Why are there not democrats on Mount Rushmore?

No, the democrat Republicans were not democrats. Again, Andrew Jackson was the first democrat.

Do you need pictures?
The Democratic party traces its origins back to Thomas Jefferson. We were a one-party nation until that party split after the War of 1812 into the Democrats and the Whigs, who only lasted a few cycles. Jackson certainly reformed the Democratic Party, but there was a clear ideological link between his Democrats and Jefferson's Democratic-Republicans. It is therefore accurate to say Jefferson was an early Democrat.

That said, they bear absolutely no ideological resemblance to today's Democrats. Those who point out that all four on that rock are what we would today consider progressives, are also correct. None of them would have had anything to do with the GOP since about Eisenhower's time.

Of course they knew defunding means reforming and spending money on social training. Your crazy friends include 70% of the GOP who believed the election was stolen.
No no it meant fewer police officers on the streets. There is no “of course”. Words matter. Nice try though. Give me another laughing emoji and move on. I am an Independent.

No no it meant fewer police officers on the streets. There is no “of course”. Words matter. Nice try though. Give me another laughing emoji and move on. I am an Independent.
Yes it means better officers and a lot of police officers quit there as well as everywhere else. It's not part of any of course you are totally missin
Neither do I but you still call me racist so I ll just do the same to you.
When did I do that? I generalize about the Republican base. And in general I believe everyone is racist it just depends on how much you fight it. There's so much stereotypical fear mongering all the time... And like with Brexit and foreign workers, the less people know about them, the more liable they are to be bigoted against them

Last edited:
The Democratic party traces its origins back to Thomas Jefferson. We were a one-party nation until that party split after the War of 1812 into the Democrats and the Whigs, who only lasted a few cycles. Jackson certainly reformed the Democratic Party, but there was a clear ideological link between his Democrats and Jefferson's Democratic-Republicans. It is therefore accurate to say Jefferson was an early Democrat.

That said, they bear absolutely no ideological resemblance to today's Democrats. Those who point out that all four on that rock are what we would today consider progressives, are also correct. None of them would have had anything to do with the GOP since about Eisenhower's time.
Again, Jackson SPLINTERED off from the part of Jefferson, meaning he was a different party

In case you did not know, the Democrat Republicans of Jefferson opposed the Federalists who were all about Federal power. Jefferson fought against such federalized central power and so he fought censoring people who spoke out against the government, as he opposed the Alien and Sedition Acts that censored such people. In fact, what was left of the Alien and Sedition Acts Jefferson could not do away with FDR used to lock up Japanese Americans who were locked up only because of their race. Disgraceful, and one of the most racist and oppressive policies the US has ever embraced, yet you worship FDR and to this very day democrats praise him as being one of the best Presidents of all time. As a result, Jefferson has zero in common with the current democrat party of today who is all about Federal power and all about censoring those who speak out against Joe Biden and the DNC and full of FDR worship.

Instead, you were created from Andrew Jackson who oppressed and murdered hundreds of thousands of Indians, and he embraced slavery. Such racism belongs with the party of today who only talks about race and thinks saying all lives matter is the most racist talk of all.

Never been to Mt Rushmore and will never go there. Politicians faces in rock. What a snoozer. I don't care what affiliation they are.

If only the GOP was still the party of Lincoln.
It hasn’t been the Party of Lincoln since Nixon…

Why only Republicans?

Hilarious!
All four men wouldn’t be in Politics today and most likely would be Libertarians in my opinion because neither major political party is worth a damn!

So Sorbo should ask what has gone wrong with our two major political parties…

With that written I believe Jefferson was considered the person the Democratic Party trace themselves to even though Andrew Jackson might have been the first Democratic President elected and Lincoln was the first Republican President.

Roosevelt was a Progressive like Lincoln and Washington was a General, so none of them can be labeled truly Republican or Democrat in today time…

No, the democrat Republicans were not democrats. Again, Andrew Jackson was the first democrat.

Do you need pictures?
Then I suppose the first Republicans were whigs?

They were just like Jefferson was a Democrat.

Thomas Jefferson's sympathies were in favor of the Common Man... in that, he was a Democrat, in the stereotypical post-WWI definition of the label.

Abraham Lincoln's sympathies were in favor of the Common Man... in that, he, too, was a Democrat, in the vein of that same definition...

Nowadays, REAL Republicans are appalled at what their beloved Party has become... a home for gullible myopic fools drunk on the Orange Kool-Aid...

If those four could reappear amongst the living for a while, each, in turn, would spit on both your Orange Baboon-God and his servile beer-belching trailer-trash Moonies...

I freely and happily admit that the stereotypical post-WWI image of Democrats as the Party of the Common Man is receding as their latter-day Elitism rears its ugly head...

But that has no bearing whatsoever upon whether or not those four men depicted on Mount Rushmore would stand with or approve of your so-called modern-day GOP...

Nor the Orange Turd leading you by the nose down the wrong road.
It really makes no sense to place two disgusting tyrant warmongers with Washington and Jefferson, both of whom advised against war and imperialism.

Forum List

Back