Who to Believe in Coronavirus War of Words

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
There are way too many conflicting reports. Trump is right to have Pence as the go to guy for Coronavirus updates. All others should stay in the shadows since they are only making things more confusing.

---As many as 70,000 Americans could be confirmed as infected with coronavirus by the end of next week, marking a “pretty dramatic” increase in the number of confirmed cases, the director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis Collins, told his employees in an agency-wide conference call on Friday.---

This prediction would indeed be a dramatic increase and is therefore hard to believe.

NIH director: 70K coronavirus cases could be confirmed in US by end of next week

There are way too many conflicting reports. Trump is right to have Pence as the go to guy for Coronavirus updates. All others should stay in the shadows since they are only making things more confusing.

---As many as 70,000 Americans could be confirmed as infected with coronavirus by the end of next week, marking a “pretty dramatic” increase in the number of confirmed cases, the director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis Collins, told his employees in an agency-wide conference call on Friday.---

This prediction would indeed be a dramatic increase and is therefore hard to believe.

NIH director: 70K coronavirus cases could be confirmed in US by end of next week
Yeah, I've been hearing some scary numbers. I hope to God they are wrong.

Let's come back next week and see.

"If we're still here!"

That would be pretty incredible, considering the total number of cases to date in China is only 81,300, and they were the source of the outbreak and have been dealing with it since November. Unless, of course, they've been lying all along in their reporting.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...0320-sitrep-60-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=8894045a_2

last friday we had 11 cases in CT - it's now 194 & 3 people died. the gov just gave us the shelter in place directive, following cali & NY. i think other states are starting to follow suit.

In the meantime ... do have a care ... wash your hands, don't let people sneeze in your mouth, stay home if you're feeling sick, leave newborn babies alone, kinda all that normal stuff we should have been doing all this time anyway ... just common sense hygiene ...

Some things I picked up on NPR today from a virologist:
1] This strain ought not to cause chronic infection, the sub-group this mutated from isn't known to linger longer than a couple weeks ...
2] Our auto-immune system only provides temporary protection; once you get it, you can get it again in 6 months to a year later ...
3] But we don't know for sure, this was discovered only 12 weeks ago, so we have to wait to find out much of this ...

It's not so hard to believe. A few days ago we had only about 1,300 confirmed cases and today we have 18,459 confirmed cases.

If they have MD or PHD after their names and can they speak freely without pissing off the president with inconvenient facts then listen to them.

i'put my faith in him:

Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., NIAID Director
Dr. Fauci was appointed Director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies. The NIAID budget for fiscal year 2020 is an estimated $5.9 billion.

Dr. Fauci has advised six Presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.

Read Dr. Fauci's Biography

Read about how NIAID is conducting and supporting research on SARS CoV-2 and the disease COVID-19

fauci-advisory-council.jpg

NIAID Director Anthony S. Fauci, M.D

Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., NIAID Director | NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

the HHS secretary is a bigpharma pusher.

It's not hard to believe at all.
It's called exponential growth.

Each infected person not distancing infects on average 2-3 people.
FB_IMG_1584556046922.jpg

Incubation period is up to two weeks. That means those who present with symptoms in two weeks are already infected now but don't know it. Without proper social distancing, those people are infecting more and more people every day.

Last edited:

We got the national guards and that ain’t all
We got the CDC testing us at the mall
Gman curfew's got a hold of me, too
I got the jack boot pneumonia and the boggie wuhan flu

Got all my flights canceled to China ‘til fall
Went for a dump but there’s no TP at all

Gman curfew's got a hold of me too

I Wanna sneeze but I’m afraid I’ll show
Telling symptoms fema says got to go

Gotta quarantine for what I don’t know
My nose is runnin' but my fevers low

I gotta a potus sezs he’s got the plan
He was on TV , claims he is the man
Gman curfew's got me feelin’ blue

~S~ w/apologies to Mr Rivers

If they have MD or PHD after their names and can they speak freely without pissing off the president with inconvenient facts then listen to them.

Todays Press Conference:

“What do you say to the Americans who are scared, though? Nearly 200 dead, 14,000 who are sick, millions, as you’ve witnessed, who are scared right now. What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?”

Trump answered : “That’s an understandable feeling. I would tell them we’re in this together and we’re doing everything we can, as fast as we can.”

No he didn't, Trump said this : “I say that you’re a terrible reporter. That’s what I say. I think it’s a very nasty question, and I think it’s a very bad signal that you’re putting out to the American people. The American people are looking for answers and they’re looking for hope, and you’re doing sensationalism and the same with NBC and con-cast. I don’t call it Comcast, I call it ‘con-cast.

I am sorry to say Trump is starting to loose it... In times of crisis he is going around trying to point fingers...

Reporters saw this and took it on themselves to just push him to one side by asking Fauci a question. Fauci is going to have some book at the end of this...

The people that are cavalier about this don’t understand what we’re dealing with. This will be the number 1 cause of death this year by a wide margin

A few days ago we had only about 1,300 confirmed cases and today we have 18,459 confirmed cases.

What do you mean by "confirmed cases?" Testing positive? Which is growing faster, the number of cases or the number of tests?

For example, let's say 10% of the population carries the virus. The first week, 10 people are tested and 1 tests positive. The next week 100 people are tested and 10 test positive. Does that mean that the number of people carrying the virus has increased tenfold? Of course not.

Last edited:

Todays Press Conference:

“What do you say to the Americans who are scared, though? Nearly 200 dead, 14,000 who are sick, millions, as you’ve witnessed, who are scared right now. What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?”

Trump answered : “That’s an understandable feeling. I would tell them we’re in this together and we’re doing everything we can, as fast as we can.”

No he didn't, Trump said this : “I say that you’re a terrible reporter. That’s what I say. I think it’s a very nasty question, and I think it’s a very bad signal that you’re putting out to the American people. The American people are looking for answers and they’re looking for hope, and you’re doing sensationalism and the same with NBC and con-cast. I don’t call it Comcast, I call it ‘con-cast.

I am sorry to say Trump is starting to loose it... In times of crisis he is going around trying to point fingers...

Reporters saw this and took it on themselves to just push him to one side by asking Fauci a question. Fauci is going to have some book at the end of this...
No excuse for that. He's blown every generous chance he has been given to rise above and be The President. Nope. He is still nothing more than Trump.

I believe in history. Had long ago heard of the Spanish Flu of 1918. I looked at those numbers this week and concluded it isn't a matter of trusting anybody's numbers right now but rather respecting the seriousness of the situation.

A few days ago we had only about 1,300 confirmed cases and today we have 18,459 confirmed cases.

What do you mean by "confirmed cases?" Testing positive? Which is growing faster, the number of cases or the number of tests?

The more people we test the more confirmed cases there will be. The death rate is expected to be very high at first because the very sick people are being tested first. The death rate figures are expected to peak at 4%, and then drop down to 2% when it levels off. 2% is 10 times more deadly than the flu and exponentially more contagious of a virus

Last edited:

Forum List

Back