Who's getting in whose face? Gay v. Straight!

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
This is starting off being about films.

Pride American DVD Cover Photoshops Out All Gay References

There's a film called Pride which is coming out and is about gay people supporting the miners' strike in the 1980s in the UK.

60e31219ffb5015897982ecfd4cb9db02018401d.jpg

Here's the image of the film poster.

d0bbf630ac1173a6878e2a0aa14b8bee50b7d8f9.jpg

Here's the American version of the picture on the film poster.

Now, it made me think about when those who are anti-Gay and say that gay people are getting in their faces.

So here's a summary of romance films of the year. (just that it's easier to do Romance films rather than use all films)

2014 Romance Movies I'll take from this website, just a random one I found.

The Hunger Games - boy and girl
Maleficent - boy and girl
Winter's Tale -Boy and girl
What If - boy and girl
The Best of Me - Boy and girl
The Awkward Moment - boys and girls
Endless Love - Boy and girl
The One I Love - Boy and girl
Pompeii - boy and girl
Only Lovers Left Alive - boy and girl
Third Person - boys and girls

Oh, it seems that just about every film is about boy meets girl sort of film. There are a few gay films, but not many, sort of Brokeback Mountain is one I can think of and another Behind the Candelabra. But That probably makes up about 1% of films, if that. And yet we're told gay people are in our faces, when there are probably about 10% of people who are gay, and yet films often don't represent this.

Also, when it comes to advertising films, they'd try and reduce the amount of gay stuff in the promotion of it, probably because of right wingers (small govt supporters who want the govt to be big when it comes to things they don't like, how convenient) will get all annoyed claiming gay people are throwing their sexuality down their throats, as if most of these romance films aren't thrusting straight sex down everyone's throat.

There are plenty of people who waant to believe the world is populated by Donna Reed households. OTOH, we do see movies, TV, commercials depicting gay couples, handicapped, racial mixed couples with kids.

Baby steps, I guess.

Gay's make up 5% of the population and you are surprised that the majority of films are depicting boy meets girl?

I don't know why the one film removed gay references and I really don't care. What the film and TV industry do is irrelevant - I don't have to watch the films or television. They can feature round the clock men kissing men for all I care - ill just turn it off.

Now, when you get into the legal system and start demanding that you get extra protections, THAT is getting in others 'faces.'

Queerism is, well, queer. It truly is a mental and/or social disorder.

Whatever the case may be -- the last thing I want in life is for a gay man to "get in my face." :eusa_naughty:

Gay's make up 5% of the population and you are surprised that the majority of films are depicting boy meets girl?

I don't know why the one film removed gay references and I really don't care. What the film and TV industry do is irrelevant - I don't have to watch the films or television. They can feature round the clock men kissing men for all I care - ill just turn it off.

Now, when you get into the legal system and start demanding that you get extra protections, THAT is getting in others 'faces.'

"Now, when you get into the legal system and start demanding that you get extra protections, THAT is getting in others 'faces.'"

I've never seen that. I've only seen people wanting the same rights that every one enjoys.

What kind of "extra protections"? The same kind granted to race, religion, country of origin, gender, etc? Those kinds?

There was no romance in this movie. It was about gay activists that helped Welsh minors protest. Damn good movie based on a true story. Imagine if they removed all references to race from "Selma" for the advertising.

"Now, when you get into the legal system and start demanding that you get extra protections, THAT is getting in others 'faces.'"

I've never seen that. I've only seen people wanting the same rights that every one enjoys.

Yeah ... I think goat-lovers should marry whomever they want ... it's their "right." And NAMBLA should have "equal rights" too. Right Lumpy?

Then the fudge packers need to fund, produce, and distribute queer romance films for their pervert fan base. ..... :cool:

Candy makers are not the topic of this thread. If you can't answer the question, please don't try to change the subject.

Thanks.

Yeah ... I think goat-lovers should marry whomever they want ... it's their "right." And NAMBLA should have "equal rights" too. Right Lumpy?

You have a rich fantasy life but you didn't answer the question either.

What are these "extra protections" gays are demanding?

No, I'm not surprised that the majority of films are boy meets girl. That's not the point here.

The point here is that those who oppose gay people are saying they're getting the "gay lifestyle" forced upon them. Are they? Or are gay people getting the "straight lifestyle" forced upon them?

Is making a film of romance forcing things on anybody at all?

What extra protects, exactly, are gay people demanding that other people don't have?

Forum List

Back