Who has constitutional rights?

Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

The Founding Fathers seem to be operating under the assumption that rights are God-given, not Constitution-given.

Sorry, but everyone has rights.

The constitution uses the words "people" and "person" rather than the word "citizen" so logically one would conclude the rights pertain to everyone.

2nd: The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. It doesn't say the right of the CITIZEN.

Imagine the nightmare you would create if you would say if someone snuck into the country illegally they don't have a right to a fair trial anymore. That would make illegal entry a free ride straight to prison.

As much as I hate illegals, our constitution applies to everyone who is on our land. Legal citizen or not.
They use the words people and persons of the USA

Sorry, but everyone has rights.

The constitution uses the words "people" and "person" rather than the word "citizen" so logically one would conclude the rights pertain to everyone.

2nd: The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. It doesn't say the right of the CITIZEN.

Imagine the nightmare you would create if you would say if someone snuck into the country illegally they don't have a right to a fair trial anymore. That would make illegal entry a free ride straight to prison.

As much as I hate illegals, our constitution applies to everyone who is on our land. Legal citizen or not.
Legal rights
Not constitutional
The difference has been discussed over a dozen times

Actually anyone on U.S. soil is protected by the U.S. Constitution. Would you have it any other way? While illegal aliens enjoy protection from the U.S. Constitution they do not enjoy the benefits of U.S. Citizens and in fact they are outlaws who are subject to arrest and incarceration based on federal and state and local law.

No
Not if illegally here. Now they have to be handled legally but right to vote and received monetary benefits of immigrants or citizens had not been codified yet although lib loons are pushing mightly
Those aren't Constitutional RIGHTS.
If you murder one, you'll find out quickly they share your basic right to life. All human beings are protected by these rights. Rights come from God. They are not for Man to give or take. We only recognize them, or we don't, but they still exist

You mean you have to wait for them to kill people before you can kill them? I don’t think so.
No, that's not what I mean. You can kill anyone in SELF DEFENSE. But we don't have any law that says you can kill them because they are here illegally.You CAN deport them or jail them because they are here illegally but they DO have Constitutional rights within our border.

This isn't hard.

Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

The Founding Fathers seem to be operating under the assumption that rights are God-given, not Constitution-given.
The declaration of independence is not a legal document but that aside, I am trying to understand your point?

Are you saying that the constitution is pointless and we should just do whatever God we worship allows?

What about atheists? Do they have no rights or infinite rights?

The declaration of independence is not a legal document but that aside, I am trying to understand your point?

Are you saying that the constitution is pointless and we should just do whatever God we worship allows?

I'm trying to explain the political worldview of the people who founded the US. Understand that and you'll understand why "Constitutional rights" doesn't really make sense.

Actually anyone on U.S. soil is protected by the U.S. Constitution. Would you have it any other way? While illegal aliens enjoy protection from the U.S. Constitution they do not enjoy the benefits of U.S. Citizens and in fact they are outlaws who are subject to arrest and incarceration based on federal and state and local law.
Constitutional rights are reserved for American citizens and legal immigrants. Of course we want it that way

I'm trying to explain the political worldview of the people who founded the US. Understand that and you'll understand why "Constitutional rights" doesn't really make sense.
Yet those same people wrote the constitution and the first amendment in the bill of rights.

Please explain.

Fiat Currency owned by Private concerns.

No
Not if illegally here.

Yes, if they are illegally here, hence, the reason we have immigration courts

Now they have to be handled legally but right to vote and received monetary benefits of immigrants or citizens had not been codified yet although lib loons are pushing mightly

None of those things are Constitutional rights.

Constitutional rights are reserved for American citizens and legal immigrants. Of course we want it that way
If that were true, they wouldn't be inalienable rights. They would be given by government. Government doesn't GRANT rights. Your emotions on this topic prevent you thinking clearly

Forum List

Back