Who are the Israelis?

Israel hates Palestinians flocking to Al Aqsa that now they attack passersby, shopkeepers, and worshipers after videos show Israeli militias storming the holy Mosque and shooting Palestinians.

I am not sure when this thread turned into a Israel-Palestinian problem thread

So back to the headline? Who are the Israelis?

In 1920 the Jewish population in British mandated Palestine accounted for a round 70,000 people or e.g. 10% of it's total residents (around 700,000)
From 1920 to 1945 the Jewish population grew to around 200-250,000, and that of the non-Jews to around 700,000

During 1948 around 60-80,000 Jews came in additionally and due to the Independence war around 400,000 Muslims fled Palestine and where barred from returning - thus tipping the population balance in favor of the Jewish population. Estimated at around 350-400,000 thousand Jews - and around 300,000 non-Jews.
Between 1949-1950 due to Jewish exoduses from Egypt, Syria and other surrounding Middle-East countries plus further immigrants having survived the Jewish-Holocaust in Europe the Jewish population grew to around 1.3 million.

Today Israel's population is around 9 million Israelis of which around 74% constitute of Jews. As such around 6,5 million Jews, of which approximately 3.5 million constitute of Jewish immigrants, or Jewish-Israelis not born in Israel.

As such Israels population aka Israelis are an extremely diverse multicultural society.

If my figures should be inaccurate - I am open for corrections.

Palestinians build. Israelis destroy.
Israeli troops demolish a Palestinian home in occupied Jericho.

Forum List

Back