Who would be president?

No matter how far down the line of succession we go, we will never get on our knees for a king. We already know you Limey clowns will.
We don't either, but I believe you guys stand stand every morning and sing a pledge of allegiance to a flag.

Thank you for an American cliché, here's a list of some more.

The U.S. Constitution and the Presidential Succession Act of 1947 outline the presidential order of succession. The line of succession of cabinet officers is in the order of their agencies’ creation.

1. Vice President
  2. Speaker of the House
  3. President Pro Tempore of the Senate
  4. Secretary of State
  5. Secretary of the Treasury
  6. Secretary of Defense
  7. Attorney General
  8. Secretary of the Interior
  9. Secretary of Agriculture
  10. Secretary of Commerce
  11. Secretary of Labor
  12. Secretary of Health and Human Services
  13. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
  14. Secretary of Transportation
  15. Secretary of Energy
  16. Secretary of Education
  17. Secretary of Veterans Affairs
  18. Secretary of Homeland Security
The reason why I asked, was because -

Abraham Lincoln - Repub - Shot and killed
James A Garfield - Repub - Shot and killed
William McKinley - Repub - Shot and killed
JFK - Dem - Shot and killed
Theodore Roosevelt - Repub - Shot
Ronald Regan - Repub - Shot

So it seems the Democrats are very violent, and when they flirted the idea in a thread a little while back of what will happen if Trump was "killed", it kinda niggled on me since. So I wondered what the succession would be if the Left took out both the President and VP.

Added - Blimey, 18 in line. Dems are gonna be busy!

They seem to omit that it was the French that help win it for the British colonies. Or in other words, has America ever won a war on its own 🤔

Franklin went pleading to the King of France, a monarchy, more autocratic than the British, to help them get rid of another monarchy. Can’t quite get my head around that contradiction of terms.

And Franklin loved England so much, he lived in London for, l think it was, eight or twelve years. :eusa_doh:

The reason why I asked, was because -

Abraham Lincoln - Repub - Shot and killed
James A Garfield - Repub - Shot and killed
William McKinley - Repub - Shot and killed
JFK - Dem - Shot and killed
Theodore Roosevelt - Repub - Shot
Ronald Regan - Repub - Shot

So it seems the Democrats are very violent, and when they flirted the idea in a thread a little while back of what will happen if Trump was "killed", it kinda niggled on me since. So I wondered what the succession would be if the Left took out both the President and VP.

Added - Blimey, 18 in line. Dems are gonna be busy!

Just think, we used to chop the heads off our monarchs.

Franklin went pleading to the King of France, a monarchy, more autocratic than the British, to help them get rid of another monarchy. Can’t quite get my head around that contradiction of terms.

And Franklin loved England so much, he lived in London for, l think it was, eight or twelve years. :eusa_doh:
Woodrow Wilson's mother was from Carlisle, Cumbria. He loved the Lake District -

Woodrow Wilson's mother was from Carlisle, Cumbria. He loved the Lake District -

Washington’s mother was born in Epping Forest. I had to look twice to register that one. Everywhere one goes in Northern Virginia, one runs into England. There’s even a place called Truro. And Haymarket.

Washington’s mother was born in Epping Forest. I had to look twice to register that one. Everywhere one goes in Northern Virginia, one runs into England. There’s even a place called Truro. And Haymarket.
They have Manchester, Birmingham, Cumberland, Carlisle etc.. Basically they're English, well because the colonies were English. They used our Bill of Rights too.

And with any Tom Dick And Harry that can buy a gun from a supermarket, the Left shoot their presidents, oh, and their classmates.

Last edited:
If both the president and vice president were assassinated, who becomes president?
I think you brought up an excellent topic, and when I read Hossfly's lists of succession, I thought about some threats against USA America, and where nuclear enemies might go after D. C. Most of those people would be in the Capitol doing their jobs, and the Military might be in locations China's little weather balloon were monitoring with Biden and his button pushers allowing the full interloper's sky scan from coast to coast. And Biden's known pocketing cash from foreigners in the multi millions of dollars gives me pause if he recently deposited for allowing that horrifying information spill. What a way to fluff someone's millions into billions. :frown:

I will speak to dear Uncle P and see if we can fix a MAandRGA (MARGA) deal .
The Donald can run the DOJ and CIA because they need cleaning out and amalgamating .

Who the Speaker is when the president leaves office could be an interesting betting pool, with recent turnover and some members wanting more turnover, while we also have a severely old president and a VP nobody wants promoted. And there are more old politicians in the top ranks of both parties in both houses. That would be throwing many variables and probabilities into one pot. Another betting pool could be how far down the line of succession a new president is found and inaugurated.

Forum List

Back