who will christians discriminate against once gays have equal rights?

There have been several studies showing that gay males and straight females not only share much of the same brain shape, but also are hormonally similar.

Same when gay females and straight males were compared.

Is there a "gay gene"? Probably not, as they would have found it by now, but, I'd be willing to bet that being gay isn't the result of just 1 gene, but rather the combination of several.

No, being gay isn't a choice.

Yes, it is. Hormone production can be stimulated/changed by behavior.

There have been several studies showing that gay males and straight females not only share much of the same brain shape, but also are hormonally similar.

Same when gay females and straight males were compared.

Is there a "gay gene"? Probably not, as they would have found it by now, but, I'd be willing to bet that being gay isn't the result of just 1 gene, but rather the combination of several.

No, being gay isn't a choice.

Yes, it is. Hormone production can be stimulated/changed by behavior.

So girl, please tell us when you chose your sexuality.
First, let me explain to you what choice involvesas you are obviously deficient in that learning process. Choice means OPTIONS. How can you make a choice unless you go over all of your options.
Your choices are straight, gay, bi-sexual.
How long did you contemplate being gay? What thoughts entered your mind in that thought process in making your choice?
"Hmm, let me weigh the pros and cons of my choices as I do not know whether or not I am attracted to men or women so I have to choose.":lol::lol:
What a joke. But you have to come up with such nonsense because your ideology forces you away from fact and reason.
Not in a million years and you know it. No one chooses their sexuality and who they are attracted to.
I, you and everyone were born that way.
Give it up. Your argument is absurd.

I chose my sexuality when I decided I wasn't going to hit on my girlfriends, and instead find a boy to bang.

I chose my sexuality when I decided I wasn't going to hit on my girlfriends, and instead find a boy to bang.

So you had an attraction to girls as one of your options.
Ok, at least you are honest about it. Some do suppress their bi-sexual attractions and just go for one or the other and not both.
But you were born with attractions to both. You did not choose to be attracted to both your girlfriends and boys.

No one. Real Christians dont discriminate they show the love of our heavenly Father.

Anyone who hates and claims to be a Christian needs to check their faith and read their bible more.

That's the truth of "Straight is the gate and narrow the way." There aren't all that many people who truly live what Jesus taught, and additionally realize that it's only by grace. There is nothing they can do to make Him love them any more, and there is nothing they can do to make Him love them any less.

But there's plenty they can do to show people that being a Christian means being an ugly, mean-spirited git, thereby being a block to the kingdom for many who see them as Christ's representation here on earth.

e The greatest among you must be your servant.
f Whoever exalts himself will be humbled; but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
* g “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You lock the kingdom of heaven* before human beings. You do not enter yourselves, nor do you allow entrance to those trying to enter.

Ok, at least you are honest about it. Some do suppress their bi-sexual attractions and just go for one or the other and not both.
But you were born with attractions to both. You did not choose to be attracted to both your girlfriends and boys.

Exactly. But I chose which impulse to act upon.

It's a choice. Just as having sex is a choice, having a baby is a choice, getting married is a choice.

I choose to be heterosexual, just as gays choose to be gay.

No Chrisitan has the right to abuse, hurt or deny rights to anyone. You can not go around condeming people to hell and expect them to come running to the closest church to repent. All people are to be treated with kindness, respect, and love regardless of their sin. Once you do that it is easier to open communiction with them about what you beileve.

That's true, I think. I object to the term "condemning people to hell" (I think that's the term) because of course Christians don't have that power, only God has that power...telling people they will go to hell per the Bible and telling them you are condemning them to hell are two different things.

But otherwise, yeah. Primary ministry of Christ = Love.

That's true, I think. I object to the term "condemning people to hell" (I think that's the term) because of course Christians don't have that power, only God has that power...telling people they will go to hell per the Bible and telling them you are condemning them to hell are two different things.

You right of course but when as a chrisitan you tell someone that they will go to hell they automatically hear you condeming them to hell. Its a matter of perception.

I was the first person my sister came out to. She asked me if I thought she was going to hell for being a lesbian. I said no (and this was 20 years ago, so not necessarily the answer I would give again). I think you're going to hell for turning your back on God.

You right of course but when as a chrisitan you tell someone that they will go to hell they automatically hear you condeming them to hell. Its a matter of perception.

We can't adjust our speech to accomodate inaccurate perception all the time. The fact of the matter is that the bible says that those who are non-believers and haven't been saved by Christ are going to hell.

I'm not going to quit believing that or referencing it because there are people who misunderstand it. That's their problem, not mine.

By the same token, it's not good PR nor do I think it was the objective of Christ, to constantly spout off about how those of no faith will be punished. It has its place in discussion, but to just walk around yelling "gays are committing a sin!" is no more meaningful, and no more Christian, than spouting "Fat people are damned!"

It used to be here in the south that blacks were at the bottom of the totem pole. Gays were also looked down upon but never really mentioned.
Then the blacks received equal rights and SISS BOOM BAH:
The right wing hack religous kooks had to have a new group to persecute because the bumper sticker on their Buick says so.
Enter the gay boogeyman. Everyone knows that giving them rights will ruin America as we know it.
Without someone, anyone, someplace, somewhere to persecute, most mega churches will not have enough vocal chords with fannies on pews each week to fill the plate.

Correct, and if you can't scare them into the pews, they won't give you all that fat cash that comes with being a false prophet.

Shit...........the Catholic Church learned that lesson around 1700 years ago.

Because a book said so.

A 2000 year old book that says rape victims have to marry their rapists, that's a book I'd look to for guidance on what's perverted or not.................................

Provide a quote.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young..." NLT - Online Bible Study

28 "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, 29 he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

It's a choice. Just as having sex is a choice, having a baby is a choice, getting married is a choice.

No, I never chose to be straight.
And those with same sex attraction, WHICH IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU HAVE, are not attracted to the other sex.
Completely different.
You were born attracted to both. They, gay, and I, straight are born attracted to one.
No one chooses what they are attracted to sexually. IT IS IN YOU.
Hell, even the southern Baptists admit that now.

A 2000 year old book that says rape victims have to marry their rapists, that's a book I'd look to for guidance on what's perverted or not.................................

Provide a quote.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young..." NLT - Online Bible Study

28 "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, 29 he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Actually a very effective way of preventing rape, I'd think.

No, I never chose to be straight.
And those with same sex attraction, WHICH IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU HAVE, are not attracted to the other sex.
Completely different.
You were born attracted to both. They, gay, and I, straight are born attracted to one.
No one chooses what they are attracted to sexually. IT IS IN YOU.
Hell, even the southern Baptists admit that now.

Bullshit.

Pure and green. :lol:

Provide a quote.

Actually a very effective way of preventing rape, I'd think.

Uh no, not at all, that would increase it. You'd see sleezebags raping rich girls all the time to marry into money, or just rape someone in general they want to marry but know the other person wouldn't want to.

Forcing a rape victim to marry her attacker makes no sense in any instance.

You're an idiot. That is such a ridiculous and retarded statement, with absolutely no potential to be proven, that there's no point even refuting it.

I thought you had a little bit up on Gadawg, but I can see you're both ignorami. Please, for the love of God and all that is holy, READ or at least watch National Geographic or something. Ancient civilizations, that's where you want to go, probably...specifically, the customs of ancient Hebrew civilization.

Forum List

Back