Who Are The Five Worst Presidents In American History?

Universal health care: ObamaCare failed....
"The Federal Government's $146 Billion Obamacare Boo-Boo"
The Federal Government's $146 Billion Obamacare Boo-Boo -- The Motley Fool

"...the exchanges are on the brink of collapse. Major insurers are quitting, premiums are skyrocketing, enrollment is below expectations, and the administration is taking increasingly desperate measures to paper over the problems. By this time next year, the exchanges could be out of business."
Read more at: More Duct Tape Won’t Save Obamacare’s Collapsing Exchanges

how old is that article politicalchicky? i clicked on it, & 'page cannot be found ' besides - it must be pretty old from the extremely biased national review.

• James Buchanan - left a mess for Lincoln to clean up.
  • Andrew Johnson - opposed the 14th amendment, lacked protection of newly freed slaves their civil liberties.
  • Warren G Harding - surrounded himself with his Ohio Gang crooks and wasn't above scandal himself.
A pair of Texas liars that got us into wars we didn't need:
  • LBJ
  • GW Bush
1. America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed Woodrow Wilson who got America into World War I, ...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

2. Compared to FDR, Harding had a much better understanding of how an economy works. Harding, wrote historian Robert K. Murray, in The Harding Era (1969), "always decried high taxes, government waste, and excessive governmental interference in the private sector of the economy. In February 1920, shortly after announcing his candidacy, he advocated a cut in government expenditures and stated that government ought to ‘strike the shackles from industry.’ ‘We need vastly more freedom than we do regulation,’ he said. Surprisingly, big business took very little notice of him at the time."

3. One of Harding’s campaign slogans was "less government in business," and it served him well. Harding embraced the advice of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon and called for tax cuts in his first message to Congress, April 12, 1921. The highest taxes, on corporate revenues and "excess" profits, were to be cut. Personal income taxes were to be left as is, with a top rate of 8% of incomes above $4,000. Harding recognized the crucial importance of encouraging investment essential for growth and jobs, something that FDR never did.

4. Harding’s Budget and Accounting Act of 1921 provided a unified federal budget for the first time in American history. The act established (1) the Bureau of the Budget with a budget director responsible to the president, and (2) the General Accounting Office to help cut wasteful spending.

5. Federal spending was cut from $6.3 billion in 1920 to $5 billion in 1921 and $3.2 billion in 1922. Federal taxes were cut from $6.6 billion in 1920 to $5.5 billion in 1921 and $4 billion in 1922. Harding’s policies started a trend. The low point for federal taxes was reached in 1924. For federal spending, in 1925. The federal government paid off debt, which had been $24.2 billion in 1920, and it continued to decline until 1930.

6. Conspicuously absent was business-bashing that became a hallmark of FDR’s speeches. Absent, too, were New Deal–type big government programs to make it more expensive for employers to hire people, to force prices above market levels, to promote cartels and monopolies. Frederick Lewis Allen wrote, "Business itself was regarded with a new veneration. Once it had been considered less dignified and distinguished than the learned professions, but now people thought they praised a clergyman highly when they called him a good business man."

7. With Harding’s tax cuts, spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy, the gross national product rebounded to $74.1 billion in 1922. The number of unemployed fell to 2.8 million – a reported 6.7% of the labor force – in 1922. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway! The unemployment rate continued to decline, reaching a low of 1.8% in 1926 – an extraordinary feat. Since then, the unemployment rate has been lower only once in wartime (1944), and never in peacetime.

8. "The seven years from the autumn of 1922 to the autumn of 1929," wrote Vedder and Gallaway, "were arguably the brightest period in the economic history of the United States. Virtually all the measures of economic well-being suggested that the economy had reached new heights in terms of prosperity and the achievement of improvements in human welfare. Real gross national product increased every year, consumer prices were stable (as measured by the consumer price index), real wages rose as a consequence of productivity advance, stock prices tripled. Automobile production in 1929 was almost precisely double the level of 1922. It was in the twenties that Americans bought their first car, their first radio, made their first long-distance telephone call, took their first out-of-state vacation. This was the decade when America entered ‘the age of mass consumption.’"

9. "Progressives" were astonishingly blind to Harding’s achievements. Newspaperman William Allen White called Harding "almost unbelievably ill-informed." Historian Allen wrote that Harding’s "mind was vague and fuzzy. Its quality was revealed in the clogged style of his public addresses, in his choice of turgid and maladroit language (‘non-involvement’ in European affairs)." Ironically, Allen wrote this in 1931, when the Great Depression had been going for two years. Harding had the depression of 1920 licked in a year and a half, but under the "progressive" FDR, the Great Depression would persisted throughout the 1930s, until FDR began conscripting millions of young men for the armed forces.

America’s Greatest Depression*Fighter by Jim Powell

Americas Greatest Depression Fighter by Jim Powell

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell

1. Lincoln (Civil War): 1.3 million American casualties
2. FDR (WW2): 1.1 million American casualties
3. Wilson (WW1): 320,000 American casualties
4. LBJ (Viet Nam): 210,000 American casualties
5. Truman (Korea): 140,000 American casualties

*Special mention to Biden for 1+ million Ukranian casualties
5) The Bushes....The bodies are still stacking up.

My favorite…the nexus of politics and history! And in today’s listicle, the work of one of the most astute and eruite intellects, Ben Shapiro. I came upon his piece of that title, Five Worst Presidents, and just had to share it!

The fifth worst President was Jimmy Carter, who did amazingly good job of damaging America given that he only lasted four years.

• Stagflation- high levels of inflation and stagnation.
  • Huge unemployment rates
  • Gasoline lines
  • The Iranian Revolution and the Hostage Crisis
  • Said he would reverse our “inordinate fear of communism,” followed by the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
  • After his presidency he hung out with Hamas, and wrote speeches for Yasir Arafat
  • Brokered the North Korean deal that led to North Korea having nuclear weapons
That was from Ben, but let me add Carter’s lie about being a nuclear scientist.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out Carter’s party…..the Democrats.

And be sure to pay attention to the party affiliation of each of the next four Worst Presidents.
1 through 5: Donald J. Trump

next

Worst Democratic Presidents

Andrew Johnson
Woodrow Wilson
Jimmy Carter

Worst Republicans

Donald Trump
George W Bush
Warren Harding
Richard Nixon
1712350631367.png

All true, as is my description of you.
Nope. You claimed "Under Trump we were energy independent….but you voted against that". The truth (look up the word if you're not familiar with it) is I didn't vote against it, in fact, Biden did much better than Trump at energy independence:

U.S. Energy Independence Soars To Highest Level In Over 70 Years

Robert Rapier
Senior Contributor
May 2, 2023,06:00am EDT

Note that I provided a link to support my claim, unlike others that just make unsubstantiated claims cut and pasted from some unknown source.

I think before he is through, Trump will solidify his hold as worst President in history.
Up until he lost the election in 2020, I think Trump would have ranked in the mid 20s with other one term Presidents.

But his refusal to peacefully transition power, attempt to overthrow the election, attempts to politically influence election officials and that he will be sentenced for multiple felonies and multiple impeachments will ensure his place in U.S. History

LBJ - I believe he had a hand in JFK's assassination and he gave us the welfare state we see today.

Woodrow Wilson - WW1 and the Federal Reserve Act that has enslaved everyone since its creation

Both Bushes - nothing more needs to be said here other than New World Order

Truman - he was a snake in the grass dropped two Atomic Bombs cause he had little man syndrome

O'bama/Biden - worst I've ever seen in my lifetime, has completely destroyed this county and we know its really Obama pulling the strings here like he didn't screw things up enough during his 8 years

My favorite…the nexus of politics and history! And in today’s listicle, the work of one of the most astute and eruite intellects, Ben Shapiro. I came upon his piece of that title, Five Worst Presidents, and just had to share it!

The fifth worst President was Jimmy Carter, who did amazingly good job of damaging America given that he only lasted four years.

• Stagflation- high levels of inflation and stagnation.
  • Huge unemployment rates
  • Gasoline lines
  • The Iranian Revolution and the Hostage Crisis
  • Said he would reverse our “inordinate fear of communism,” followed by the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
  • After his presidency he hung out with Hamas, and wrote speeches for Yasir Arafat
  • Brokered the North Korean deal that led to North Korea having nuclear weapons
That was from Ben, but let me add Carter’s lie about being a nuclear scientist.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out Carter’s party…..the Democrats.

And be sure to pay attention to the party affiliation of each of the next four Worst Presidents.

It is well established who the worst president was, donald j thug. It is difficult for me to include him on a presidential list since he lacks any morals, intellect, or composure, he made America the laughing stock of the world, remember when he was laughed off the podium at the UN?, which never happened before or since. Now the piece of shit is begging for money like a dog. Trump is a convicted rapist, guilty of fraud, stealing from charity and others, traitor, and pending trial for other 91 felonies and so on...
1712424568347.png

Forum List

Back