Why am I forced to pay for Government Universities?

Should Universities actively endable free speech beyond the left to receive government funding?

• Total voters
Should Universities actively endable free speech beyond the left to receive government funding?

Engrish?
Kazzie answered his own question.....

But it gets even better......

Kazzie has claimed to hold an MBA........from a public university.......

Actually all three degrees were from public universities. BS from the University of Maryland. MS from Virginia Tech. MBA from the University of Michigan.

Your point? Are you saying once I get a degree from a public university they own me and I no longer can do anything other than endorse them?
He's saying you dance with the girl that brung ya'.

The girl that brung ya' (you in particular) was PUBLIC universities.

So don't bite the hand that has fed you.

Right, so if I went to a public university than I should shut up about public universities if I disagree with them. Rejected as the crap that it is
Well you should definitely shut up about b!tching and moaning about paying taxes so that other kids can now go to public universities.

Yah.

And Jesus would agree, I am sure.

Engrish?

Actually all three degrees were from public universities. BS from the University of Maryland. MS from Virginia Tech. MBA from the University of Michigan.

Your point? Are you saying once I get a degree from a public university they own me and I no longer can do anything other than endorse them?

Right, so if I went to a public university than I should shut up about public universities if I disagree with them. Rejected as the crap that it is
so if I went to a public university than

Is English among any of your first 4 languages?

Your highlighting your low comprehension skills is interesting. Even journalists with the horrible writing skills they have got frustrated with your low comprehension and lack of punctuating skills, didn't they?
You need a preposition in there for your sentence to make sense.

"Your highlighting OF your low comprehension skills ... ."

There -- fixed it for you.

Actually, it's correct either way

They allow activist leftist professors to not only talk politics but punish anyone not left through grades, prohibit anyone from leftists from speaking at graduations or other events and don't even intervene like in Berkeley when leftists violently shut down even a libertarian from just speaking libertarian views.

In Berkeley, the bystanders confirmed by the video show the police did nothing to stop the rioting leftists so Milo could speak. There was not one arrest. My question, why am I paying for that?
Anyone who is good at debating should be able to articulate both pro and con arguments.

I had a far right professor once and all you needed to do to get a good grade was parrot his John Birch nonsense.

You are paying for everything that the Fed's and that your state does because the Fed and the state Constitutions allow taxation.

You are just a taxpayer.

You do not run the train.
Kazzie got his........now it's time to pull up the ladder......

Funny how you're still here commenting on your views when the answer to me was STFU, you can't change it ...
Kaz,

I'm a reader of quite complex fiction, and have logged hundreds of hours wading through legalese.....

I can't figure out what the fuck you are trying to say...

You were "pure quant", right?

Can you remember the last time you read anything longer than 5 paragraphs?
Kaz's public universities don't have very good technical writing classes obviously.

Non left speakers and faculty are present on all public university campuses. Quit crying.

And..you pay because it is a net positive for the nation. It's us....not me. Try it for a while.

Who and where?
We hosted several Olin Series lectures at my alma mater....

When I attended, we had ONE alleged marxist on the entire faculty....

And my college is among those considered Ground Zero for subversion...

And is the answer to the question in there somewhere?

Engrish?

Actively enable means like at Berkeley yesterday taking proactive steps to ensure that non-left speakers like Milo are free to speak instead of suborning leftist violence as the Berkeley faculty does. Seriously, you didn't understand that?

You truly have horrible reading skills. That makes me totally believe your claim you worked in the media

If they are going to invite such volatile speakers they should provide enough security.
I lived in Berkeley back in 1982 and I even dated a lady (SWF) who graduated from there. I noted that they (at UCB) have a hands off policy by their campus and their city police when it comes to demonstrations, protests, and speeches.

If you knew Berkeley like I knew Berkeley then you would not be surprised at all by all this.

The best thing about Berkeley btw is the annual Cal vs Stanford game.

Quite a riot in most years, no pun intended.
My kid is in the HS marching band....I made her apply to Stanford, in part for that reason....

Your highlighting your low comprehension skills is interesting. Even journalists with the horrible writing skills they have got frustrated with your low comprehension and lack of punctuating skills, didn't they?

No azzhole it is not "correct" either way.

If your sh!t fails to communicate and your reader has to read it half a dozen times to decipher it then it is crap.

They allow activist leftist professors to not only talk politics but punish anyone not left through grades, prohibit anyone from leftists from speaking at graduations or other events and don't even intervene like in Berkeley when leftists violently shut down even a libertarian from just speaking libertarian views.

In Berkeley, the bystanders confirmed by the video show the police did nothing to stop the rioting leftists so Milo could speak. There was not one arrest. My question, why am I paying for that?
Trump needs to legislate that there must be a diversity of political opinions among the staff.

We can still have anti discrimination bodies in our society but they must be regulated so that they are not anti white or supremacist for any minority group/s

I don't care what the political opinions of the staff are as long as they keep it to themselves while they are at work

Engrish?

Hell no!

If you got yours society has fulfilled its obligation........can't have these ambitious beaners learning how to do compound growth problems on a hand held.......where will the Decent White Folk, with their spiffy desktops and LOTUS 1-2-3, have to go?

Who will save the Children?

You seem to be under the mistaken impression I am no longer a tax payer. My theory as to your oversight involves your being a butt hurt leftist who's still better that Hillary didn't receive her entitled nomination to the Presidency. Am I right?

Engrish?

Actively enable means like at Berkeley yesterday taking proactive steps to ensure that non-left speakers like Milo are free to speak instead of suborning leftist violence as the Berkeley faculty does. Seriously, you didn't understand that?

You truly have horrible reading skills. That makes me totally believe your claim you worked in the media

If they are going to invite such volatile speakers they should provide enough security.

A libertarian is a "volatile speaker?" How is that? Smaller government. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!

Just look at the results. Maybe the faculty didn't know how much he is hated. I didn't. I don't care what he says. I think it's a made up persona.

That was a small group and the students were watching them, it was not the whole school body and I suspect it was a set up, hired stone throwers and glass breakers.

Not according to my daughter who lives there. Literally, the demonstrations are frequently outside her apartment window.

And the videos confirm the police did little to stop the rioters and not even one was arrested

No shit Dick Tracey. I do however as a citizen have the right to speak up. Why are you here if your answer is sit down and shut up, it's not just up to you? You obviously don't practice that as you speak your view all the time.
Jesus called guys like you "hypocrites".

Does this not give you pause then ?!

What did I say that was hypocritical, Gomer?

You were flagrantly hypocritical on the other hand when you speak up on your views yet told me not to because I can't change anything

"You" elect state representatives and give the power to tax you and to spend that money on services and things that they deem worthy of taxpayer support. Among those things might be state-supported institutions of higher learning.

If you have a gripe about how your money is spent, direct it to your state legislators. They have the ability to exert pressure on the state colleges, consistent with the state and federal constitutions.

the Federal Government has no legitimate role in education. Period. If your tax dollars are supporting any college or university, advise your congresspersons that you object. Demand that they stop it. It is unconstitutional. See the Tenth Amendment, which clarifies the meaning of Article I, Section 8.
The follow-up to Trump's tweet about federal funding for universities to restrict free speech was that UC Berkley receives $350 million in federal funds annually. That's not counting an additional $673 million in research grants, etc. Berkeley Research Numbers | Research UC Berkeley

Now, THAT is some serious influence.

We shouldn't be funding universities, period. Let them work for market value like the rest of us.

I agree, but that's not the issue I'm focusing on. Liberals aren't smart enough to have a discussion on two topics simultaneously. They aren't even smart enough to have a discussion on one, two is hopeless
Do you consider yourself "smart", Kazzie?

Pass
Hey, if you are promiscuously passing judgement.........

Judgement connotes a moral assessment, not an intellectual one. You're not that smart or that dumb, but wow, the gap between how smart you think you are and how smart you are is a chasm

Engrish?

I lived in Berkeley back in 1982 and I even dated a lady (SWF) who graduated from there. I noted that they (at UCB) have a hands off policy by their campus and their city police when it comes to demonstrations, protests, and speeches.

If you knew Berkeley like I knew Berkeley then you would not be surprised at all by all this.

The best thing about Berkeley btw is the annual Cal vs Stanford game.

Quite a riot in most years, no pun intended.

I keep telling you what my daughter who lives there now is telling me. Did you see the videos? It wasn't a "demonstration." She would lose friends and be ostracized if they knew she's a libertarian, not a liberal. It's a completely intolerant leftist state there. Tell me they would have been hands off if right wingers rioted and if you do I'll call you a liar

Anyone who is good at debating should be able to articulate both pro and con arguments.

I had a far right professor once and all you needed to do to get a good grade was parrot his John Birch nonsense.

You are paying for everything that the Fed's and that your state does because the Fed and the state Constitutions allow taxation.

You are just a taxpayer.

You do not run the train.
Kazzie got his........now it's time to pull up the ladder......

Funny how you're still here commenting on your views when the answer to me was STFU, you can't change it ...
Kaz,

I'm a reader of quite complex fiction, and have logged hundreds of hours wading through legalese.....

I can't figure out what the fuck you are trying to say...

You were "pure quant", right?

Can you remember the last time you read anything longer than 5 paragraphs?

The two of you dimwits keep telling me stating my view is a waste of time while you keep stating your own views. Seriously, you don't grasp that? How stupid are you?

First, there were three arrests.

Second, you are not paying for Government Universities. All of your tax money goes to national defense. All of my tax money goes to pay for universities. I'm the one paying for the universities, not you. But thanks for funding national defense!

Engrish?

Well you should definitely shut up about b!tching and moaning about paying taxes so that other kids can now go to public universities.

Yah.

And Jesus would agree, I am sure.

Strawman, and you're just a stupid fuck if you actually think that's what I said. Read the OP, moron

Non left speakers and faculty are present on all public university campuses. Quit crying.

And..you pay because it is a net positive for the nation. It's us....not me. Try it for a while.

Who and where?
We hosted several Olin Series lectures at my alma mater....

When I attended, we had ONE alleged marxist on the entire faculty....

And my college is among those considered Ground Zero for subversion...

And is the answer to the question in there somewhere?
The Olin Lecture series brought conservative speakers to college campuses. I believe they sponsored the Terry Dolan appearance I attended.

And, given that I have already told you I too have an MBA, you can be pretty sure I graduated from college...

But if you are really determined to learn where - in 2016, our lacrosse team stomped the Wolverines 22-8.....but don't feel bad....we were the best team in the country.....

No azzhole it is not "correct" either way.

If your sh!t fails to communicate and your reader has to read it half a dozen times to decipher it then it is crap.
Unless you are a quant........

Forum List

Back