Why am I nervous about this football game today?

If I were a Steelers fan, I'd be praying for the Jets BIGTIME.

The Pats OWN the Steelers and their coaches, players and fans know it all too well. :thup:

yea well the steelers really showed me something yesterday, they were a totally different team in the second half.

The loser always learns more and makes changes , the pats beat them handily earlier, can they make the changes necessary to pressure Brady? They had no sacks and Polamalu was a none factor in that game, hes a tad hobbled, how much of an effect next week he'll be and can they generate a sustained rush, that will be the key. The Steelers scored on them in the second half so I don't think that will be an issue.

The Pats OWN the Steelers and their coaches, players and fans know it all too well. :thup:

On the contrary, I want the Pat to win.
If the Jets won, then Pittsburgh beats them - then Pat fans would say forever "well if they had to play us it would have been different".

If Pittsburgh were to win the conference and/or the Superbowl - I would want that win to be inarguable.

And without cheating to do it.

As a Pats fan my biggest concern is the Pat's beat up defensive line. But Belicheck and Co. has had 2 weeks to get everybody on the same page.

It should be brought up continuously until Belichick is no longer a coach.

...and until after he is elected into the Hall of Fame.

Good point.
Years back Pete Rose was not only fired, but banned from MLB in any capacity for LIFE. Even though there was no evidence that he cheated, only the connection to POSSIBLE cheating because he placed bets against his own team.

Belichick was caught red-handed cheating...period.
Then there are also numerous "smoking guns" throughout his organization...steroid use, eavesdropping on radio communication during games, illegal salary use...the list is endless.

Yet...Belechick was never even suspended. He was fined the largest fine in NFL history - $500,000...but to guy making $millions a year - that is like you or I fined $1,000 or so.

Let's see, who do I want to root for today?

The team that beat my COLTS last week in a heartbreaking loss, or the hated Pats?

:eusa_think:

Truth is I'm very nervous too. Primarily because the Pats have so many rookies and young players with little or no playoff experience. And now that Rex has successfully turned this game into a circus, I just hope that the young Patriot's players can stay focused.

Let's see, who do I want to root for today?

The team that beat my COLTS last week in a heartbreaking loss, or the hated Pats?

:eusa_think:

Don't be a hater. :(

Well, I did pick the Pats to win today in my other poll, so I guess I'll be cheering for them after all today, as much as that pains me to do! :tongue:

Some of your favorite people here are Pats fans, therefore you can cheer for the Pats on behalf of your friends.

If the Jets won, then Pittsburgh beats them - then Pat fans would say forever "well if they had to play us it would have been different".

If Pittsburgh were to win the conference and/or the Superbowl - I would want that win to be inarguable.

Bullshit! :lol:

Yeah sure, you'd rather go to Foxboro for the AFC Championship than play the Jets at home. :doubt:

Yeah sure, you'd rather go to Foxboro for the AFC Championship than play the Jets at home. :doubt:

Sorry...I'm not desperate for a Steelers win..we already have 5 trophys..no need to be desperate.

I'll repeat, I want to play the Patriots. I want that chance for the Steelers to win against them...it would be a glorious day.

LOL.

The Pats have one of the most talented teams, if not, THE MOST talented team in professional football. The only team that can defeat the Patriots are the Patriots themselves: fumbles, interceptions, penalties and sloppy execution. Otherwise, they pretty much write their own future.

I like the Jets, and I think it's exciting to see young Mark Sanchez shake things up. However, this is where they separate the men from the boys, and Sanchez' balls haven't fallen yet. He'll be a good QB, maybe even a great QB, down the road. But he's not championship material.......yet.

Look for Brady to just lay it all on the table and start with the Big Play right off the bat. After that, it's a matter of which offense can keep up the pace. It's how the Pats do things; nothing fancy, not a whole lot of finesse, just a race to the finish throwing as many points on the scoreboard as possible. And the Pats can keep up the pace all day long whereas the Jets rely on turnovers, lucky breaks and a favorable horoscope reading.

I just hope this isn't the day we decide to turn it over three times.

Heh, the law of averages. They've been too good for too long... :doubt:

There's no predicting when a team will lay an egg. Maybe the Browns game is emerging from the subconscious.

But I think I'll enjoy watching Rexy's big mouf get shut up today. :cool:

Sorry...I'm not desperate for a Steelers win..we already have 5 trophys..no need to be desperate.

I'll repeat, I want to play the Patriots. I want that chance for the Steelers to win against them...it would be a glorious day.

Yes, I'm sure your homerism could even ascend to levels of smugness that only Packer fans can attain.

Well, I did pick the Pats to win today in my other poll, so I guess I'll be cheering for them after all today, as much as that pains me to do! :tongue:

Some of your favorite people here are Pats fans, therefore you can cheer for the Pats on behalf of your friends.

Holy $hit xotoxi, I think for the FIRST TIME in your life you actually made sense! :clap2:

Yet you didn't even rep me for it.

SHEESH!!!

Yes, I'm sure your homerism could even ascend to levels of smugness that only Packer fans can attain.

No, I guess you can call me old fashioned.
To me, it is better to lose with honor than win in shame.

If I was a Pat fan I would be outraged. They have the talent to win WITHOUT cheating, Belichick is a piece of shit...it pains me to see Pat fans gloss over everything he did.

No, I guess you can call me old fashioned.
To me, it is better to lose with honor than win in shame.

If I was a Pat fan I would be outraged. They have the talent to win WITHOUT cheating, Belichick is a piece of shit...it pains me to see Pat fans gloss over everything he did.

Did the Patriots cheat in week 10?

Forum List

Back