Who is buying all the housing

and or renting all the APTS and condos? According to this a recored number of "kids" havent left home. Youa re closing in on zero pou;ation growth and the Boomers are leaving.
Record 33% Of Young Americans Living With Parents | ZeroHedge
People already out on their own, like normal people, taking advantage of the steadily improving economy and thinking it is going to continue to improve? That is when I have bought homes.
I'm saying shouldnt we have a housing overstock? Giant APT complexes are being thrown up around here like crazy.

and or renting all the APTS and condos? According to this a recored number of "kids" havent left home. Youa re closing in on zero pou;ation growth and the Boomers are leaving.
People already out on their own, like normal people, taking advantage of the steadily improving economy and thinking it is going to continue to improve? That is when I have bought homes.
I'm saying shouldnt we have a housing overstock? Giant APT complexes are being thrown up around here like crazy.
Cool. Sounds like the movers and shakers in your area have high hope for a continued and rising economy. Really like hearing of stuff like that from people on the ground in the area, like yourself. Impresses me more than well written articles in mass media. What state or area are you in?

Cool. Sounds like the movers and shakers in your area have high hope for a continued and rising economy. Really like hearing of stuff like that from people on the ground in the area, like yourself. Impresses me more than well written articles in mass media. What state or area are you in?
Don't ya need people to fill em?

Mpls St Paul. Nobody smart would move here

Wow. Would have never guessed. Glad you guys are upbeat on the economy. Wish you luck with the rest of the crap going up there. Sorry for what you guys are going through, dude.

Wow. Would have never guessed. Glad you guys are upbeat on the economy. Wish you luck with the rest of the crap going up there. Sorry for what you guys are going through, dude.
I ain't going thru it. 4th tier suburb. No big job explosion going on,

According to this a recored number of "kids" havent left home.
Kids are confused, as I was in my youth.
I, too, thought the Constitution of the United States was still in effect. How sadly mistaken I was.
Yes sir , this is how ridiculous it has gotten . Innocent until proven guilty, shall not be infringed . Basic God given rights, democrats control everything through voter fraud and a rigged election. Kiss your rights goodbye. Sad but true , but what can you do if you can't vote the dems out , they own the voting machines.

There is a housing shortage, home values are through the roof, in more affluent and desirable locations, many homes are selling for far more than the asking price, due to bidding wars.

There is a housing shortage, home values are through the roof, in more affluent and desirable locations, many homes are selling for far more than the asking price, due to bidding wars.
People are escaping Blue shitholes and countries South of the Border.

people are escaping covid moving here..we were the last county to have a positive test in nc.....and have outdoor activities etc...so many got the move to the country fever....houses are spending about 10 days on the market...bidding wars on houses etc...

I ain't going thru it. 4th tier suburb. No big job explosion going on,
Glad to hear it. Reading the news and the board, you would think it was the downfall of society everywhere up there.

When buying a house costs at least 600K and renting is 3K/month, it’s great for established home and property owners but is too much of an onus for “kids” making less than in the mid 100K range.

Your numbers are so not reflective of our local prices. A newly built 3-4 bedroom home with a double carport and unfinished basement runs $150K-$180K here. Anyway, nationally, we have a net gain of around 600K new housing units a year (New units less destroyed/demolished units) when we need something closer to a million. We have supply constraints that are driving up the price of new construction so I do not expect to see that gap narrowed much. Some of the issues are regulatory. Some are related to lack of skilled labor. Some are related to the cost of land/materials. Locally, we have an oversupply of housing due to a declining population but demand is through the roof in mid price-point housing where there is a shortage of supply. Hopefully this will encourage people to look at investing in renovating some of the older housing stock that otherwise would fall to backhoes in the coming decades.

not in Vegas.....there are houses going up all over out here and someone is buying them.....

When buying a house costs at least 600K and renting is 3K/month, it’s great for established home and property owners but is too much of an onus for “kids” making less than in the mid 100K range.

Your numbers are so not reflective of our local prices. A newly built 3-4 bedroom home with a double carport and unfinished basement runs $150K-$180K here. Anyway, nationally, we have a net gain of around 600K new housing units a year (New units less destroyed/demolished units) when we need something closer to a million. We have supply constraints that are driving up the price of new construction so I do not expect to see that gap narrowed much. Some of the issues are regulatory. Some are related to lack of skilled labor. Some are related to the cost of land/materials. Locally, we have an oversupply of housing due to a declining population but demand is through the roof in mid price-point housing where there is a shortage of supply. Hopefully this will encourage people to look at investing in renovating some of the older housing stock that otherwise would fall to backhoes in the coming decades.
I don’t know where you live.

In Nassau County, just about every home purchase results in a 100% gutting out of the old house replaced by a semi-to full mansion.
I don’t know where people are getting the money or how they pay their mortgage.

Forum List

Back