Zone1 who is the most outrageous liberal moderator? Why are there no conservative moderators?

Damn ... Does anyone have a match and about five gallons of off-road diesel?
I'm gonna have to cool these two down.

Your reputation precedes you.

pl_explodingcars_f.jpg

Your reputation precedes you.

That's not true ... I have never seen that car before ... That's not my wrapper from Speedy's Street Tacos under the driver's seat ...
And I have never been to ... 76° 43' 36.3936'' W by 39° 6' 49.5432'' N ... :auiqs.jpg:

I miss CerealKiller. And kat. She didn't post much, but knowing she was tinkering around in the control panel and just here was enough for me.

I also sorta kinda miss the FZ. Last time I was there was years ago. I was an ogre. I asked to be forum banned and they complied, but now cannot UNban me even though they have tried. Only way I could get back in there is to change my name and start new. Don't wanna do that, so............fond and not so fond memories will have to suffice.

I also sorta kinda miss the FZ. Last time I was there was years ago.

Shoot Gracie ... Those were the days ... Nothing like that now.
They should have passed out service medals for people who managed to live through that time ... But it was a blast.

Oh, you hated Sttab ... Weren't too fond of me at times either, I don't imagine... :auiqs.jpg:
Folks would knock you down, but you would get back up ... You just weren't cruel enough, and it wasn't in your heart.
You had the heart of a tiger ... But not of a snake ... And that was a pit of vipers.
There were some good people though ... If you could get past the minutia ... And sometimes it could get really funny.

When I look back on those times ... Good, Bad, Indifferent ... Doesn't matter, we're still here.
And You Have a Lovely Day

Last edited:
Must be some kind of character trait to want to be a moderator. Kinda like a hall monitor in school. I think it starts at a young age when someone is bullied.

Must be some kind of character trait to want to be a moderator. Kinda like a hall monitor in school. I think it starts at a young age when someone is bullied.

Oh ... I suspect the job is a bit different ... And you may just have a narrow way of looking at it.
In any case ... I don't remember the hall monitor's name ... Maybe the position served its purpose for them.

I bet if you asked the mods why they do it ... That might not be the answer you get.

Oh ... I suspect the job is a bit different ... And you may just have a narrow way of looking at it.
In any case ... I don't remember the hall monitor's name ... Maybe the position served its purpose for them.

I bet if you asked the mods why they do it ... That might not be the answer you get.

Oh, I don't doubt that wouldn't be the answer. No one is gonna admit that.

There is certainly a desire to have power over others that typically drives a person to want to be a mod, as is the ego gratification derived from being royalty.

In my experience with boards over the last 30 years, I would say how much this effects an individual varies from quite little to overwhelming. This forum follows suit. In my experience with AYE, for instance, I have yet to see her act in any way that wasn't totally classy (I miss Kat for that reason, too) whereas there are other mods who are at the extreme end in the other direction by way of being all about the power they have over others.

Oh, I don't doubt that wouldn't be the answer. No one is gonna admit that.

Oh please ... That's a rather cynical view.

I understand the desire to lump people together ... Add a substantial amount of our own perceptions as seasonings ...
And bake the cake we have been taught to bake in order to satisfy our own desires.

But ... In reality ... We all grow over time.
Some people grow into what others cultivate and nurture ... While some people strive to achieve and grow into what they want to be.

I find the latter more interesting ... And have no desire to lock the door just to keep everyone where I want them to be.
But then again ... Who am I ... I damn sure haven't figured it all out yet ... :auiqs.jpg:

There is certainly a desire to have power over others that typically drives a person to want to be a mod, as is the ego gratification derived from being royalty.

In my experience with boards over the last 30 years, I would say how much this effects an individual varies from quite little to overwhelming. This forum follows suit. In my experience with AYE, for instance, I have yet to see her act in any way that wasn't totally classy (I miss Kat for that reason, too) whereas there are other mods who are at the extreme end in the other direction by way of being all about the power they have over others.

Damn straight about Kat and Aye being classy ...
But I am not sure that was the product of an executive decision on their part.

They may just be classy people ... Still, we are going to have to deal with who we have ... Aye is still with us.
And remember ... Now is nothing like as bad as it was when they decided to restructure the forums ... Did away with the positive/negative rating system ...
And started delving into the idea of social engineering ... That's about the time they started treating all you folks like sheep ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last time I was in the FZ, ol Sonny was battling everyone along with Fury, GT had his Worlds Collide podcast and everyone was duking it out. That's how long it's been.
Some fond memories, some not so fond.

Last time I was in the FZ, ol Sonny was battling everyone along with Fury, GT had his Worlds Collide podcast and everyone was duking it out. That's how long it's been.

Oh, I couldn't tell you the date and don't really care to look it up ... But that brings back memories.

Sonny ... That old coot was something else.
Fury ... Didn't he try to take over the Flame Zone at one time?

If I remember correctly ... And there is no guarantee of that happening ... Fury actually tried to unseat Mani and Crew with a challenge to the 4F.
It seems as though his efforts went over like a brick ... He had greatly miscalculated his chances of success ... :auiqs.jpg:

And the 4F ... You got to admit ... It could get really funny at times ...
Some damn good creativity going on ... If you could handle the heat.

And then Mani ... When he got banned after giving away a major plot aspect of a newly released Star Wars movie on opening night ...
That's just Classic Mani and the Flame Zone.

You know what ... You could never build that again.
It was simply a moment in time ... Where we were all there together ... Creating the memories we have now.
Once it is gone ... It's gone ... And anything that comes after, will pale in comparison.

Thanks for the reminder though ... I'm going to hit the sack.
You ... Sleep Well and Pleasant Dreams

You could dish it out well Grace... especially back when you were Grace and not yet Gracie.

But when you got angry, you dished on those who stood with you... iow a loose canon.

They got angry with you and came after you.

Still Grace, you baked that cake.

Forum List

Back