Why are the unemployment numbers being cooked and not much said about it?

SACRAMENTO – California Employment Development Department Director Pam Harris today issued the following statement in response to an un-sourced and unsubstantiated media report from Business Insider that erroneously asserts the state failed to fully and properly report unemployment insurance weekly claims data – also known as the jobless claims report – to the U.S. Department of Labor.

“Reports that California failed to fully report data to the U.S. Department of Labor, as required, are incorrect and irresponsible. The California Employment Development Department, which administers the Unemployment Insurance (UI) program in the state, has reported all UI claims data and submitted the data on time.

The original article also erroneously claims that there is a backlog of UI claims in California. California continues to file UI claims on a timely basis. Data on UI claim activity is required to be reported to the Labor Department every week and California has fully complied with the weekly reporting deadlines.

It’s unfortunate this ‘reporter’ and others who repeated the article’s erroneous statements chose to speculate rather than report, failing to confirm this information with EDD. We demand an immediate retraction and encourage writers to verify these ‘stories’ before publishing them.”
No one said it was California.

Last edited:
My favorite part was when that guy said "holy cow!" This is da realz newz yo! Is it possible for reporters to report news without insane amounts of bias, does every "news" organization truly believe people can't think for themselves?

As to the OP, people don't care because only hacks and troll believe the UE numbers anymore. Even the average citizen is like "lol" when they see numbers comming out.

That would be most of obama's supporters.

Sorry but the only people stupider than Obama supporters are Mitt supporters... Obama supporters don’t know any better, Mitt supporters know Romney is the same as Obama but support him anyways because well, their fucking stupid.

I liked the part in the Presidential debate where Mitt made himself out to be a giant fucking liberal that won’t end Obamacare…

I stopped being "liberal" when I got past the age of 12 but I left the Republican party because it was honestly embarrassing.

Ron Paul would be what too you?

36.5% of Americans not in the work force
blsconcept1.jpg

looks like the GOP wind bags will do a congressional hearing into these numbers.

Dont you GOP fans think its a bit strange all the polls as are against you in your wild conspiracy theories?

well, go on, waste more tax payer money on congressional hearings I guess, as if you have nothing better to be worried about.

at any rate, what proof if any do you all have that these books are being cooked? just asking.

It's the numbers Nole
Jobs listed as 114,000 in Sept.
In order to get from 8.1% to 7.8% you need 759,000 more jobs.
Except the jobs numbers aren't used to calculate the UE rate....Total Employment is. And total employment went up 873,000

So if you don't even know how the rate is calculated, then how could you claim anything about manipulation?

looks like the GOP wind bags will do a congressional hearing into these numbers.

Dont you GOP fans think its a bit strange all the polls as are against you in your wild conspiracy theories?

well, go on, waste more tax payer money on congressional hearings I guess, as if you have nothing better to be worried about.

at any rate, what proof if any do you all have that these books are being cooked? just asking.

It's the numbers Nole
Except the jobs numbers aren't used to calculate the UE rate....Total Employment is. And total employment went up 873,000

So if you don't even know how the rate is calculated, then how could you claim anything about manipulation?

Here we go again, more obama fluffing, doesn't it get tiring? I know if I defended a failure it would be to me.

That would be most of obama's supporters.

Sorry but the only people stupider than Obama supporters are Mitt supporters... Obama supporters don’t know any better, Mitt supporters know Romney is the same as Obama but support him anyways because well, their fucking stupid.

I liked the part in the Presidential debate where Mitt made himself out to be a giant fucking liberal that won’t end Obamacare…

I stopped being "liberal" when I got past the age of 12 but I left the Republican party because it was honestly embarrassing.

Ron Paul would be what too you?

Ron Paul is fucking awesome... Fact of the matter is Republicans wanted a massive welfare state, more wars, higher deficits and Obamacare, so they voted for Romney. At this point Romney supports all of what I just said, even Obamacare, just his version of Obamacare.

36.5% of Americans not in the work force
blsconcept1.jpg

Well, 36.4% of all people in US, age 16 and older who are not active duty military, in prison or another institution. Homeless are by default excluded because they can't be measured.

Nationality is not asked so foreigners are included.

But I'm not sure of your point. You do realize that until 1979 it was never that low?
So what in particular do you think the problem is?

It's the numbers Nole

Here we go again, more obama fluffing, doesn't it get tiring? I know if I defended a failure it would be to me.

How is that Obama fluffing? Is there anything in my post that is not completely accurate and factual? I stated no opinion or spin, pure fact, and you call it fluffing? How does that work?

How is that Obama fluffing? Is there anything in my post that is not completely accurate and factual? I stated no opinion or spin, pure fact, and you call it fluffing? How does that work?

Because your defense of obama is unacceptable.

It's the numbers Nole

Do you think that's an accurate or even likely representation of what happened in September?

if Issa goes on the offensive like he did with fast and furious on this topic, do you all think they will find wide spread corruption?

of all the presidents and this is including Nixon and Bush, obama's administration is the most corrupted we have ever had Times 10

Nixon's scandal looks like a walk in the park compared to the numerous scandals, in which people have been killed, under the O administation.

if Issa goes on the offensive like he did with fast and furious on this topic, do you all think they will find wide spread corruption?

of all the presidents and this is including Nixon and Bush, obama's administration is the most corrupted we have ever had Times 10

Nixon's scandal looks like a walk in the park compared to the numerous scandals, in which people have been killed, under the O administation.

Exactly correct

the numbers haven't been cooked... ever.

no president has EVER been able to get to the BLS... never....

you all loooooooooved the numbers when they were 8 and above.

loons.

but i guess in rightwingnuthackworld this isn't even a conspiracy theory thread. :cuckoo:

the numbers haven't been cooked... ever.

no president has EVER been able to get to the BLS... never....

you all loooooooooved the numbers when they were 8 and above.

loons.

but i guess in rightwingnuthackworld this isn't even a conspiracy theory thread. :cuckoo:
If a state does not report their data what do you call it?
And I never said obama was, I said someone is cooking them for obama.
Have a great day.

There was mentioned once in one thread about a large state not submitting their unemployment stats in September, Why isn't there more talk about cooking the unemployment number this close to the election?

About That Unusually Large Drop in Jobless Claims - MarketBeat - WSJ

Propaganda? -- US Weekly Jobless Claim 339,000 Down 30,000 From Last Week - 1 Large State Missing! - YouTube

When you buy into Fox News talking points, you look so-oooo farking stupid.

Because your defense of obama is unacceptable.

where did i defend Obama?
I've never seen where you haven't called him or something his administration has done.

Yes, you have, you just ignore it. And defending BLS methodology is not defending Obama or his administration. And in this case I wasn't defending anything, just explaining.

But again, you show you're not interested in facts, just attacking Obama.

where did i defend Obama?
I've never seen where you haven't called him or something his administration has done.

Yes, you have, you just ignore it. And defending BLS methodology is not defending Obama or his administration. And in this case I wasn't defending anything, just explaining.

But again, you show you're not interested in facts, just attacking Obama.

OK rating obama from 1 to 10 1 Rate his policy economic and foreign

There was mentioned once in one thread about a large state not submitting their unemployment stats in September, Why isn't there more talk about cooking the unemployment number this close to the election?

About That Unusually Large Drop in Jobless Claims - MarketBeat - WSJ

Propaganda? -- US Weekly Jobless Claim 339,000 Down 30,000 From Last Week - 1 Large State Missing! - YouTube

When you buy into Fox News talking points, you look so-oooo farking stupid.

Months ago I said unemployment would be below 8% just before election time. Guess what I was right. Now explain how the drop happen when the new jobs gain does not support the drop?

Forum List

Back