Who isa really getting bailed out?

We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.

2 trillion is a lot of money. Yes, some of it will be paid back, but I'm sure more than half won't. That means we instantly added to our debt by over a trillion dollars. So far, all I read is how Democrats got some of their goodies, including no money to Trump owned companies, and companies associated with members of Congress. Also, no pay increases for CEO's. If that's all the Democrats got, then I'm okay with it.

That’s only part of it, based on reporting.

Dems we’re negotiating for far more oversight on the Treasury's authority to dole out the money which they got with an IG and oversight board. How anyone would object to an oversight board on a half trillion dollar chunk of cash is beyond me but apparently that was something Republicans has to compromise on.

But yeah, the details are quite opaque.

If it was a bailout, I wouldn't have a problem with that. But these are loans. Loans are paid back with interest. So what difference would it make how they spend the money?
yeah the SBA is charging 3.75% on money the government will give than for nothing and when the Fed has the interest rate at 0

Sounds like price gouging to me

2 trillion is a lot of money. Yes, some of it will be paid back, but I'm sure more than half won't. That means we instantly added to our debt by over a trillion dollars. So far, all I read is how Democrats got some of their goodies, including no money to Trump owned companies, and companies associated with members of Congress. Also, no pay increases for CEO's. If that's all the Democrats got, then I'm okay with it.
and only about 12% of that is going to the people.

All that has to be ironed out in the House, so we'll see where it goes from there. It's not over until the fat lady sings, or in this case, the fat man signs the bill.
you have more faith in the parasites in government than I.

No, I don't and never did. But I'm not going to complain about something until it's written in stone either. Any money handed out should be directly related to the virus or the problems it caused. Green airplanes has noting to do with it, and neither does an huge increase in the federal minimum wage.

2 trillion. We are spending two trillion.

When you think about it, what stops a company from just pausing for a couple of months.

Employees getting money can be covered through enhanced unemployment. This could include busuiness owners.

Utilities should shrink with inactivity.

Why are not loan & lease payments being looked at?

If all loan/lease/credit payments could be deferred on a monthly basis, would businesses go bankrupt during a 2-3 month shutdown?

As it is, a good portion of this 2 trillion will go to business entities & go back out to lending institutions. So we are bailing out these same people we bailed out 12 years ago.
Like every other bail out the people will get nothing.

Sure they'll loan a small business some money than charge an exorbitant interest rate.

I guess you didnt know it but business's are owned by PEOPLE and they also employ PEOPLE,,,

a little education never hurt nobody,,,

When you think about it, what stops a company from just pausing for a couple of months.

Employees getting money can be covered through enhanced unemployment. This could include busuiness owners.

If all loan/lease/credit payments could be deferred on a monthly basis, would businesses go bankrupt during a 2-3 month shutdown?

As it is, a good portion of this 2 trillion will go to business entities & go back out to lending institutions. So we are bailing out these same people we bailed out 12 years ago.

Sure they'll loan a small business some money than charge an exorbitant interest rate.

I guess you didnt know it but business's are owned by PEOPLE and they also employ PEOPLE,,,

You assume the handouts given to businesses will help the employees.

Tell me how many mortgage foreclosures did the last bank bail out prevent?

That would be none.

The people do not get the money in these bail outs they never do

Dems we’re negotiating for far more oversight on the Treasury's authority to dole out the money which they got with an IG and oversight board. How anyone would object to an oversight board on a half trillion dollar chunk of cash is beyond me but apparently that was something Republicans has to compromise on.

If it was a bailout, I wouldn't have a problem with that. But these are loans. Loans are paid back with interest. So what difference would it make how they spend the money?
Because loans are valuable, especially in a time like this, and picking and choosing who gets a loan is an extremely powerful position which can be used

I also know the small business loans can be forgiven if they meet certain criteria. I don’t know if the same applies to large corporate loans.

That would be none.

just because youre ignorant about it doesnt mean youre right,,,

/----/ And now that the LSM and democRATs have lowered the bar for hysteria - we can do this every flu season as long as Trump is president.

That would be none.

just because youre ignorant about it doesnt mean youre right,,,
Tell me how many mortgage foreclosures were prevented by the last bank bail out.

That HUGE $ 600 dollar check back then didn't help much did it?

Gotta go with Ray on this one. Useless to debate here, until we see what is actually in the bill, to the point that this thread is useless and premature by a few hours to a couple of days.

How about everybody wait to see what’s actually in the legislation before conjecturing
We don't really have to wait.

Airlines will get billions and not have to pay it back small business owners might get a loan they have to pay back with interest and most people will get a check that won't even pay their mortgages and grocery and utility bills, car payments etc for a month.

If the government really wanted to help people they would force banks to allow people to skip 2 or 3 mortgage paymentsd with no penalties or additional interest

It seems force is not necessary

How about everybody wait to see what’s actually in the legislation before conjecturing

Airlines will get billions and not have to pay it back small business owners might get a loan they have to pay back with interest and most people will get a check that won't even pay their mortgages and grocery and utility bills, car payments etc for a month.

If the government really wanted to help people they would force banks to allow people to skip 2 or 3 mortgage paymentsd with no penalties or additional interest

and if people don't use those banks?

I know i don't use any of those and many millions of others don't either

uh no
uh yes

250000000is slated for direct payments to individuals
Math is hard for you huh?

and if people don't use those banks?

I know i don't use any of those and many millions of others don't either
Have you inquired with your bank?
Our local bank is offering 90 day deferments.

Because loans are valuable, especially in a time like this, and picking and choosing who gets a loan is an extremely powerful position which can be used

I also know the small business loans can be forgiven if they meet certain criteria. I don’t know if the same applies to large corporate loans.

If the money is paid back, I don't see why it's necessary for government to tell banks how to spend it. If they want to give their CEO's raises, so be it if that's what they deem necessary to get them through this time of crisis.

If you apply for an auto loan, the bank doesn't tell you which kind of vehicles you are allowed to choose from. As long as you pay the loan back, that's all that matters to them. It should be the same way with government.

uh no
uh yes

250000000is slated for direct payments to individuals
Math is hard for you huh?
250 billion is 12.5 % of 2 trillion

couldn't figure that out ?

Gotta go with Ray on this one. Useless to debate here, until we see what is actually in the bill, to the point that this thread is useless and premature by a few hours to a couple of days.
The basics are out now.

If the money is paid back, I don't see why it's necessary for government to tell banks how to spend it. If they want to give their CEO's raises, so be it if that's what they deem necessary to get them through this time of crisis.

If you apply for an auto loan, the bank doesn't tell you which kind of vehicles you are allowed to choose from. As long as you pay the loan back, that's all that matters to them. It should be the same way with government.

Business loans are far more complicated than auto loans. There is nothing unusual about making stipulations when making a loan. It’s to protect the lender, in this case the American people.

So you want to put 500 billion of our moneyh to back a loan so siome CEO can get a big raise?

Business loans are far more complicated than auto loans. There is nothing unusual about making stipulations when making a loan. It’s to protect the lender, in this case the American people.

When it comes to who decides what's best for a business, I trust business people more than I trust government. After all, isn't the idea of lending businesses money so they can survive this crisis? If so, shouldn't they be the deciders on how best to survive?

So you want to put 500 billion of our moneyh to back a loan so siome CEO can get a big raise?

It doesn't matter to me, as long as they pay it back.

Forum List

Back