4. Samuel Jackson
5. Jack Nicholson

Women?:
1. Drew Barrymore
2. Gillian Anderson
3. Meryl Streep
4. Jodi Foster

So...

There seems to be differing opinions of what is to be valued. Many of the actors (actresses) mentioned above are not, strictly speaking, good at the craft of acting. They play basically the same character in every role, and "we" kinda like that persona.

But acting requires that the actor convince the audience that s/he IS the character, and a good actor is one who can portray a wide variety of characters, convincingly. Dustin Hoffman, Robert Duvall, Meryl Streep, Jodi Foster.

Tom Hanks is the leading actor of our time, and he's pretty good at acting.

Never saw anything he was in that wasn't over the top. One of his best films IMO is a western called OPEN RANGE with Kevin Kosner.

He could act better than most without even saying a word.
Kevin Kosner is just a puppy compared to the western actors of the 1950’s

Here’s a real western movie

THE SILVER WHIP 1953

I dont like most of the current hollywood celibs

What is to like about them? None of them are names or faces I recognize or have ever seen in anything, who just seem to have sprung onto the scene beautiful, rich and famous for being beautiful, rich and famous all sitting around telling each other how special they are!

But I don't see the acting talent or any other skill to back it up like the Hollywood greats of the 30s, 40s, 50, 60s, and 70s.

Forum List

Back