Why are so many of you so pissed off and combative over politics?

It's so sad and frustrating that older and experienced people struggle so much to have faith in the people they raised. They're stronger than you think.

I'm in no way saying young people can't overcome. I'm saying on top of everything else that was hard about adolescence--they have to overcome social media, cyber-bullying and everything else. I don't blame THEM. They've been on earth a few years. I blame a bunch of other things.

I hope you think about the things you credit for your happiness are quite fragile. A/C, sitting on a computer. If we are a weak nation, our power supply is vulnerable. How many days without power and WiFi before society degrades? I say maybe a week. Maybe less.

I'm in no way saying young people can't overcome. I'm saying on top of everything else that was hard about adolescence--they have to overcome social media, cyber-bullying and everything else. I don't blame THEM. They've been on earth a few years. I blame a bunch of other things.

I hope you think about the things you credit for your happiness are quite fragile. A/C, sitting on a computer. If we are a weak nation, our power supply is vulnerable. How many days without power and WiFi before society degrades? I say maybe a week. Maybe less.
100 years ago young people had to overcome polio and a bunch of other horrible things. There are always trials. Believe in people. They won't disappoint you as much as you think.

100 years ago young people had to overcome polio and a bunch of other horrible things. There are always trials. Believe in people. They won't disappoint you as much as you think.

Disease, war, poverty, alcohol, teenage pregnancy--yes. Existed for centuries.

Being addicted to the screen in your hand is something new. I'm not "not believing" in the teens when I say this is a problem.

You have yet to address citing access to power as a key to your happiness, when our power grid is....well, who knows?

Being addicted to the screen in your hand is something new.
The trials are always new. Young people will overcome. Humanity will survive. Good will prevail. That's what I believe, because I believe in humanity.

The trials are always new. Young people will overcome. Humanity will survive. Good will prevail. That's what I believe, because I believe in humanity.

The trials you cited were not new at all. Disease has lived alongside humanity from almost the beginning. Polio was not "new".

You seem to think because I argue politics or something I'm not happy. I have an exceedingly blessed life and am deeply grateful for it.

But it's fragile. Just because ten years of yesterdays were stable and prosperous does not mean tomorrow will be. I don't live in fear of this; I accept it. I understand it.

The trials you cited were not new at all.
Life changes. Trials change. Polio is not the only trial, but what I stated is true, in my opinion. It was just an example. I'm incapable of completely and thoroughly defining the concept I'm talking about.

I don't think I need to do that. You know what I'm talking about.
Dude, the online thing doesn't affect my happiness. The FLU affects my happiness. If I use an expletive online, it's deliberately targeted and it doesn't mean I'm angry (or happy, or anything else). Think of it more like writing a song, you can convey a feeling to the listener. In real life depending where I am I might be snuggling with wife or my munchkin daughter, while she's reading her girlie mag I can be firing off expletives into the cloud. Or, like now, when I'm sick and bored and 2000 miles from home, and have nothing better to do than find some stupid leftard to pick on, this way at least I get to practice and stay in shape. :p

Dude, the online thing doesn't affect my happiness. The FLU affects my happiness. If I use an expletive online, it's deliberately targeted and it doesn't mean I'm angry (or happy, or anything else). Think of it more like writing a song, you can convey a feeling to the listener. In real life depending where I am I might be snuggling with wife or my munchkin daughter, while she's reading her girlie mag I can be firing off expletives into the cloud. Or, like now, when I'm sick and bored and 2000 miles from home, and have nothing better to do than find some stupid leftard to pick on, this way at least I get to practice and stay in shape. :p

:dunno: I guess you're the exception.

:dunno: I guess you're the exception.

Why do you say that?

Many of the posters don't even believe what they themselves are saying, maybe they're paid to post whatever talking point floats by.

Others are more serious, have their own web sites, maybe they're even influencers on social media.

:p

I don't think we can defeat leftie tyranny on an internet forum.

Leftards think they're slick. Like all that Alinsky stuff, lotta shuckin and jivin

This is just a way of reminding them we're on to their bullshit. Call it a love tap. :)
Hilarious

The only people who have read Sal are maga fuckups dying of their own hand.

Forum List

Back