Who isa really getting bailed out?

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
2 trillion. We are spending two trillion.

When you think about it, what stops a company from just pausing for a couple of months.

Employees getting money can be covered through enhanced unemployment. This could include busuiness owners.

Utilities should shrink with inactivity.

Why are not loan & lease payments being looked at?

If all loan/lease/credit payments could be deferred on a monthly basis, would businesses go bankrupt during a 2-3 month shutdown?

As it is, a good portion of this 2 trillion will go to business entities & go back out to lending institutions. So we are bailing out these same people we bailed out 12 years ago.

2 trillion. We are spending two trillion.

When you think about it, what stops a company from just pausing for a couple of months.

Employees getting money can be covered through enhanced unemployment. This could include busuiness owners.

Utilities should shrink with inactivity.

Why are not loan & lease payments being looked at?

If all loan/lease/credit payments could be deferred on a monthly basis, would businesses go bankrupt during a 2-3 month shutdown?

As it is, a good portion of this 2 trillion will go to business entities & go back out to lending institutions. So we are bailing out these same people we bailed out 12 years ago.
Like every other bail out the people will get nothing.

Sure they'll loan a small business some money than charge an exorbitant interest rate.

How about everybody wait to see what’s actually in the legislation before conjecturing
We don't really have to wait.

Airlines will get billions and not have to pay it back small business owners might get a loan they have to pay back with interest and most people will get a check that won't even pay their mortgages and grocery and utility bills, car payments etc for a month.

If the government really wanted to help people they would force banks to allow people to skip 2 or 3 mortgage paymentsd with no penalties or additional interest

Oh seeing what's in the bill that is finally set would be so bad. Real Dave wants money for Kennedy Center. He wants people to lose their houses and life savings but be more worried that airplanes aren't eco friendly.
Is there a possibility that one out of hundreds of companies may slip through and do something with the bail out that might not be correct? Yes. But should we penalize every worker just to make completely sure that not one company does something untoward? Hardly.

How about everybody wait to see what’s actually in the legislation before conjecturing

Airlines will get billions and not have to pay it back small business owners might get a loan they have to pay back with interest and most people will get a check that won't even pay their mortgages and grocery and utility bills, car payments etc for a month.

If the government really wanted to help people they would force banks to allow people to skip 2 or 3 mortgage paymentsd with no penalties or additional interest
I would love to agree with you but then we would have to bailout the banks.

If the government really wanted to help people they would force banks to allow people to skip 2 or 3 mortgage payments with no penalties or additional interest
We are going to anyway.

MAybe every person in the country should get a check that covers 3 months rent or mortgage payments so they can pay the moneylenders their pound of flesh then the government will actually be bailing out the people not the banks

I believe they are working on that. Of course you can contact your bank directly without getting the government involved.

I believe they are working on that. Of course you can contact your bank directly without getting the government involved.

Banks are not obligated to do anything right now. We should force them to play their part in helping the tax payers who have bailed them out multiple times

We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.

2 trillion is a lot of money. Yes, some of it will be paid back, but I'm sure more than half won't. That means we instantly added to our debt by over a trillion dollars. So far, all I read is how Democrats got some of their goodies, including no money to Trump owned companies, and companies associated with members of Congress. Also, no pay increases for CEO's. If that's all the Democrats got, then I'm okay with it.

2 trillion is a lot of money. Yes, some of it will be paid back, but I'm sure more than half won't. That means we instantly added to our debt by over a trillion dollars. So far, all I read is how Democrats got some of their goodies, including no money to Trump owned companies, and companies associated with members of Congress. Also, no pay increases for CEO's. If that's all the Democrats got, then I'm okay with it.
and only about 12% of that is going to the people.

All that has to be ironed out in the House, so we'll see where it goes from there. It's not over until the fat lady sings, or in this case, the fat man signs the bill.

All that has to be ironed out in the House, so we'll see where it goes from there. It's not over until the fat lady sings, or in this case, the fat man signs the bill.
you have more faith in the parasites in government than I.

That’s only part of it, based on reporting.

Dems we’re negotiating for far more oversight on the Treasury's authority to dole out the money which they got with an IG and oversight board. How anyone would object to an oversight board on a half trillion dollar chunk of cash is beyond me but apparently that was something Republicans has to compromise on.

But yeah, the details are quite opaque.

Pelosi is a asking for unanimous consent to pass so that they don’t have to wait for everyone to return from recess.

If the government really wanted to help people they would force banks to allow people to skip 2 or 3 mortgage payments with no penalties or additional interest
We are going to anyway.

MAybe every person in the country should get a check that covers 3 months rent or mortgage payments so they can pay the moneylenders their pound of flesh then the government will actually be bailing out the people not the banks
While it is a good idea we can't do that for a number of reasons.
First and foremost the Democrats are more worried about Kennedy Center and NASA getting money then they are about people.
2. People need jobs to return to.
Just so the mentally handicapped know : the following is sarcasm.
3. Democrats are already claiming republicans are on the dole.
4. The Democrats are complaiming about the deficit while their spending bill is higher then the senates.

Now to be serious.
There is hope that this will not last months. If it does we have more things to worry about then banks. We will be looking at massive unemployment. The government will be struggling to pay for massive soup and bread lines.

uh no

uh no
uh yes

250000000is slated for direct payments to individuals

That’s only part of it, based on reporting.

Dems we’re negotiating for far more oversight on the Treasury's authority to dole out the money which they got with an IG and oversight board. How anyone would object to an oversight board on a half trillion dollar chunk of cash is beyond me but apparently that was something Republicans has to compromise on.

But yeah, the details are quite opaque.

If it was a bailout, I wouldn't have a problem with that. But these are loans. Loans are paid back with interest. So what difference would it make how they spend the money?

Forum List

Back