Who are the unemployed?

I was watching Jeopardy tonight and saw a commercial with Mitten expressing "concern" over jobs and it got me thinking.

I have five siblings, all are married, none of them or their spouses are unemployed and in fact have the same jobs they had for at least the past 10 years. I have over 30 cousins, and their spouses, who also are not unemployed and have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more. My husband has three siblings, and they, and their spouses have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more, with one exception: an in-law that was layed off during the Bush administration and never went back to work (an uber-conservative, btw). Five of us have our own businesses and are making a profit.

At USMB, I know of four people that have complained of being unemployed: Annie, BM, Immie, and Sallow (one lib out of four) and two business "owners" that can't make it in today's economy: GrumpyGramps and Dudball.

It seems conservatives have more trouble being gainfully employed and that doesn't bode well for personal responsibility.

:eusa_eh:

in regard to the above, i'll also point out that sallow got a job and went back to work.

and it's interesting... in the last four years, i've got raises and a promotion

my husband has gotten two promotions + raises...

my family's business... knock wood, doing very well...

to be fair, i have a cousin who is a plumber and he's always been employed on and off.. mostly on.

i have one cousin whose husband was middle management and he did lose his job at one point because THAT is by design...companies getting rid of middle management in order to increase profit margin...

but if there are profits...there's money for jobs. so keeping more cash on hand to inflate stock prices and enrich wall street seems to be the real problem.

just saying...

I've been employed without any breaks in employment since 1990.

My husband, though, is a full-time graduate student. He started a small business in 2007 in the construction field and it failed. That sucked. But, he's never received unemployment. He's attending college full-time using his GI Bill benefits.

Guess what? That makes him one of the 47%. He hasn't paid federal income taxes since 2006. From 2006-7, he was serving in Iraq. From 2007-2010, he was running a small business, but the deductions from that business mitigated any income taxes he would have paid. As a full-time student, he's also not paying taxes.

Does that make him a victim and a leech?

Just curious.

I've been employed without any breaks in employment since 1990.

My husband, though, is a full-time graduate student. He started a small business in 2007 in the construction field and it failed. That sucked. But, he's never received unemployment. He's attending college full-time using his GI Bill benefits.

Guess what? That makes him one of the 47%. He hasn't paid federal income taxes since 2006. From 2006-7, he was serving in Iraq. From 2007-2010, he was running a small business, but the deductions from that business mitigated any income taxes he would have paid. As a full-time student, he's also not paying taxes.

Does that make him a victim and a leech?

Just curious.
He's not good enough to clean Mitt's toilet!

I was watching Jeopardy tonight and saw a commercial with Mitten expressing "concern" over jobs and it got me thinking.

I have five siblings, all are married, none of them or their spouses are unemployed and in fact have the same jobs they had for at least the past 10 years. I have over 30 cousins, and their spouses, who also are not unemployed and have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more. My husband has three siblings, and they, and their spouses have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more, with one exception: an in-law that was layed off during the Bush administration and never went back to work (an uber-conservative, btw). Five of us have our own businesses and are making a profit.

At USMB, I know of four people that have complained of being unemployed: Annie, BM, Immie, and Sallow (one lib out of four) and two business "owners" that can't make it in today's economy: GrumpyGramps and Dudball.

It seems conservatives have more trouble being gainfully employed and that doesn't bode well for personal responsibility.

you own your on biz? may I ask what that biz is?

I think she's a milliner.

There's a whole lotta fuckin goin on in your family.

Those over 50 who lost their jobs due to offshoring are the hardest hit.
Many will spend all their savings getting by till they get SS ans many will not have insurance.

50+ er's lost their jobs answering the HP computer helpline and making knit polo shirts.

:mad:

you own your on biz? may I ask what that biz is?

Brothel

you cannot say even generally?:eusa_eh:how is that fodder for ..anything?

Fine. We sell and rent high end things. What does that have to do with the topic? Most of the whiners about unemployment and/or failed businesses are conservatives. Only ONE person in my extended family has been unemployed.

Because you decided to bring it up..
Other that to take your obligatory weekly swipe at the party that will be in control of two of three branches of the federal government( Starting 1/20/2013) the point of this thread is that it has no point.

There's a whole lotta fuckin goin on in your family.
We get bored easily. :lol:

You don't read many conservative posts, do you?

And F you for fucking up the quotes! :D

Are you going to clarify your comments or not?

Are you going to clarify your constantly misquoted posts...or not? :lol:

uh huh.........:rolleyes:

she gave a non answer, her op is a mish mash thrown at the wall, what is this whining based on?

whined how? because OF unemployment, their unemployment or the high rates or?

failed biz? what kind? theirs, others..what?

Really?

Bored today? Got to liven things up with a stupid troll thread? I don't think you are that stupid.

Are you going to clarify your comments or not?

she gave a non answer, her op is a mish mash thrown at the wall, what is this whining based on?

You tell me. What is your constant whining based on? :lol:

People can't post personal anecdotes and real life observations without angry partisans pouncing to make the same old something-out-of-nothing...?

Get a grip, lighten-up, and learn how to use the quote function properly...

you tell me then , she said it, I asked her....

Most of the whiners about unemployment and/or failed businesses are conservatives.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6183720-post9.html

People can't post personal anecdotes and real life observations without angry partisans pouncing to make the same old something-out-of-nothing...?

where did I refer to her personal anecdotes? can you link to that please?

I asked her to clarify what drove her comments on complaints/whining etc.

again-

really? whined how? because OF unemployment, their unemployment or the high rates or?

Ravi should take your advice. She is the one turning my complaints about the economy into a failed business. Last fall I madeva comment that my business could not withstand another terrible winter. Thankfully things were not that bad but Ravi doesn't care about facts just partisan hatred.

And for the record I don't believe for a second that Ravi runs a business. Her family might but she comes across as too stupid to run much more than her mouth.

Forum List

Back