Why Americans Really Don't Give a Shit about Covid

And there is nothing wrong with that. If they feel they are higher risk that may be a sensible thing to do. That's how it should have been handled from the beginning instead of blanket draconian measure that have plunged millions into poverty worldwide while the billionaire class has profited from it.

Ah, the "Libertarian" approach... it's okay if people die as long as the government isn't telling us what to do.

Ah, the "Libertarian" approach... it's okay if people die as long as the government isn't telling us what to do.
Yep- exactly- what do you have against liberty and why do you support tyranny? Is it just tyranny you agree with that you approve of? Fucking idiot.

What I get from your post is that you don't really care if people die as long as it isn't someone in your immediate family. Sorry if it sounds blunt but that's how it comes across to me.

My brother and sister in law both got it because they’re stupid. I couldn’t have cared less if they died (they didn’t). I’m worried about myself and my wife. I marginally care about my in-laws because they live in the same building I do (and therefore pose a risk to me). Beyond thst, I don’t give a shit who gets it or whst happens to them.

Actually, my sister wouldn't let her younger daughter come to thanksgiving because she and her boyfriend weren't practicing quarentine measures... She and her husband are in their 60's and can't risk infection.

The real problem here is that we've been living with TRUMP PLAGUE for 9 months now, and yes, we are all getting a little worn down with it all.

Hopefully, there won't be another spike in a week or so for those who were less careful.
Trump plague? It was the chinese who invented it and spread it AROUND THE WORLD---while Cuomo and other dems purposely spread it in the states throughout nursing puposely racking up the death/kill rate. Its the Kung Flu or the Cuomo Covid

Trump plague? It was the chinese who invented it and spread it AROUND THE WORLD---while Cuomo and other dems purposely spread it in the states throughout nursing puposely racking up the death/kill rate. Its the Kung Flu or the Cuomo Covid

yes, I know, TRUMP PLAGUE is everyone else's fault except Trump.

It was all those sneaky Chinese.. Oh, wait.

1606682994529.png

1606683015114.png

It's the old saying, "Your freedom to waive your arm ends at my nose"... your freedom to spread your germs ends at the rest of us catching them.
I said nothing about freedom bud- learn to read, for starters, then tell me where your tyranny line stops as I asked of you-liberty cures ills, tyranny fosters ills- so where do you draw the line, stupid?

Bottom line: If you are a healthy person living in the U.S., and under the age of 65, the risk of death-by-covid is quite tolerable, especially if one follows the minimal precautions that make sense. Wear a mask when indoors (church, restaurants, gym, etc.), stay out of mosh pits. That's about it. Anything more borders on neurotic. Even if you test positive, your chances of dying are microscopic.

If you are compromised or old and decrepit, you need to be extra careful.

Yep- exactly- what do you have against liberty and why do you support tyranny? Is it just tyranny you agree with that you approve of? Fucking idiot.
How come you yanks are so into individualism you couldn't give a shit if your own inlaws die?

I thought yanks always went back for an injured or dead comrade - obviously just in the movies.

250,000 deaths with still two months to go.
To put that into perspective flu virus kills between 12000 and 60.000 per year in the US.
It is the equivalent of four jet passenger planes crashing every day killing everyone on board.
If that happened you would never fly again.
58,000 died in the Vietnam war over twenty years and that brought mass protests.

The same thing is happening in the UK and we are almost as shit as you at handling it mainly due to 'libertarian' attitudes. We should adopt the sort of policies that have worked in the far east.

I said nothing about freedom bud- learn to read, for starters, then tell me where your tyranny line stops as I asked of you-liberty cures ills, tyranny fosters ills- so where do you draw the line, stupid?

When we are past this disease, stupid. That's where the line is drawn.

We are only a few months away from vaccine distribution. You can even pretend it was due to Trump.

How come you yanks are so into individualism you couldn't give a shit if your own inlaws die?

I thought yanks always went back for an injured or dead comrade - obviously just in the movies.

To put that into perspective flu virus kills between 12000 and 60.000 per year in the US.
It is the equivalent of four jet passenger planes crashing every day killing everyone on board.
58,000 died in the Vietnam war over twenty years and that brought mass protests.

The same thing is happening in the UK and we are almost as shit as you at handling it mainly due to 'libertarian' attitudes. We should adopt the sort of policies that have worked in the far east.
You should know by now, the death count proclaimed by the establishment is inflated.

Actually, my sister wouldn't let her younger daughter come to thanksgiving because she and her boyfriend weren't practicing quarentine measures... She and her husband are in their 60's and can't risk infection.

The real problem here is that we've been living with TRUMP PLAGUE for 9 months now, and yes, we are all getting a little worn down with it all.

Hopefully, there won't be another spike in a week or so for those who were less careful.
9 months. Let's see what it gives birth to !

So here's the thing: People see these reports and horror stories on the Telly every day, but there is a bit of subconscious cognitive dissonance going on. Those horror stories just don't line up with what we observe.

The linked data tells you why your instincts are correct.

It appears that among Americans from birth to 64 years old, there have been recorded thus far about 5.8 million "cases." We all know some non-retired people who have tested positive, so that number jibes. The total number of deaths (all we really care about) of people from birth to 64 years old is about 38 thousand.

So to summarize grossly: There are AT LEAST 116 million Americans between the ages of 0 and 64, and of those 5.8 million have tested positive. So that's one in 20 have tested positive. And if you test positive, about one in 160 of you will die from this dreaded disease. So as an individual between the ages of zero and 64, there is about a one-in-3,000 chance that you will die of the disease. It's not actually that high, but close enough.

And as we all know, the younger you are, the less likely you will get sick and die, and the older you are...

This is why so many people said, "Fuck it" and celebrated T'giving with their families. The risk is tolerably low. And if you took extra precautions with Granny, the actual upside was greater than the potential downside.

Fox news had downplayed the Virus since the beginning. Comments like "With this new hoax" and "I am far more concerned with stepping on a used heroin needle than getting the coronavirus"

Dr. Fauci has been referred to on Fox as "the chief buttoon of the professional class".
Scientists have been called idiots by our leadership, masks have been downplayed and stigmatized, and our leadership has said it's time to take our country back from the doctors.

Is it any wonder that there are now more cases in non metro areas than metro areas.

And it's not just the deaths. It's the aftermath. People ending up with blood clots, organ damage, heart problems, brain damage and a host of other new pre existing conditions.
Even losing appendages.

So here's the thing: People see these reports and horror stories on the Telly every day, but there is a bit of subconscious cognitive dissonance going on. Those horror stories just don't line up with what we observe.

The linked data tells you why your instincts are correct.

It appears that among Americans from birth to 64 years old, there have been recorded thus far about 5.8 million "cases." We all know some non-retired people who have tested positive, so that number jibes. The total number of deaths (all we really care about) of people from birth to 64 years old is about 38 thousand.

So to summarize grossly: There are AT LEAST 116 million Americans between the ages of 0 and 64, and of those 5.8 million have tested positive. So that's one in 20 have tested positive. And if you test positive, about one in 160 of you will die from this dreaded disease. So as an individual between the ages of zero and 64, there is about a one-in-3,000 chance that you will die of the disease. It's not actually that high, but close enough.

And as we all know, the younger you are, the less likely you will get sick and die, and the older you are...

This is why so many people said, "Fuck it" and celebrated T'giving with their families. The risk is tolerably low. And if you took extra precautions with Granny, the actual upside was greater than the potential downside.
democrats are more worried about that Biden brain rot than any virus. besides no matter if you die in an auto wreak your death certificate will say the virus killed you. THE WAY THIS ELECTION IS GOING THE VIRUS WILL BE THE LEAST OF OUR PROBLEMS

The OP is a terrible human being.
Because he questions the"official narrative"? My my- 3 bldgs collapsed from 2 planes in near identical fashion at near free fall speed- the back of JFK's skull was missing from a shot fired from behind him - the fastest way to end ww2 was to kill 200k civilians, just prior to the Japanese surrender that was inevitable- yeah, he's terrible- count me in, please at being terrible- but, don't forget my mantra is ALL men are created equal and have certain UNalienable rights and I can't find a caveat in ALL-
Are you on crack?

The official numbers are, basically, horseshit.

When we are past this disease, stupid. That's where the line is drawn.

We are only a few months away from vaccine distribution. You can even pretend it was due to Trump.
So...never. COVID will be with us forever.

There are lots of problems with the partial lock down.
The only successful ways to deal with an epidemic have to be fast.
Anything that allows it so grow for 10 months is a total failure and needs to be dropped for something that can quickly end it.
Total quarantine or herd immunity are about the only real ways to end an epidemic.
It likely is too late for quarantine now, so then herd immunity has to be it.
And the way herd immunity works is by the virus having a local burn out, where is has already infected everyone in contact, so they have immunity and the virus dies.
But flattening the curve prevents that, because it ensures there are always a few uninfected that the virus can spread to.

Forum List

Back