Who will replace Rush?

Others will come.....but in a sense he was one of a kind, truly irreplaceable.

1613601005761.png

It's over.

Just like the Trump Presidency.

now. . . let us face it, it is now time for the inevitable.

:auiqs.jpg:

Should the Rush radio show continue with revolving guest hosts?
Or should there be a new permanent host?
Or should the show be discontinued?

The Rush radio show was largely playing 2nd fiddle to the hyper-informed professional class conservative/Libertarian commentators on the USMB!

There was sufficient time to formulate a long-term plan.

My estimate, based on 50+ years in broadcast (none of it clearing tables in an NPR coffee-break room) is that the successor will already be doing at least a regional (not just local) show. Because of the uncertainty of when the deal would kick in there are contractual things with that individual's present situation that will keep it from happening immediately.

It can't be allowed to take long, though, or momentum would be lost.

I can think of a few candidates - none of whom are "big names" at the national level TV, radio or print. Don't rule out someone from film. Remember, you never thought Ronald Reagan could be president.

Whoever it is will surprise you.

Should the Rush radio show continue with revolving guest hosts?
Or should there be a new permanent host?
Or should the show be discontinued?
Thanks for posting this, It's what I wanted to discuss.
Who should fill his void on air?
1)BILL O'Reilly?
2) Lou Dobbs?
3)Mike Rowe?
4)David Webb?
5)Me? (I was a top big city DJ, I have hosting experience which includes a military base event and a great clear condenser mic voice)
6)Laura Trump
7)Leo Terrell 2.0
8) Candace Owens
9) Kayleigh McEnany
10) Larry Elder

I want to thank those who sent me PMs. Time does not permit me to reply individually just now. But no, I am not in contention. I haven't done a talk show since 1963. Of course it was much more difficult then with having to use actual 1/4 in tape for delay. The cut mechanism was simple. A pair of scissors. I was always amazed at how little I had to use them.

Forum List

Back