Who is your favorite actor of all time?

But acting requires that the actor convince the audience that s/he IS the character, and a good actor is one who can portray a wide variety of characters, convincingly.
You'll Hate this answer, but ONE of the Best at what you describe is Sean Penn.

So...

There seems to be differing opinions of what is to be valued. Many of the actors (actresses) mentioned above are not, strictly speaking, good at the craft of acting. They play basically the same character in every role, and "we" kinda like that persona.

But acting requires that the actor convince the audience that s/he IS the character, and a good actor is one who can portray a wide variety of characters, convincingly. Dustin Hoffman, Robert Duvall, Meryl Streep, Jodi Foster.

Tom Hanks is the leading actor of our time, and he's pretty good at acting.
That list of actors who can play a wide variety of characters needs to include Gary oldman,Alex Guinness and johhny deep.Guinness was always called a chameleon because many times you had to look extensively hard to find him in the film you were watching because so many times he looked so much differerent than you were used to seeing him look like and his voice was always differerent,one of his films he played multiple characters convincingly.

The newer generation of actors thst come to mind who does this very convincingly as well is Gary oldman and Johnny deep,you look at one of their movies what they looked and sounded like then you look at their others,same thing,they don’t sound or look the same,thst is a great actor.

I think my favorite actors would be Sean Connery,Roger Moore,and Harrison ford,I am shocked out of my pants I am the first here to mention Harrison ford.

Last edited:
My favorite is because of his real life personality, would be William Shatner.
Cheesy actor, but seems like an outstanding person, and he was Captain Freaking Kirk, man.
Yuck. Shatner is a real asshole,an arrogant prick.there was this Star Trek book a written where all the cast members of the show said they hated working with him,thst he hogged the spotlight and was real arrogant and difficult to work with.they said they loved Captain Kirk but hated William shatner.for sure not an outstanding person,great actor,he studied Shakespeare,yiu can see that in his performances in the Star Trek show in some of the episodes when he has a long speech. :thup: but a jerk in real life.the Star Trek film he directed is considered the worst of the original cast.Nimoy was much better at directing than him,too bad he was not in charge of Star Trek five as well.

Captain Kirk rules,shatner sucks though.

Forum List

Back