to join forces with you against them. :)

That is not true at all either. There have been people who have committed suicide because of "words on a screen" or words in real life. I'm not for censorship of course, but I am for not allowing posters to harass other posters. That is just not right, and the people who are being harassed (like I have been), should not have to be punished and leave when they have done nothing wrong or nothing to deserve such shabby treatment.
Yes, kids have committed suicide, but not just from "words on a screen". It was part of a pattern of harassment from their social circles. Also, anyone who commits suicide due to such harassment (or murder for that matter) has more problems than being harassed. HS kids aside, how many times have you been physically harmed by another poster simply by their words? Again, trolls can't win unless they provoke a reaction from you. If you don't react, they lose.

It doesn't matter. You are victim blaming. The victim of bullying online or in real life shouldn't be the one who has to leave to avoid the bullying. Unfortunately, some people can NOT behave without rules.

It's one thing if you are posting in the Flamer Zone, then that is to be expected, but when you start an innocent thread in "general discussion" and you get a stalker troll there, then there is a problem. While I like this place and it is interesting, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to have a reasonable discussion here because of the "anything goes" policies.
Use the "@" feature and my username when this happens. I'll be happy to join forces with you against them. :)

Well, thankfully, I am tough and don't need help. :D I've been through a lot, but other people may not be as tough as me, and even though I am tough, I too get tired of trolls and their antics for attention. The behavior needs to be curbed before it escalates.

you can ignore posts from anyone you want without the ignore list

It's pretty hard to do sometimes, if we are to be honest, especially if the person follows you around the board, posts in your thread, addresses your posts, says nasty things about you, tries to sway other people's opinions of you (or ruin your reputation with others), etc. There are sickos out there, you know!

There are also posters who deserve nothing more than the ignore function because they contribute little or nothing to making the forum a good place to post.

Yeah, but they might add a little color :D :eusa_dance:

No they don't. Maybe the color black or gray. :)

On Topic: All you have to do to ignore a moderator is hold down ALT and press F4

;)

Are you being serious? How would that work? :lol:

Try eet! :D

It's pretty hard to do sometimes, if we are to be honest, especially if the person follows you around the board, posts in your thread, addresses your posts, says nasty things about you, tries to sway other people's opinions of you (or ruin your reputation with others), etc. There are sickos out there, you know!

There are also posters who deserve nothing more than the ignore function because they contribute little or nothing to making the forum a good place to post.

On Topic: All you have to do to ignore a moderator is hold down ALT and press F4

;)

I don't have any mod that I would like to put on ignore though! :)

I say it's better than walking on eggshells like some other places, getting your posts struck out of nowhere and all that.

You know, if you cater to the trolls and just let them do whatever, then you will lose some of the GOOD people on the forum who want to contribute and make it a good place to post. :dunno:

;)

Good! Then don't try eet! :D

Why would anyone want to ignore us? We're like demigods.

images

I say it's better than walking on eggshells like some other places, getting your posts struck out of nowhere and all that.

I agree, but don't you think there is a happy medium?

Well, I haven't been banned from PF yet! ;) Lol, J/K.

Well, I haven't been banned from PF yet! ;) Lol, J/K.
*snip. Probably not the best thing to post here. n/m.

It doesn't matter. You are victim blaming. The victim of bullying online or in real life shouldn't be the one who has to leave to avoid the bullying. Unfortunately, some people can NOT behave without rules.
Apparently it does matter to you and, no, I'm not victim blaming. Bullies, trolls and other assholes deserve what they get, but someone who takes their own life is not the same as someone who is kidnapped and gang-raped walking out of the grocery store.

In 1986 I was living in base housing at NAS Jacksonville. It was summer and I paid a 12-13 year old kid to mow my lawn. He messed it up and I called him back to fix it. I was more of an asshole then and, being childless, more used to dealing with men than boys so maybe I was harsher on him then the situation required. He fixed the problem, I thanked him and he went home. That night he blew his head off with his father's .45. Was that my fault? I wonder, but also think that there were more things going on in that poor kid's brain than mowing my lawn. The SP's never came to visit me about it even though it was the talk of the neighborhood.

The bottomline here is that words don't do physical harm and adults should know better. Kids are a different matter. While verbal abuse is a real thing, there's a difference between being abused in person or by people you know and being trolled on an anonymous political forum. In case you haven't noticed, people lie here all the time. Typically the extremists.

You know, if you cater to the trolls and just let them do whatever, then you will lose some of the GOOD people on the forum who want to contribute and make it a good place to post. :dunno:
It's the job of ADMIN and the mods to do this since, as you correctly point out, such people drive others away.

I've been on such forums and left them. Months later I've received robo-emails asking me back. Fuck them. There are plenty of forums nowadays. It's simply a matter of looking for another when the mood suits us.

;)

Chris I have everyone on ignore, including myself, the only person here who isn't on ignore is um Guno :omg:

;)

Chris I have everyone on ignore, including myself, the only person here who isn't on ignore is um Guno :omg:

:eek:

;)

:lmao:

Forum List

Back