who is the great whore in Revelation?

Do you believe that the pope is the antichrist?
Thanks for disabusing me of the notion that the pope is the antiChrist. We can all know w/ certainty now who is...

(not that I was certain this particular pope was...)

Yes, I believe so. The 7 refers to the famous 7 hills of Rome as well.
please

7 is the number of Christ
6 is the number of the devil

and besides that, I think we need a little more than... the geography of a particular city... but I get it that protestants are taught to hate Catholics irrationally

Speculation was discouraged in my discipleship class. the study of hermeneutics may be of help . Getting into the greek and Hebrew interpretations may help but others have been asking questions like this for ages.
i tend to think that the Catholics and the Protestant (mainline) folks will get together and do some ecumenical organizing and... voila'... the Great Whore... But maybe that term is meant for... all nations that forget God... As the Word says, those nations will be turned into Hell

The US was founded on Christian principles... We have not only come FAR FAR from such... we have gone into the sewer.. The "elites" are all whores at the feed trough called foreign and domestic corporate welfare... couldn't care less about the persons they steal #$$ from to go a-whoring with

Yes they are.99.9% of all religion on earth makes up the whore of babylon. Jesus started a single religion. Even Gods chosen back then rejected Jesus so God cut them off-Matt 23:37-38) Out of his great love, even though they hated Jesus, left the door open to them--They must accept Jesus as the one sent to them from God-The Messiah, they have outright refused for over 1950 years.
One religion on earth -listens and obeys Jesus. They are easy to spot-Jesus said they would be hated if they followed him.
well, Catholics are deeply hated

at least the ones who are devout and outspoken about the RCC..

well, Catholics are deeply hated

at least the ones who are devout and outspoken about the RCC..

Most on earth who have read the bible( even catholicisms own translation) can clearly see-They are exposed as false. They cannot understand simple bible milk even after over 1750 years.
Example-- In the NT, it is clear- Matthew 23:9--- Do not call any man Father on earth( this was not talking about a Dad) it was speaking of a spiritual teacher. Yet they are called Father The Pope is called holy Father--- God is the Holy Father.

As well Gods written word condemns the usage of statues, icons, graven images--Yet every church and household of those are filled with all 3.

I dont think they are hated, but they are exposed as false. Unfortunately they as well altered translation to fit false council teachings so not one of the protestant religions made corrections. They have become -- a house divided, they will not stand. All 34,000 of them. They must have missed this bible truth as well-1Corinthians 1:10--unity of thought, no division. It is a very sad reality.

Not cherry picking shit! Those were two I could think of off the top of my head! Your stupid ass think I was going list every religious quote from every signer of the Constitution! Your even more stupid than you write. Have a bad fucking day!

Oh noes, did I trigger yet another dumbass idiot commie faggot trying to peddle myths that have been exploded millions of times already?

please

7 is the number of Christ
6 is the number of the devil

and besides that, I think we need a little more than... the geography of a particular city... but I get it that protestants are taught to hate Catholics irrationally

Israel is the whore of Babylon.. The Bible tells you so over and over and over again.

Oh noes, did I trigger yet another dumbass idiot commie faggot trying to peddle myths that have been exploded millions of times already?
Join the ignore group motherfucker! Sadly rather than coming back with a reasonable response you try to intimidate some one with your childish fucking rants...What did you think I was suppose to do quote every god damn founder on the topic of religion? And who the fuck said anything about myths? Stay off the CRACK asshole your hallucinating...

Last edited:
Most on earth who have read the bible( even catholicisms own translation) can clearly see-They are exposed as false. They cannot understand simple bible milk even after over 1750 years.
Example-- In the NT, it is clear- Matthew 23:9--- Do not call any man Father on earth( this was not talking about a Dad) it was speaking of a spiritual teacher. Yet they are called Father The Pope is called holy Father--- God is the Holy Father.

As well Gods written word condemns the usage of statues, icons, graven images--Yet every church and household of those are filled with all 3.

I dont think they are hated, but they are exposed as false. Unfortunately they as well altered translation to fit false council teachings so not one of the protestant religions made corrections. They have become -- a house divided, they will not stand. All 34,000 of them. They must have missed this bible truth as well-1Corinthians 1:10--unity of thought, no division. It is a very sad reality.

Are you IFB?

Israel is the whore of Babylon.. The Bible tells you so over and over and over again.

Yes, and specifically in Revelation 11:8. It doesn't get any clearer than that, unless you're a ignorant Catholic basher who will ignore any and all other writings in order to peddle a political agenda. Rome is probably 'The Beast of the Sea'.

The Woman = Jerusalem

The most compelling evidence that the woman is Jerusalem is that scripture says it's where Jesus was crucified! (Revelation 11:8). Compare Jerusalem before her Judgment: (Revelation 11:8) and after Her Judgment (Revelation 21:10).

There are two Jerusalem's. One was the literal, fleshly type of the true, spiritual Jerusalem. One was the Zion of Israel - the abode or rallying point of God's chosen nation, the other was the true Zion - the Abode of God and by extension the spiritual Home/Abode of His people where they are written and their spirits assemble before Him in awe and worship.

Jerusalem was once the Beautiful City of God, but now she has become a den of devils and full of idolatries and filthy abominations. God is going to judge Her and give her name to the spiritually faithful - those from both the nation of Israel and the heathen nations. Thus will His "Jerusalem" and His "Zion" be pure.

God also uses the term "this great city" to refer to Jerusalem in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 22:6-9).

The Woman has killed the Saints - the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus (Revelation 11:8; 17:6; 18: 20,24).

Jerusalem has killed the Saints - the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus (Matthew 23:29-36; Luke 6:22-23, 26; 11:47-52; 13:28,33-34; Acts 2:23,36; 3:15; 4:10; 5:30; 7:51-52; Romans 11:2-5; 1 Corinthians 2:7-8; 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, James 5:10).

Mt. Zion & Jerusalem are the Capital City for the Saints (Hebrews 12:18,22-24).

Heaven is The Country for Saints: (Philippians 3:20, Hebrews 11:13-16, Galatians 4:24-26, Psalm 48:2; 74:2; 76:2; 87:5, Matthew 5:34-35).

The "Dragon" was the source of power and authority for the Beast (also referred to as the serpent, the Devil, and Satan at Revelation 12:9, 20:2). Were the Romans ever called "children of the devil"? The Jews were: (John 8:44; Acts 13:10; 1 John 3:10)! The Jews were also called "serpents" and "offspring of vipers" (Matthew 23:33)! And that same verse (Matthew 23:33) condemns them to a fiery end similar to the end of the Beast and his followers (Revelation 19:19-21)!

The 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9) refer to Jerusalem, not Rome. The seven mountains upon which Jerusalem was built are Mount Zion, Mount Ophel, Mount Moriah, Mount Bezetha, Mount Acra, Mount Gareb, and Mount Goath.

Some might ask, "If the 'whore' is Jerusalem, how could the 'beast' be Nero Caesar, from Rome? Would not the "beast" be someone who rules over Jerusalem? The answer is that Caesar DID rule over Jerusalem. The highest religious authorities in Jerusalem, and all the Jews living in Jerusalem, even admitted that Caesar is their king (John 19:15).

.... and much more. Only people who have never read the NT would try and claim otherwise.

Yes, and specifically in Revelation 11:8. It doesn't get any clearer than that, unless you're a ignorant Catholic basher who will ignore any and all other writings in order to peddle a political agenda. Rome is probably 'The Beast of the Sea'.

The Woman = Jerusalem

The most compelling evidence that the woman is Jerusalem is that scripture says it's where Jesus was crucified! (Revelation 11:8). Compare Jerusalem before her Judgment: (Revelation 11:8) and after Her Judgment (Revelation 21:10).

There are two Jerusalem's. One was the literal, fleshly type of the true, spiritual Jerusalem. One was the Zion of Israel - the abode or rallying point of God's chosen nation, the other was the true Zion - the Abode of God and by extension the spiritual Home/Abode of His people where they are written and their spirits assemble before Him in awe and worship.

Jerusalem was once the Beautiful City of God, but now she has become a den of devils and full of idolatries and filthy abominations. God is going to judge Her and give her name to the spiritually faithful - those from both the nation of Israel and the heathen nations. Thus will His "Jerusalem" and His "Zion" be pure.

God also uses the term "this great city" to refer to Jerusalem in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 22:6-9).

The Woman has killed the Saints - the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus (Revelation 11:8; 17:6; 18: 20,24).

Jerusalem has killed the Saints - the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus (Matthew 23:29-36; Luke 6:22-23, 26; 11:47-52; 13:28,33-34; Acts 2:23,36; 3:15; 4:10; 5:30; 7:51-52; Romans 11:2-5; 1 Corinthians 2:7-8; 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, James 5:10).

Mt. Zion & Jerusalem are the Capital City for the Saints (Hebrews 12:18,22-24).

Heaven is The Country for Saints: (Philippians 3:20, Hebrews 11:13-16, Galatians 4:24-26, Psalm 48:2; 74:2; 76:2; 87:5, Matthew 5:34-35).

The "Dragon" was the source of power and authority for the Beast (also referred to as the serpent, the Devil, and Satan at Revelation 12:9, 20:2). Were the Romans ever called "children of the devil"? The Jews were: (John 8:44; Acts 13:10; 1 John 3:10)! The Jews were also called "serpents" and "offspring of vipers" (Matthew 23:33)! And that same verse (Matthew 23:33) condemns them to a fiery end similar to the end of the Beast and his followers (Revelation 19:19-21)!

The 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9) refer to Jerusalem, not Rome.

The seven mountains upon which Jerusalem was built are Mount Zion, Mount Ophel, Mount Moriah, Mount Bezetha, Mount Acra, Mount Gareb, and Mount Goath.

Some might ask, "If the 'whore' is Jerusalem, how could the 'beast' be Nero Caesar, from Rome? Would not the "beast" be someone who rules over Jerusalem? The answer is that Caesar DID rule over Jerusalem. The highest religious authorities in Jerusalem, and all the Jews living in Jerusalem, even admitted that Caesar is their king (John 19:15).

.... and much more. Only people who have never read the NT would try and claim otherwise.

Good post if anyone is interested in learning.

When Martin Luther fell out with the Catholic Church he started teaching that Rome was the Whore of Babylon in direct contradiction to the OT scriptures and the prophets who were forever scolding Israel for backsliding.

Join the ignore group motherfucker! Sadly rather than coming back with a reasonable response you try to intimidate some one with your childish fucking rants...What did you think I was suppose to do quote every god damn founder on the topic of religion? And who the fuck said anything about myths? Stay off the CRACK asshole your hallucinating...

So that's a 'Yes'. We already knew that.

All false religion is the whore of babylon. She is about to be done away with. By the 7 headed beast with 10 horns.

The prophets of the OT say over and over and over again that Israel goes whoring after false gods.. that she's a whore and a harlot.

You're dumb as shit. Are you IFB? Have you ever even read the Bigle?

The prophets of the OT say over and over and over again that Israel goes whoring after false gods.. that she's a whore and a harlot.

You're dumb as shit. Are you IFB? Have you ever even read the Bigle?

Yes all false religion whores after false gods--every one of them. Are you immature that you have to call names? I read the bible many times. Jesus is with 1 single religion--the rest make up the whore of babylon. Have you read the bible.

Forum List

Back