Whose Thanksgiving Bible...Hebrews Or Christians?

True. Seems to me if you believed in many gods, like the Israelites did, you would turn to another if you thought yours had let you down. If you believed in only one God why would you think an idol had any power?

:lol:

Try actually READING some of the stories.

It's all explained.

Saying I'm wrong is easy but not very convincing. Show me I'm wrong and I'll be convinced. I'm betting you can't because, unlike me, you have only faith, not facts to back you up.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying you're ignorant and don't know the basics.

You're like someone explaining about knitting water into a quilt.

10. Judeo-Christian....
Still doubt that the two are one???

Jews were included in the view of our founders.
In fact, they thought of themselves as the new Hebrews.....

“The Founders of this country had a reason for favoring the Jewish people, due to their attachment to the Bible, and because the Founders saw themselves as descendants of the People of the Book.

“Rather than just tolerate the Jews as another religious minority, America’s Founding Fathers were profoundly inspired by Jewish ideas, …. understanding liberty not as an individual license for each of us to pursue his or her bliss but as a collective commitment to a greater good under the watchful eyes of God.” In American Jewish History, a Key to Future Greatness

None of the Founders was a deist. All believed in a God who took an interest in us, and our country.

“Benjamin Franklin’s proposals for a Great Seal featuring not an eagle but Moses and the Israelites crossing the Red Sea.”
1637870738043.png

First Committee's Design for America's Great Seal - 1776

Clearly, the current Democrat Party, rife with anti-Semitism is an aberration, and not in accordance with the America as it was founded.

Still happy I didn't vote for Trump.

- Highest crime rates in decades - which of Biden's policies led to that?
- Afghanistan taken by Taliban - after it was given to them by Trump
- Crippling debt and inflation - Biden screwed it up
- CDC discredited - discredited by the Right, respected by Biden.
- DOJ fully weaponized - By Trump, just ask Jeff Sessions
- Border crisis - There was a crisis under Trump too.
- No longer energy independent - which of Biden's policies led to that?

This could be your pic:

1638023527425.png

Our Western concept of God has evolved (I know you hate that word) over the millenia. Originally (in the Bronze Age), He was one god among many but made a covenant with one people who promised to put him front and center. He was a God of the people of Israel and, though you could offer Him a Temple sacrifice for personal requests, He judged the entire people of Israel and would punish or reward them all as one. As pagan converts to Christianity developed their theological understanding of God he became the sole deity and a personal one. He judged you for your actions and offered rewards in the next life, something the God of Israel never really did.

Given that, I'd say there were two. Regardless, Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Your thesis is rank ignorance and irrationality. You're literally claiming that a self-evident logical construct evolved.

Is there one Bible…Or Two?

Who celebrates Thanksgiving? Where does the idea come from?

And which theology? Here’s a hint:

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." —Psalm 100:4-5

So…Jews, Christians…..one Bible or two?

1. There is only one religion prominent in the creation of both America and Western Civilization: the Judeo-Christian one.
My conjecture is that the forces of Marxism, the atheistic faith that has replaced God with man, and man as the collective called ‘government,’ would prefer that religious folks…their enemies…..see people of each Testament as adversaries. Neither Testament supports that view.

2. “If you ask most Christians if they can outline to you how the whole Bible fits together from beginning to end, and how to tie the account of Genesis through to their culmination in the life and work of Jesus Christ, you will have even less who can do this.

3. …Forgotten Covenant, by author and teacher, Ryan Watson…. is a refutation of overly simplistic approaches to a Christian’s understanding of the Old Testament. there is a complete misunderstanding of how important the Old Testament is to Christians. Some believers know that Genesis speaks of creation and that the Psalms are beautiful. …. They do not understand why the nation of Israel was so important in the history of God's plan. They also do not understand just how good the Old Testament law is.

4. Watson shows how Abraham fits into God’s wider plan, how God brings a nation through Abraham, what this nation was meant to be, what were the characteristics of this nation, and along the way, he explains the place of circumcision, sacrifices and the covenant laws in the faith of the Old Testament believer. He also shows how there is a strong continuation between Abraham’s faith and the modern Christian’s faith. This is important, especially when you consider how foundational this is to Paul's argument in Galatians and Romans.

5. Once you have finished Watson’s book, you will have a clear understanding of the continuity between Israel and the Church, the two are one and the same, with different expressions in different periods of God’s plan, and that God always intended to bring Gentiles into his people.
In fact, he always has, right through the Old Testament period till now. You will also have a clearer understanding of the narrative structure of the Scriptures.”
Forgotten Covenant: A Review · Caldron Pool

Have we cleared that up?

Now....let's get to the turkey.

If you attempt to ignore the Hebrew faith, then you must ignore Christ Jesus who was born of woman, born under the law, and sinned not. Jesus was a JEW. Of what value is the Old Testament? Its our schoolmaster, we read, we learn not to engage in the snares of the flesh that was common in the Old Testament. "Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster/tutor to bring us unto Christ, that we may be justified by faith; but after faith has come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." (Gal. 3:24-25)

Without Judaism there could be no Christianity...........there was a seed planted and its now grown into a great Nation that engulfs over 1/3 the worlds population........3 billion strong, All Abraham's seed according to the promise. What promise was that......world conquest? Land? Of course not........the remaining promise of having the seed of Abraham grow like the stars in the sky.....so numerous one cannot count them unless he can count the grains of dust on the earth. (Genesis 13:14-16)

The faithful remnant of the Hebrew faith have been combined with the adopted Gentile Nations of the earth.....Today, the God of Creation, the same God that delivered Israel from Egypt honors a New Testament Covenant between God and Man, a Covenant that includes all the peoples of the world, Jews and Gentiles alike, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither free nor slave, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Gal 3:28-29)

God never changes. There have been 4 major covenants (agreements) between God and man. God never changed but man changed. The first major covenant was the Noahic Covenant (Genesis 9:11). The second covenant was the Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 12:1-3). The third covenant was Mosiac Covenant (Deut. 11).

Lastly.......the last Covenant, i.e., the last days of mankind, the final covenant, a Covenant that will last until the end .......The New Covenant of Christ as prophesied in the Book of Jeremiah (31:31-34)........unlike any previous covenant, a covenant written on the hearts of those faithful to the God of Creation (A spiritual kingdom).....unlike the Covenant of Moses whose laws were written on stone, where one has to literally answer to the letter of the law via physical blood sacrifices in order to carry one's sin from one year to the next......a covenant where only 1 man walked this earth under the LAW and sinned not, and that was God incarnate, Christ Jesus. Who fulfilled the Law of Moses and its conditions to completion. (Matthew 5:17)

Have you not read, "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart." (Romans 2:28-29)

Last edited:
If you attempt to ignore the Hebrew faith, then you must ignore Christ Jesus who was born of woman, born under the law, and sinned not. Jesus was a JEW. Of what value is the Old Testament? Its our schoolmaster, we read, we learn not to engage in the snares of the flesh that was common in the Old Testament. "Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster/tutor to bring us unto Christ, that we may be justified by faith; but after faith has come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." (Gal. 3:24-25)

Without Judaism there could be no Christianity...........there was a seed planted and its now grown into a great Nation that engulfs over 1/3 the worlds population........3 billion strong, All Abraham's seed according to the promise. What promise was that......world conquest? Land? Of course not........the remaining promise of having the seed of Abraham grow like the stars in the sky.....so numerous one cannot count them unless he can count the grains of dust on the earth. (Genesis 13:14-16)

The faithful remnant of the Hebrew faith have been combined with the adopted Gentile Nations of the earth.....Today, the God of Creation, the same God that delivered Israel from Egypt honors a New Testament Covenant between God and Man, a Covenant that includes all the peoples of the world, Jews and Gentiles alike, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither free nor slave, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Gal 3:28-29)

God never changes. There have been 4 major covenants (agreements) between God and man. God never changed but man changed. The first major covenant was the Noahic Covenant (Genesis 9:11). The second covenant was the Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 12:1-3). The third covenant was Mosiac Covenant (Deut. 11).

Lastly.......the last Covenant, i.e., the last days of mankind, the final covenant, a Covenant that will last until the end .......The New Covenant of Christ as prophesied in the Book of Jeremiah (31:31-34)........unlike any previous covenant, a covenant written on the hearts of those faithful to the God of Creation (A spiritual kingdom).....unlike the Covenant of Moses whose laws were written on stone, where one has to literally answer to the letter of the law via physical blood sacrifices in order to carry one's sin from one year to the next......a covenant where only 1 man walked this earth under the LAW and sinned not, and that was God incarnate, Christ Jesus. Who fulfilled the Law of Moses and its conditions to completion. (Matthew 5:17)

Have you not read, "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart." (Romans 2:28-29)

Clearly you didn't bother to read the post your linked to.

I'll see your meaningless graphics with one of my own:
2-3-Biden-100-Days-Recap-Infographic.png

This will come as no bulletin to those who read your posts....but you are both a liar and a fool.

“Compared to 2019, Americans now are poorer, more isolated, more physically unhealthy, more fearful, and sadder than they have been in generations, maybe ever. Depression has skyrocketed, church attendance has dropped in half, cancer deaths are up dramatically. So is obesity, hypertension, diabetes, stroke among young people, suicides, drug ODs, you name it — it’s up.”

This will come as no bulletin to those who read your posts....but you are both a liar and a fool.

“Compared to 2019, Americans now are poorer, more isolated, more physically unhealthy, more fearful, and sadder than they have been in generations, maybe ever. Depression has skyrocketed, church attendance has dropped in half, cancer deaths are up dramatically. So is obesity, hypertension, diabetes, stroke among young people, suicides, drug ODs, you name it — it’s up.”
I see plenty of statements without a lot of supporting evidence. Tucker Carlson is welcome to his opinions but I don't give them much credence as he is a just another pundit and one that was kicked out of college and turned down for a government job.

Forum List

Back