Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanan Ashrawi, "The Side of Peace: A Personal Account" (Ford Hall Forum, 1995)

The so called peace process as of 1995.

As I understand, per Montelatici's study- a part of Gazan Palestinians are the closest brothers of the Jews, before any other people in the area.

Last edited:
Mustafa Barghouti

REPLAY Presidential candidate alleges assault by Israeli soldiers

Do You actually have a video of the incident. Or is it another one of the Barghouti clan struggles for control?

In other words, he looks totally uninjured, not a sign of violence.

Why should we take the word of an Israeli, who studies in Israel and at the same time promotes boycotting Israel and its' universities?

Mustafa Barghouti

Do You actually have a video of the incident. Or is it another one of the Barghouti clan struggles for control?

Why should we take the word of an Israeli, who studies in Israel and at the same time promotes boycotting Israel and its' universities?

I have seen several reports of this from various sources. This was the 2005 presidential election. The reports said that he suffered a broken knee.

Israel and the US wanted Abbas so he was given money and other support for his campaign. Israel allowed Abbas to travel freely to campaign while Barghouti was detained, beaten, and arrested.

Why they wanted Abbas and not Barghouti.

Mustafa Barghouti

I have seen several reports of this from various sources. This was the 2005 presidential election. The reports said that he suffered a broken knee.

Israel and the US wanted Abbas so he was given money and other support for his campaign. Israel allowed Abbas to travel freely to campaign while Barghouti was detained, beaten, and arrested.

So no proof yet?

Again Barghouti clan power struggle against other Palestinian clans... You're naive.

Mustafa Barghouti

So no proof yet?

Again Barghouti clan power struggle against other Palestinian clans... You're naive.

Do you have any proof of that?

Mustafa Barghouti

So no proof yet?

pft You Yourself say Abbas is no the leader of the Palestinians.
Do You need the proof there're Palestinian clans who control separate areas and towns?

Really?? I thought You knew Palestinians.

And still no proof from You.... I'll prove it after You respect my initial request, then we'll proceed...or You'll just go back to Your usual cut n' paste of Palestinian propaganda.

Mustafa Barghouti

So no proof yet?

Do You need the proof there're Palestinian clans who control separate areas and towns?

And still no proof from You.... I'll prove it after You respect my initial request, then we'll proceed...or You'll just go back to Your usual cut n' paste of Palestinian propaganda.

What do you want proof of?

So no proof yet?

post #4811

So no proof yet?

post #4811

Foreign Interference�

Israel’s treatment of Dr. Barghouthi and his campaigners, when contrasted to its handling of the Abbas campaign, provides further evidence to which candidate benefits whom.� When Dr. Barghouthi campaigned in East Jerusalem, he was detained for several hours.� Just last week, he was beaten up at an Israeli checkpoint for coming to the aid of one of his campaigners who was being harassed by the Israeli soldiers.� And a few days ago,�a 17 year-old volunteer was shot dead as�he put up campaign posters in a Gaza refugee camp.� Abbas and his campaigners, on the other hand, enjoy unrestricted movement within and without the occupied territories.

The U.S., Britain, and the Arab states have also been actively supporting Abbas.� U.S. officials have been coordinating with Abbas when an official visit might be most suitable to boost him, and British Prime Minister Blair has reportedly made his proposed conference contingent on Abbas winning the election.� Arab leaders also prefer someone who will preserve the status quo, and Egyptian President Husni Mubarak (who has recently announced his confidence in Sharon�s desire for peace) has openly stated his preference for Abbas.� And of course, the international media has given Abbas immensely greater coverage.

Dr. Barghouthi notes that the U.S. and Israel “are trying to force a particular candidate on us. It’s very strange, because all the people who are running as candidates in these coming elections are pro-peace: so why would they prefer one person to another? If they are just looking for someone who will give in to them, then that person will fail to represent the Palestinian people. I am planning to represent our people, not anybody else’s interests.”

Palestinian Elections � Charting the Palestinian Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back