Who is Keith Ellison?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
As a law student, Ellison began to write of his adulation for the “Minister Louis Farrakhan,” and the Nation of Islam. Ellison became involved with the Nation of Islam, promoting Louis Farrakhan’s “Million Man March” and appearing on stage for the “thundering, racist diatribe” stylings of Khalid Abdul Muhammad.

For eight years, Ellison also “forgot” to pay his federal taxes, prompting the IRS to place liens against his house. He also ignored so many parking and speeding tickets issued to him that his driver’s license was suspended, multiple times.

In 1992, Ellison defended Sharif Willis—a previously convicted murderer—charged with helping a group of gangsters calling themselves the “Vice Lords” to kill a local cop named Jerry Haaf. Other cop-killers that Ellison has promoted and defended over the years include Mumia Abu Jamal and Assata Shakur.

Two years later, Ellison added the surname “Muhammed” to his repertoire, serving as a local Nation of Islam spokesman.

Over the years, Ellison has held or appeared at fundraisers and speaking engagements for multiple organizations associated with Islamic extremists, including the Council for American-Islamic Relations, the Muslim American Society, the Islamic Circle of America, the Islamic Society of North America, the Muslim Public Affairs Council, and so on.

The Curious Case of Keith

King- anti-American?

An actor.

And a puppet.

A liar, and a cheat.

Probably just a coincidence that he's a lawyer.
:eusa_whistle:

He cannot take his oath of office seriously and be a devout muslim.
Islam requires the establishment of Sharia .
So which is he?

Isn't it curious that we've all learned about King's "support" for the IRA 25 years ago, yet this is the first I've heard about Ellison's association with the Nation of Islam. And according to Sunni Man, those anti-semites aren't "true Muslims".

Ellison was on O'Reilly the other night. Even Bill neglected to ask about his apparent conflict of interest. Hmmmm.

Questions about Ellison's involvement with the Nation of Islam arose during his 2006 campaign. After winning the Democratic party nomination in May, he wrote a letter to the local Jewish Community Relations Council where he reportedly "asserted that his involvement with the Nation of Islam had been limited to an 18-month period around the time of the Million Man March in 1995, that he had been unfamiliar with the Nation of Islam's anti-Semitic views during his involvement with the group, and that he himself had never expressed such views." He also stated that he was never a member of the Nation of Islam, but only worked with it to organize the Minnesota contingent to the Million Man March, and has insisted he is a Sunni Muslim.

In Ellison's letter, he denounced the Nation of Islam and Farrakhan, writing "I wrongly dismissed concerns that they [Farrakhan's remarks] were anti-Semitic. They were and are anti-Semitic and I should have come to that conclusion earlier than I did." He explained his previous views, saying that he, "did not adequately scrutinize the positions and statements of the Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan, and Khalid Muhammed." He also stated that "any kind of discrimination and hate are wrong. This has always been my position".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison_(politician)

Questions about Ellison's involvement with the Nation of Islam arose during his 2006 campaign. After winning the Democratic party nomination in May, he wrote a letter to the local Jewish Community Relations Council where he reportedly "asserted that his involvement with the Nation of Islam had been limited to an 18-month period around the time of the Million Man March in 1995, that he had been unfamiliar with the Nation of Islam's anti-Semitic views during his involvement with the group, and that he himself had never expressed such views." He also stated that he was never a member of the Nation of Islam, but only worked with it to organize the Minnesota contingent to the Million Man March, and has insisted he is a Sunni Muslim.

In Ellison's letter, he denounced the Nation of Islam and Farrakhan, writing "I wrongly dismissed concerns that they [Farrakhan's remarks] were anti-Semitic. They were and are anti-Semitic and I should have come to that conclusion earlier than I did." He explained his previous views, saying that he, "did not adequately scrutinize the positions and statements of the Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan, and Khalid Muhammed." He also stated that "any kind of discrimination and hate are wrong. This has always been my position".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison_(politician)

I guess we'd have to question Ellison's judgement and ability to be a good congressmens, if he had never heard of Luis Farrakhan and the Nation of islam's racist views before the million man march.:doubt:

I had the misfortune to stay at the same hotel as Louis Farrakhan once a few years ago. That guy, and his goons, are a fucking scary bunch of people. Not because they are Muslims, but because they are some of the most blatant racists I have ever had the misfortune to come across.

Did you read the article? Defending cop killers and associating with the Nation of Islam is the issue. Not his religion. Sheez.
.....i.e. He's BLACK!!!

woman_screaming1.png

Did you read the article? Defending cop killers and associating with the Nation of Islam is the issue. Not his religion. Sheez.

You might want to look at Mr. Fitnah's comments, chanel.

And I remember this all once before with Catholics in office...or as they were called...Papists.

You can draw a logical comparison between Catholicism and Islam, but comparing Catholics to the Nation of Islam is seriously offensive. I've never seen a delegation of Catholics tell white people that they are 'not welcome here'.... and that's what one of Farahakkans goons said to white people staying in the same hotel as them. On the bright side, the management gave us free drinks to apologize.

Devil's advocate here. Suppose Congress wanted to hold hearings on the priest scandals. 1. Most Catholics would be supportive 2. The MSM would cream their pants over the Catholic bashing

Compare that to what is going on with the terrorism hearings.

Forum List

Back