Who is buying all the housing

and or renting all the APTS and condos? According to this a recored number of "kids" havent left home. Youa re closing in on zero pou;ation growth and the Boomers are leaving.
Record 33% Of Young Americans Living With Parents | ZeroHedge
People already out on their own, like normal people, taking advantage of the steadily improving economy and thinking it is going to continue to improve? That is when I have bought homes.
I'm saying shouldnt we have a housing overstock? Giant APT complexes are being thrown up around here like crazy.

There is a housing shortage, home values are through the roof, in more affluent and desirable locations, many homes are selling for far more than the asking price, due to bidding wars.
People are escaping Blue shitholes and countries South of the Border.

The main places you are finding that ridiculously expensive housing is in the more desirable locations, which is mainly in blue states. Red state shitholes are typified by lower incomes, lower education levels, lower physical fitness and the highest rates of obesity.

and or renting all the APTS and condos? According to this a recored number of "kids" havent left home. Youa re closing in on zero pou;ation growth and the Boomers are leaving.
People already out on their own, like normal people, taking advantage of the steadily improving economy and thinking it is going to continue to improve? That is when I have bought homes.
I'm saying shouldnt we have a housing overstock? Giant APT complexes are being thrown up around here like crazy.

There is a housing shortage, home values are through the roof, in more affluent and desirable locations, many homes are selling for far more than the asking price, due to bidding wars.
People are escaping Blue shitholes and countries South of the Border.

The only places you are finding those ridiculously expensive housing is in the more desirable locations, which is mainly in blue states. Red state shitholes are typified by lower incomes, lower education levels, lower physical fitness and the highest rates of obesity.

Stay in your trailer park, you'll be fine.
I’m sorry to inform you that Florida and Texas are exploding.
Nassau County is getting Hindus, Muslims and some pockets of Jews who own businesses that they can’t run remotely.
Everyone else is moving to North Carolina to low tax areas.

We've had a building boom in Las Vegas despite us having the highest rate of unemployment last year during the pandemic. It eclipsed 30% for a while. The reason for this is we already had a housing shortage prior to COVID and the influx of Californians hasn't stopped. It's hiking up property values which is a good thing for those of us who already own a home. We sold our house back in January and bought a new one. We lived in the last one just five years and made a pretty penny on selling it.

Texas is exploding because corporations are moving there, and dragging along their employees. When corporations have little to no regulations to worry about, as well as ultra low taxes, they go to Texas, and I feel sorry for those employees who have to follow them there for their job, because that state is a shithole.

We've had a building boom in Las Vegas despite us having the highest rate of unemployment last year during the pandemic. It eclipsed 30% for a while. The reason for this is we already had a housing shortage prior to COVID and the influx of Californians hasn't stopped. It's hiking up property values which is a good thing for those of us who already own a home. We sold our house back in January and bought a new one. We lived in the last one just five years and made a pretty penny on selling it.
Dont you worry about the water situation?

The southwest has been in a water situation since the late 90s. In any case, we don't plan to stay here longer than maybe the next five years. We would like to move back to the east coast.

The southwest has been in a water situation since the late 90s. In any case, we don't plan to stay here longer than maybe the next five years. We would like to move back to the east coast.
I know,,we were out to Vegas shortly after that and when I saw the bath tub ring at the dam and them them digging furiously I couldnt believe there was no restrictions on water use nor did I comprehend the housing boom. Seemed suicidal.

Don't worry, Biden's refugees will be moving in soon.

Don't worry, Biden's refugees will be moving in soon.
Thats what I'm wondering. Have 4 brand new megaplex apt locations within 2 miles of the house.

The main places you are finding that ridiculously expensive housing is in the more desirable locations, which is mainly in blue states. Red state shitholes are typified by lower incomes, lower education levels, lower physical fitness and the highest rates of obesity.

Housing is expensive there because the cost of living is so high. Between union support and taxation, it's almost impossible to live comfortably in blue states.

I watch HGTV when global warming goes away. The houses I see people buy for 800K, you can buy in my purple state for about 300K.

The movement now if for businesses, individuals and families leaving blue states heading for those lower income, lower educated, lower physical fitness red states. That's not the problem. The problem is when they get to those states, vote for the same party that destroyed their last state.

Housing is expensive there because the cost of living is so high. Between union support and taxation, it's almost impossible to live comfortably in blue states.

I watch HGTV when global warming goes away. The houses I see people buy for 800K, you can buy in my purple state for about 300K.

The movement now if for businesses, individuals and families leaving blue states heading for those lower income, lower educated, lower physical fitness red states. That's not the problem. The problem is when they get to those states, vote for the same party that destroyed their last state.

They raise the standard of living in those red states. The residents of those states can continue to live like serfs and indentured servants if they want to, or they can join the 21st century, with the influx of new residents, they now have a choice they never had before.

When buying a house costs at least 600K and renting is 3K/month, it’s great for established home and property owners but is too much of an onus for “kids” making less than in the mid 100K range.

I've been a landlord for over 25 years now. Since the housing collapse, I've never seen the rental market so in demand before. Besides the price of housing, younger people don't want to deal with the problems of home ownership. I understand many younger people lease their car, rent their furniture, and even rent all their appliances. They just don't want to deal with the headache of who to call when something breaks down. If any problem arises, they only want to make one phone call to have it resolved.

The last ad I ran for an apartment was over 6 years ago because once people move here, they don't want to leave. It was in February when I usually get one reply a week to my ad. The last time, I had a dozen replies in one day; some saying they'll take the apartment sight unseen. Others were offering me double the security deposit. There are no apartments around here to rent.

They raise the standard of living in those red states. The residents of those states can continue to live like serfs and indentured servants if they want to, or they can join the 21st century, with the influx of new residents, they now have a choice they never had before.

Then why are they leaving those blue states for red states?

Just because you make less money doesn't mean you are living less comfortably. Making $25.00 in NYC you're lucky to get a one bedroom apartment in some decrepit building and a bathroom in the hallway for all the residents on the floor. You can live in my state much more comfortably making $17.00 an hour.

When my cousin got married she moved to California because her new husband got a job down there. They had kids, got a divorce, and she had to rent out her in-law suite just to make ends meet because of course child support stopped when the girls turned 18 years old. Now she's talking about moving back to Cleveland because it's so much more affordable to live here than there. I mean......if you are a CPA and are barely making ends meet, it tells you how awful the cost of living is.

Condos in not really great areas of Santa Ana Ca. going for well over 300k. That's for less than 800 sq. ft. if you can find one for sale. Some one's buying them.

Condos in not really great areas of Santa Ana Ca. going for well over 300k. That's for less than 800 sq. ft. if you can find one for sale. Some one's buying them.

Yeah, but condos usually have a maintenance agreement so people don't have to deal with the problems. My father built my sister a beautiful house when she got married. It was all quality material that went into it. She sold it two years ago because she couldn't keep it up. She works a lot of hours and didn't need that big house now that the kids are gone. She always hated yard work anyway. My father now 89 years old just can't help her all that much help anymore.

Now she's living in a town house, and complaining that they are already increasing the price of their maintenance plan. She said she'd like to have this tree or this plant, but the HOA won't let her have them. They decide what you can and cannot plant. I could never live that way.

I don't pay any HOA or maintenance plan, I'm the maintenance plan. I remove the snow, I cut the lawn, and I decide what I will or will not plant in my own yard.

Yeah, but condos usually have a maintenance agreement so people don't have to deal with the problems. My father built my sister a beautiful house when she got married. It was all quality material that went into it. She sold it two years ago because she couldn't keep it up. She works a lot of hours and didn't need that big house now that the kids are gone. She always hated yard work anyway. My father now 89 years old just can't help her all that much help anymore.

Now she's living in a town house, and complaining that they are already increasing the price of their maintenance plan. She said she'd like to have this tree or this plant, but the HOA won't let her have them. They decide what you can and cannot plant. I could never live that way.

I don't pay any HOA or maintenance plan, I'm the maintenance plan. I remove the snow, I cut the lawn, and I decide what I will or will not plant in my own yard.
Maintenance agreement goes with the territory. This group of condos are both rentals as well as owner occupied. My point is the demand for housing here is not letting up like they say it is. My son bought a two bedroom two bath unit a few y ears ago for less than 200k. They go for just under 400 k now. I told him he should sell. I Myself wouldn't buy any real estate in southern cal. because of earth quakes. If the San Andreas fault lets loose it'll be a disaster that's unreal. Anyway, good luck on your properties.

Maintenance agreement goes with the territory. This group of condos are both rentals as well as owner occupied. My point is the demand for housing here is not letting up like they say it is. My son bought a two bedroom two bath unit a few y ears ago for less than 200k. They go for just under 400 k now. I told him he should sell. I Myself wouldn't buy any real estate in southern cal. because of earth quakes. If the San Andreas fault lets loose it'll be a disaster that's unreal. Anyway, good luck on your properties.

Well if it's true that housing is going up and rentals are still rare, then the only explanation is that we are letting too many people into this country and our population is growing too fast. To be honest, unless you are a professional married to a professional, I can't understand how anybody can afford a new house these days.

Forum List

Back