Who's getting in whose face? Gay v. Straight!

Faggots need to be culled from the face of the earth. Eventually there will be an anti-homo backlash and that will happen.
Or a "towel head" backlash. Eventually Americans aren't going to be as forgiving and take it out on those trying to force their religion on others.

Any homosexual who marries someone of the opposite sex gets the same benefits as any heterosexual. Why is that hard to understand?
It's hard to understand, because that's not the question. It's not about marrying someone you say they should, but marrying someone they want to marry.

Of course, most of americans are straight and movie-makers knows that!Nobody wanna see same-sex couples in films, it's absurd and people will not buy a ticket to see this film.
Some people must want to see it. Brokeback Mountain was made for less than $20 million and grossed $178M+.

Gay's make up 5% of the population and you are surprised that the majority of films are depicting boy meets girl?

I don't know why the one film removed gay references and I really don't care. What the film and TV industry do is irrelevant - I don't have to watch the films or television. They can feature round the clock men kissing men for all I care - ill just turn it off.

Now, when you get into the legal system and start demanding that you get extra protections, THAT is getting in others 'faces.'

What kind of "extra protections"? The same kind granted to race, religion, country of origin, gender, etc? Those kinds?
Yup.

Many want to become a protected class. I do not support 'gay' being a protected class. That is simply asinine to me. Equal access to the law - that is a given. No one should be subject to a different set of rules in this nation. Get special protections because your sexual persuasion is a another ballgame.
What extra protects, exactly, are gay people demanding that other people don't have?
Per usual, we don"t get an accounting of what those "extra protections" are!!!

Because its not true.

All we get are the usual empty and meaningless religious and lifestyle arguments.

What consenting adults do is their business. We need to keep fighting against religion and government controls over our private lives.
See above.

So you object to gays getting the same protections other minorities get, but neglected to mention whether you believe those other minorities should get the protections. Hmmmmmm....
Depends.

I think there was certainly a time for protections against racial discrimination. There was a time in this nation where blacks were MASSIVELY discriminated to the point they could not use the same facilities as whites across the nation. We needed intervention at that point or we faced grinding an entire demographic into the ground. Do we still need those protections? I am not so sure but there really isn't any reason to lift them at this point. Do not belittle that time of struggle by claiming that gays face anything even remotely similar. Society has accepted gays without asinine restrictions and will continue to be more and more accepting without them as well. The acceptance of gays has, as it should, moved VERY quickly. I believe this will resolve itself within the next decade. Gay marriage will be established judicially very soon and legislative battles against gay's doing whatever happens to be the asinine thing of the day will end shortly after that (or those legislators will be looking for new jobs).

Religion is protected by the constitution - that is something that I can agree with though I think is largely unnecessary. Unfortunately, that 'protection' is generally used to force accommodation - something that I do not agree with.

Age, I don't know. I have not really looked into that at all. I have never really see it actually practiced tbh. It is listed as protected but when was the last time that it was actually utilized in court?

Sex I still think is needed. The very idea of women in the workforce is actually not that old and there are still adjustments being made here. Women, unfortunately, have lagged behind race on getting equality in this nation. I think we are basically there now but there is still a lot of discrimination fought by women in the workforce today.

Minorities get these "special protection" because they are targeted for discrimination based solely on animus. I've got an idea...don't try to discriminate based solely on animus and groups wouldn't need these protections.
Yes, all that horrible discrimination you are facing. You cant buy a cake at a few bakeries in the entire nation.

Look, people discriminate all the damn time. The we make special laws to protect people from discrimination when it begins to affect ones ability to live or hinders your basic rights. Gays do not have a problem becoming successful in any field they damn well chose. They are not being widely affected by discrimination as women and blacks once were - unable to do basic things and recognize basic rights. The ONLY real discrimination that gays have really faced is being unable to marry - a mistake that is being corrected. Does your special protection have jack shit to do with that? No.

Here is an idea, stop demanding that you deserve special protections and perhaps some people will not have a reason to have animus to you. There will ALWAYS be bigots for every stripe of hate there is. You are not going to solve that problem.

Of course, most of americans are straight and movie-makers knows that!Nobody wanna see same-sex couples in films, it's absurd and people will not buy a ticket to see this film.
Some people must want to see it. Brokeback Mountain was made for less than $20 million and grossed $178M+.
Shock factor.

A gay cowboy - NO WAY! Everyone had to run out and watch it after that :D

I will break it down for you.

Man and woman having sex........Normal

Man and man or woman and woman having sex........Abnormal

What are we defining "normal" as? 50%+, 25%+

Please, give me a figure at which we need a certain amount of people to be doing something for it to be considered normal. Then we can ban everything that goes below this.

No matter what percentage you want to settle on, 5% is not a 'normal' percentage. Left handed people are not the norm either (hence the failure to get them a decent set of scissors) and they represent somewhere around 15%. Do left handed people take that as an insult or see that statement as a negative? No. why the hell do so many people get defensive as soon as the fact that gay is not a normal sexual orientation?

The number of people is not the point anyway. That is a rather irrelevant thing to look at here. Gay is a sexual abnormality in that it is not conducive to the way our bodies are 'designed.' To argue that it is 'normal' is rather asinine to say the least. Like it or not, the sole biological purpose for sex is procreation - something that is flat out impossible with gay sex.

That does not mean they should be treated differently or not have access to the same laws, raise families, adopt children or anything else that a gay person might want to accomplish but being sexually oriented to your own gender is not a normal state of being.

Are left handed people denied the right to marry because they're not "normal", no they're not. If they were, do you think they're kick up a stink?

Find one post where I do not support gay marriage and you might have something.

You did notice the last statement I made, right? No state of being should infringe on your rights unless it directly endangers others.

Gay's make up 5% of the population and you are surprised that the majority of films are depicting boy meets girl?

I don't know why the one film removed gay references and I really don't care. What the film and TV industry do is irrelevant - I don't have to watch the films or television. They can feature round the clock men kissing men for all I care - ill just turn it off.

Now, when you get into the legal system and start demanding that you get extra protections, THAT is getting in others 'faces.'

There are not demanding extra protections, they're demanding equal protection under the law which they do not have.

If the holier than thou right hadn't been making a big stink about gay marriage, there would be NO big deal at all. Just like, if they had legalized pot 50 years ago, we wouldn't have a drug problem with coke, meth, crack and prisons. Cons are always complaining about government intrusion, but they're the ones that are always intruding.
Legalize pot and coke, crack and heroine go away?

Now that is the first time I have ever heard that crazy argument put forth. Now, apparently, pot cures addiction too!
Back when Tricky Dick started the war on drugs, there wasn't an epidemic of of coke, meth, and crack. Crack didn't even exist. Smack was only available in a few big cities. Coke was for the affluent. If pot would have been legalized back then, drugs never would have become a big deal. The cartels would have never got powerful, and we never would have spent a trillion dollars on the DEA, and trillions more on the ATF and FBI. Think of all that money that could have been used on the GREAT WALL OF THE USA along the border.

There are not demanding extra protections, they're demanding equal protection under the law which they do not have.
What equal protection are they being denied? Name it.

What kind of "extra protections"? The same kind granted to race, religion, country of origin, gender, etc? Those kinds?
Yup.

Many want to become a protected class. I do not support 'gay' being a protected class. That is simply asinine to me. Equal access to the law - that is a given. No one should be subject to a different set of rules in this nation. Get special protections because your sexual persuasion is a another ballgame.
What extra protects, exactly, are gay people demanding that other people don't have?
Because its not true.

All we get are the usual empty and meaningless religious and lifestyle arguments.

What consenting adults do is their business. We need to keep fighting against religion and government controls over our private lives.
See above.

So you object to gays getting the same protections other minorities get, but neglected to mention whether you believe those other minorities should get the protections. Hmmmmmm....
Depends.

I think there was certainly a time for protections against racial discrimination. There was a time in this nation where blacks were MASSIVELY discriminated to the point they could not use the same facilities as whites across the nation. We needed intervention at that point or we faced grinding an entire demographic into the ground. Do we still need those protections? I am not so sure but there really isn't any reason to lift them at this point. Do not belittle that time of struggle by claiming that gays face anything even remotely similar. Society has accepted gays without asinine restrictions and will continue to be more and more accepting without them as well. The acceptance of gays has, as it should, moved VERY quickly. I believe this will resolve itself within the next decade. Gay marriage will be established judicially very soon and legislative battles against gay's doing whatever happens to be the asinine thing of the day will end shortly after that (or those legislators will be looking for new jobs).

Religion is protected by the constitution - that is something that I can agree with though I think is largely unnecessary. Unfortunately, that 'protection' is generally used to force accommodation - something that I do not agree with.

Age, I don't know. I have not really looked into that at all. I have never really see it actually practiced tbh. It is listed as protected but when was the last time that it was actually utilized in court?

Sex I still think is needed. The very idea of women in the workforce is actually not that old and there are still adjustments being made here. Women, unfortunately, have lagged behind race on getting equality in this nation. I think we are basically there now but there is still a lot of discrimination fought by women in the workforce today.

Minorities get these "special protection" because they are targeted for discrimination based solely on animus. I've got an idea...don't try to discriminate based solely on animus and groups wouldn't need these protections.
Yes, all that horrible discrimination you are facing. You cant buy a cake at a few bakeries in the entire nation.

Look, people discriminate all the damn time. The we make special laws to protect people from discrimination when it begins to affect ones ability to live or hinders your basic rights. Gays do not have a problem becoming successful in any field they damn well chose. They are not being widely affected by discrimination as women and blacks once were - unable to do basic things and recognize basic rights. The ONLY real discrimination that gays have really faced is being unable to marry - a mistake that is being corrected. Does your special protection have jack shit to do with that? No.

Here is an idea, stop demanding that you deserve special protections and perhaps some people will not have a reason to have animus to you. There will ALWAYS be bigots for every stripe of hate there is. You are not going to solve that problem.

The reason gays are a "protected class" has nothing to do with cakes. (Romer v Evans)

Being allowed to marry the of-age person of their choice.

Slight Correction ... Having same-sex marriage recognized by businesses, institutions, State or Federal Government.

Technically, same-sex couples have been able to marry for ages through a plethora of methods.
Same-sex marriages have just not been recognized by the convening authorities.

Forum List

Back