Pacers HC takes blame in thrilling OT loss to the Celtics

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
If you remember he publicly complained about the foul calls he was not getting in New York, and he was right. Last night, in regulation, the Pacers shot 3 FT's to the Celtics 25 FT's in regulation.

A great playoff game that saw a last second turnover lead to a game tying 3 pointer in the last seconds of regulation.

BOSTON — Year after year, NBA executives vote Rick Carlisle one of the league’s best in-game coaches.

Carlisle, the Indiana Pacers’ head coach, admitted late Tuesday night he didn’t have his finest moment in the final seconds of regulation in the Boston Celtics133-128 overtime victory against the Pacers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals.

“This loss is totally on me,” Carlisle said.

The Pacers had a 117-114 lead and the possession of the basketball but turned the ball over on the in-bound pass, leading to Celtics guard Jaylen Brown’s overtime-forcing corner 3-pointer with 6.1 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

“With 10 seconds (left) in regulation, we should’ve just taken the timeout, advanced the ball, and found a way to get it in and made a free throw or two and ended the game,” Carlisle said. “It didn’t happen.”

Unlike many Pacers players who are playing in the conference finals for the first time, Carlisle is a championship coach with decades of experience.

If you remember he publicly complained about the foul calls he was not getting in New York, and he was right. Last night, in regulation, the Pacers shot 3 FT's to the Celtics 25 FT's in regulation.

A great playoff game that saw a last second turnover lead to a game tying 3 pointer in the last seconds of regulation.

BOSTON — Year after year, NBA executives vote Rick Carlisle one of the league’s best in-game coaches.

Carlisle, the Indiana Pacers’ head coach, admitted late Tuesday night he didn’t have his finest moment in the final seconds of regulation in the Boston Celtics133-128 overtime victory against the Pacers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals.

“This loss is totally on me,” Carlisle said.

The Pacers had a 117-114 lead and the possession of the basketball but turned the ball over on the in-bound pass, leading to Celtics guard Jaylen Brown’s overtime-forcing corner 3-pointer with 6.1 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

“With 10 seconds (left) in regulation, we should’ve just taken the timeout, advanced the ball, and found a way to get it in and made a free throw or two and ended the game,” Carlisle said. “It didn’t happen.”

Unlike many Pacers players who are playing in the conference finals for the first time, Carlisle is a championship coach with decades of experience.

The league wants Boston to win this one. God I wish Indiana would have won game 1. They're still in it. It's going 7.

The league wants Boston to win this one. God I wish Indiana would have won game 1. They're still in it. It's going 7.
They are done. If they don't get swept in 4, they will be gone in 5.

They shot far better than anyone expected, and if they won, they were in it, but that loss was crushing.

The Bucks didn't have the Greek Freak available against the Pacers or would be in the finals you dumb-ass.
They had him last year when Jimmy Butler spanked his ass in the first round. Said it was because Middleton was hurt. He wasn't this year and they had Lillard. What happened?

Nobody cares about the Celtics or Pacers.

The Celtics went to the finals 2 years ago, lost 4 to 2.
Last year they didn't even make it
This year they're going to lose to the West.

Making it to the finals is expected for Boston. Boy will they be heartbroken when they don't win it all. I think the window is getting smaller

I_I

i_i

o

Lillard and Gianni will win the east next year. If Gianni still has the eye of the tiger or has America made him soft

1716396980693.png

We need to see a good finals between two good teams. The Bucks have the bigs to take on the West.

The Celtics are the overwhelming betting favorite to win it all.
Really? Because I feel the east is weak. Did people expect them to beat the Nuggets? So then why would anyone think they can beat Minnesota? You think Boston can handle the Timberwolves?

The Boston Celtics are now the favorite to win the title, at -165, per FanDuel.

The Minnesota Timberwolves, the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference, are at +290 to win the NBA championship.

The Dallas Mavericks, the No. 5 seed in the West, are third in the odds, at +500.

The Pacers knocked off the Milwaukee Bucks and New York Knicks to make the Eastern Conference Finals, but face a daunting task to beat the Celtics.

FanDuel has their NBA championship odds at +2500.

You know what? I'll be okay with this. I like it when the East beats the West. But I would bet $100 the Timberwolves will win it all. What would that pay?

But I would bet $100 the Timberwolves will win it all. What would that pay?
You’d win $290 and get back your $100 for a total of $390 and it is not a bad bet at all, I had money on Boston before the playoffs started and just put $50 on Minn. at +275, the line went up after the Boston win.

I’ve got Boston at +190

Last edited:
If Porzingis comes back healthy, Boston is going to be tough to beat in the finals. I think the defense the TWolves use against Doncic and Irving will be interesting to watch.

Really? Because I feel the east is weak. Did people expect them to beat the Nuggets? So then why would anyone think they can beat Minnesota? You think Boston can handle the Timberwolves?

The Boston Celtics are now the favorite to win the title, at -165, per FanDuel.

The Minnesota Timberwolves, the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference, are at +290 to win the NBA championship.

The Dallas Mavericks, the No. 5 seed in the West, are third in the odds, at +500.

The Pacers knocked off the Milwaukee Bucks and New York Knicks to make the Eastern Conference Finals, but face a daunting task to beat the Celtics.

FanDuel has their NBA championship odds at +2500.

You know what? I'll be okay with this. I like it when the East beats the West. But I would bet $100 the Timberwolves will win it all. What would that pay?
Perhaps the league needs to reshuffle its teams. Have two Conferences American and National with teams in the East, Central and West for each. There may be other options.

Perhaps the league needs to reshuffle its teams. Have two Conferences American and National with teams in the East, Central and West for each. There may be other options.
I'm okay with how things are. We thought our Piston's were going to lose to the Lakers in 2004 and we won. Lebron has won with Cleveland and Miami. Bucks beat the Suns. Toronto beat the Warriors.

Every year I think the West is going to win. But they don't always.

If Porzingis comes back healthy, Boston is going to be tough to beat in the finals. I think the defense the TWolves use against Doncic and Irving will be interesting to watch.

When Porzingis missed 25 games over the regular season, they went 21-4, a much higher winning percentage than when he was healthy. He will have a role, but not sure he makes them much better. But they will need his defense against the size of Minnesota.

Forum List

Back