Who here favors expanding the Supreme Court?

it takes a legislative package passed by both houses of congress and signed by the president, just like any other law.

If Biden wins and Dems take the Senate, Dems can change the rules and pack the court.
Republicans would not be allowed to filibuster.

God forbid. If the lefty nuts hold the entire Congress and the White House our country will fall from the top in short order. The left are that dumb.

The courts are now a political toy.

Do whatever you can get away with. Stack the courts. Block appointments. Hold seats open until you have a favorable Presidency. Nuclear option appointments

Without cheating the dems have no chance at all at beating Trump this November. I haven't seen one Biden sign/flag/or bumper sticker this year. Not one. Even Hildebeast had supporters showing support last election, but old senile creepy bribe taking joe has nothing.

Worse for the dems is that 36% of blacks are approving of Trump-------without the blacks preferably multivoting --the dems can't win any race.

Ergo without the Chinese driver licenses allowing the same idiots to vote in multiple areas and under multiple names and the dead voting with the illegals voting and the dogs and cats and the mentally ill being allowed to send ballots by mail (which they are literally receiving in Virginia)---the dems have no chance.

Supreme Court has gotten way away from its intention by the founders. It needs to be reeled in. Not expanded.

The courts are now a political toy.

Do whatever you can get away with. Stack the courts. Block appointments. Hold seats open until you have a favorable Presidency. Nuclear option appointments

Without cheating the dems have no chance at all at beating Trump this November. I haven't seen one Biden sign/flag/or bumper sticker this year. Not one. Even Hildebeast had supporters showing support last election, but old senile creepy bribe taking joe has nothing.

Worse for the dems is that 36% of blacks are approving of Trump-------without the blacks preferably multivoting --the dems can't win any race.

Ergo without the Chinese driver licenses allowing the same idiots to vote in multiple areas and under multiple names and the dead voting with the illegals voting and the dogs and cats and the mentally ill being allowed to send ballots by mail (which they are literally receiving in Virginia)---the dems have no chance.

MAGA hats and lawn signs do not vote
They only announce the stupidity of the bearer

it takes a legislative package passed by both houses of congress and signed by the president, just like any other law.

If Biden wins and Dems take the Senate, Dems can change the rules and pack the court.

God forbid. If the lefty nuts hold the entire Congress and the White House our country will fall from the top in short order. The left are that dumb.
Let the voters decide

I don't consider a republican senate majority implementing the same level of gridlock against a judicial appointment as a democrat senate minority exercised against multiple judicial appointments prior, to be the underhanded equivalence of shitting on the separation of powers in order to gain a political advantage, no.

You don’t consider denying a President the right to fill a vacancy to be a problem?

ROFLMFAO

Exactly where does that RIGHT exist? He has a RIGHT TO NOMINATE, not fill. That requires the consent of the senate.

And the Senate refused to allow him to present any candidate.
If they wanted to reject Garland, Obama could have presented another candidate.
Just because they can do something doesn’t mean they should.

Just like packing the court. You realize that Congress CAN do that. Doesnt mean they should.

To me, I would say they shouldn’t. However, if RBG dies and Republicans rush through a replacement as lame ducks.

Do what you gotta do Dems

So what stopped maobama from withdrawing Garland's nomination and nominating someone more agreeable to the senate? Can you say, NOTHING?

But admit it commie, if the parties were reversed in 2016, you'd be dancing with joy. And if the parties were reversed today and a vacancy occurred, you'd be pushing for it to be filled post haste. Hypocrisy, thy name is commiecrat.

You're making an assumption that the commies will hold the house, which would be needed to do a damn thing about changing the court.

you don’t see Republicans trying to radically change the rules expeditiously like watering down by expanding the size of the court.

Republicans did radically change the rules by leaving the Court with a vacant seat for a year and expanding the Nuclear Option to the Supreme Court.

Packing the Court is just the next step in Tit for Tat

So you admit you lied in post 219, got it.

So what stopped maobama from withdrawing Garland's nomination and nominating someone more agreeable to the senate? Can you say, NOTHING?

Maybe it had something to do with the Senate not even interviewing Garland and refusing to even consider him. The same Senate who had already confirmed Garland in a lower court.

Maybe it had something to do with McConnell pronouncing he would not consider any candidate in an election year

you don’t see Republicans trying to radically change the rules expeditiously like watering down by expanding the size of the court.

Republicans did radically change the rules by leaving the Court with a vacant seat for a year and expanding the Nuclear Option to the Supreme Court.

Did you miss the class on Sarcasm when you went to school?

Republicans will eventually get over the Dems packing the courts.
Just like Democrats forgive and forgot Merrick Garland

You're making an assumption that the commies will hold the house, which would be needed to do a damn thing about changing the court.

Yup, I am making that assumption.
I think Dems will even pick up seats in the House

But admit it commie, if the parties were reversed in 2016, you'd be dancing with joy.

Actually, if my party did it in 2016, I would be embarrassed.
It was the wrong thing to do.
I am surprised how Republicans swallowed their integrity and looked the other way

Long ago during the reign of FDR the nation experienced the Progressive attack on Constitutional law known as the Court Packing Scheme. Many of you probably have never even heard of it in school because schools only cast a favorable light on Progressives such as FDR, but it happened nonetheless. Essentially, SCOTUS had just struck down FDR's New Deal in many regards and he was pissed out of his mind, so he came up with a scheme to add Supreme Court Justices who would pass his legislation. Luckily, no one else wanted to go along with this blatant attempt to subvert the checks and balances set up by the Founders that stood in FDR's way. And Americans were overwhelmingly against the idea as well. This sort of corruption is what later prompted Congress to act to limit the terms of the President, with FDR who had just achieved his third term.

However, FDR is a Progressive god to Progressives today, and they are wanting to follow in his footsteps by trying to do what he tried to do long ago. The difference today is that you have about half the populace ready to follow the DNC no matter what it does or says, as opposed to Americans back in the 1040's who were aghast at the corruption of FDR and his Court Packing Scheme. Mark my words, once back in power they will attempt this because their agenda is so radical, they will need to rewrite the Constitution with the help of their Supreme Court Justice stooges.

So who here agrees with it?

The reasoning in the article was this:

“We can’t go on like this where every time there’s a vacancy, there’s this apocalyptic ideological battle,” he added.

But how would the ideological battle change with more Supreme Court justices? It makes not sense. Essentially, the battles would rage even more as more and more would need to be appointed.

This sort of thing is what we have to look forward to with a Biden win

Where in the Constitution does it limited the number of SCOTUS judges?

How exactly does packing the court violate the Constitution?

Please post the Article and section of the Constitution that would be violated.

Maybe it had something to do with the Senate not even interviewing Garland and refusing to even consider him. The same Senate who had already confirmed Garland in a lower court.

Maybe it had something to do with McConnell pronouncing he would not consider any candidate in an election year

Perhaps if Garland hadn't produced such bad decisions he would have warranted consideration. And don't think I didn't notice your refusal to address the rest of the post.

Sarcasm? It appeared to be your normal trolling and lies.

Perhaps if Garland hadn't produced such bad decisions he would have warranted consideration. And don't think I didn't notice your refusal to address the rest of the post.

Name some
Garland was rated as Moderate Left.

Sarcasm? It appeared to be your normal trolling and lies.

1597162556030.gif

Yeah, your folks keep looting, rioting and burning cities, sounds like a great political plan. ROFLMAO Independents and even normal dems aren't going to support that shit. The only thing you commies are doing, is creating a scenario to get your clock cleaned.

Name some
Garland was rated as Moderate Left.

Voting to revisit Heller was enough to get him rated hard left and proved him to be an activist. We don't need people like him on the highest court in the land, he has no respect for the Constitution.

Yeah, your folks keep looting, rioting and burning cities, sounds like a great political plan. ROFLMAO Independents and even normal dems aren't going to support that shit. The only thing you commies are doing, is creating a scenario to get your clock cleaned.

Donot see much rioting and looting going on in most cities

I do see people out of work and catching COVID

Forum List

Back