Why Allow Gun Ownership?

No Moon Bat, you are confused.

At the time the Second Amendment was written the term "well regulated" meant well provisioned. Big difference.

Only you stupid Moon Bats are obsessed with regulating everything.
Nope.

City lefties wouldn't understand it but a lot of rural homes have enough acreage for casual target shooting and plinking. If you have to ask why Americans are permitted (with certain restrictions) to possess a firearm you must have been asleep during Civics 101. Are they going to ask why Americans would want the responsibility of free speech and freedom of religion as guaranteed in the other Amendment? Whoops, they already are.

I would. For an AR standard capacity is 30 rounds.

I use ten round magazines at the range when shooting off the bench but if I needed an AR for self defense or for the reasons envisioned by the Founding Fathers I would want the standard size.

I have over 300 of them.
I would. For an AR standard capacity is 30 rounds.

I use ten round magazines at the range when shooting off the bench but if I needed an AR for self defense or for the reasons envisioned by the Founding Fathers I would want the standard size.

I have over 300 of them.
I agree. Ten rounds for home is what I had with my Ruger rotary-clip ten-shot rifle. Nobody thought a thing about that. The AR-15 looks scary, but functions the same as my Ruger. Some people are ruled by looks, and they're the ones that make excellent useful idiots. The government can count on them to bark up any tree they want them to bark up.

Last edited:
A home invader is NOT going to get into a drawn out gunfight.

Liar. In your world, all these innocent homeowners would have been unarmed and murdered in their homes.

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Case 1 does not require semi auto magazine fed. Certain cases (bear hunting or wild boar) require a handgun but large caliber revolvers serve that purpose.

2. That makes it a toy. A deadly toy

3. Certainly not a magazine fed semi auto. A shot gun is an excellent weapon for home defense.
Because 2nd Amendment. End of discussion

You are confused Moon Bat

What did it mean to be well regulated?

One of the biggest challenges in interpreting a centuries-old document is that the meanings
of words change or diverge.

"Well-regulated in the 18th century tended to be something like well-organized, well-armed,
well-disciplined," says Rakove. "It didn't mean 'regulation' in the sense that we use it now, in
that it's not about the regulatory state. There's been nuance there. It means the militia was
in an effective shape to fight."

In other words, it didn't mean the state was controlling the militia in a certain way, but rather
that the militia was prepared to do its duty.

Jefferson's notion of needing to "refresh the tree
He was railing against the prevailing rule by divine right of the European monarchies, not the democratically elected representatives of the government they were establishing. The People can vote them out with out bloodshed. It worked, mostly.

Forum List

Back