Why are so many WRs whack jobs?

I mean, what the hell, people?

That's a good question. I retained my sanity while playing ball back in the day, but I always played the skill positions of center and right guard. The fellows on the line have no problem keeping it together.

WR’s are the divas of the NFL. They rarely get their hands dirty, they seek glorification and too often sulk if they don’t get the ball thrown to them. I think it’s just a culture that developed, and one that fame-craving millionaires enjoy perpetuating.

Meanwhile, you can fill any culture with massive narcissism (see modern women on onlyfans, or just anyone who relies on social media validation ) and you’ll get very odd, wacky people

WR’s are the divas of the NFL. They rarely get their hands dirty, they seek glorification and too often sulk if they don’t get the ball thrown to them. I think it’s just a culture that developed, and one that fame-craving millionaires enjoy perpetuating.

Meanwhile, you can fill any culture with massive narcissism (see modern women on onlyfans, or just anyone who relies on social media validation ) and you’ll get very odd, wacky people
How about the wacky kickers like Pat McAfee and of course the Chiefs virgin kicker?

I’d say McAfee is a Complete outlier.. and Butker is just a normal Catholic who exalts motherhood and strong men. That’s pretty vanilla, nothing wacky about it
I bet us liberals won't boycott the NFL like you did over one guy taking a knee.

GLAAD also issued a statement calling Butker’s speech “a clear miss” and “woefully out of step with Americans about Pride, LGBTQ people and women.”

However, plenty of women (and Taylor Swift fans) have made their feelings plainly known, including the sisters of Mount St. Scholastica monastery, a founding institution and sponsor of Benedictine College.

“The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica do not believe that Harrison Butker’s comments in his 2024 Benedictine College commencement address represent the Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts college that our founders envisioned and in which we have been so invested,” they said in a statement. “Instead of promoting unity in our church, our nation, and the world, his comments seem to have fostered division.”

Such pushback could keep Butker’s social media feeds clogged with criticism for the foreseeable future. It also could be an optical problem for the NFL and the Chiefs, who have both enjoyed increased support from female fans in the past year.

“How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.”

Do you think the majority of women at the event agree with him?

Judging from the hundreds upon hundreds of critical comments on Butker’s Instagram posts and about him on X and TikTok, his remarks did not sit well with many people.

Some 130,000 people have signed a petition to get this kicker fired from his job.

Sounds like most pro football players to me!

I invoke this all the time about Tyreek! He has t/b mentally deficient to leave Mahone losing out on 2 SB's! He has to be one of the biggest idiots in football history! He was highly regarded, was making history w/ Pat (ala Montana/Rice), & he threw it all away for warmer weather in FLA. & a little extra $$! :dunno: :meow::mad::stir:

I will shock you to the core, I'm sure, but this thread isn't actually about your left/right pissing match.

No it was all about TRUMP being an a-#ole disrupting our Sunday enjoyment of sports making a political deal out of kneeling! His lame arse VP made a point of showing up to one game so he could leave "in a huff!" Most Republicans are scumbags; even the so called "good ones" as they support his insanity! Our Democracy is in jeopardy due to one psycho! :omg: :nono: :dunno::meow::mad::stir:

It will shock you to the core, I'm sure, but this thread isn't actually about your left/right pissing match.
Oh well I was just making conversation. Seems like your thread is boring without me.

Here's why WR are weird. They are dumb jocks who have taken a lot of hits to the head

I bet us liberals won't boycott the NFL like you did over one guy taking a knee.
I didn’t boycott anything, why are you making things up?
GLAAD also issued a statement calling Butker’s speech “a clear miss” and “woefully out of step with Americans about Pride, LGBTQ people and women.”
Why do I care what GLAAD says (whoever that is)
However, plenty of women
Plenty of women agree with Butker, probably more than disagree with him.
(and Taylor Swift fans
Why would I care what Taylor Swift fans think?
have made their feelings plainly known, including the sisters of Mount St. Scholastica monastery, a founding institution and sponsor of Benedictine College.
Why would I care about what a vague statement from a small group who seems to be more concerned with public opinion rather than the topic?
Do you think the majority of women at the event agree with him?
Probably plenty did. There’s probably those, (such as yourself, the MSM, radical feminism, the view, etc) that are radically sensitive and seem to have a problem with glorifying motherhood, and demand women chase CEO-type status.. which we know makes women generally unhappy. It’s odd but proven and sensical that it’s your message that makes women unhappy. Single, childless rich women in their late 30’s and 40s are far more unhappy than women in their 20’s who aren’t rich and have kids.

Why would I listen to largely angry and depressed women who don’t have children about what it’s like to have children?
Judging from the hundreds upon hundreds of critical comments on Butker’s Instagram posts and about him on X and TikTok, his remarks did not sit well with many people.
Social media comments comprise like 2% of the population, so, nobody should care what the outrage mob thinks. The silent grand majority isn’t really concerned.
Some 130,000 people have signed a petition to get this kicker fired from his job.
How many have signed petitions to get any of the 37 felons on NFL rosters for spousal and child abuse fired?

Pro-motherhood messages are worse than abusive felons to your kind. It’s insane.

No it was all about TRUMP being an a-#ole disrupting our Sunday enjoyment of sports making a political deal out of kneeling! His lame arse VP made a point of showing up to one game so he could leave "in a huff!" Most Republicans are scumbags; even the so called "good ones" as they support his insanity! Our Democracy is in jeopardy due to one psycho! :omg: :nono: :dunno::meow::mad::stir:
John Bolton was being interviewed on the Daily Show. In short, he sees Trump as a dangerous man who should NEVER be president EVER again. But he is going to vote 3rd party this year. He can't get himself to vote for Biden.

I guess I would be the same. If I ever could not vote for the Democrat I'd probably just stay home.

I didn’t boycott anything, why are you making things up?

Why do I care what GLAAD says (whoever that is)

Plenty of women agree with Butker, probably more than disagree with him.

Why would I care what Taylor Swift fans think?

Why would I care about what a vague statement from a small group who seems to be more concerned with public opinion rather than the topic?

Probably plenty did. There’s probably those, (such as yourself, the MSM, radical feminism, the view, etc) that are radically sensitive and seem to have a problem with glorifying motherhood, and demand women chase CEO-type status.. which we know makes women generally unhappy. It’s odd but proven and sensical that it’s your message that makes women unhappy. Single, childless rich women in their late 30’s and 40s are far more unhappy than women in their 20’s who aren’t rich and have kids.

Why would I listen to largely angry and depressed women who don’t have children about what it’s like to have children?

Social media comments comprise like 2% of the population, so, nobody should care what the outrage mob thinks. The silent grand majority isn’t really concerned.

How many have signed petitions to get any of the 37 felons on NFL rosters for spousal and child abuse fired?

Pro-motherhood messages are worse than abusive felons to your kind. It’s insane.
No. Just like abortion, most women agree with us not you.

Forum List

Back