White woman branded a racist for asking black man walking in her neighborhood if he was lost

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
You just can't win today.

Woman Branded 'Racist' for Asking Black Man if He Was Lost Divides Internet​

A woman has described how she was branded a "racist" after asking a Black man she found walking around her neighborhood if he was lost.

However, while the woman said she was left "feeling shocked" at such an accusation, others felt she crossed a line by making the remark.

Racial discrimination remains alarmingly commonplace in the U.S. According to a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center in 2021, 80 percent of Americans polled said Black people face at least some form of discrimination in the U.S.

Racism can sometimes take an insidious form; an off-hand remark that magnifies a certain subtle prejudice. But while thoughtless and ill-advised comments of this kind do exist, identifying and addressing them can prove difficult, as one recent Mumsnet post demonstrated.

In the post, a concerned woman described how, while walking home with her husband one night, she noticed a young Black man "peering" at his phone down an alleyway close to where she lived.

The woman said she asked the man: "Are you alright? Do you know where you're going?" He replied: "Yes, I definitely know where I'm going" and walked on. Though she initially thought "nothing of it," he then called out to her saying: "Hey maam, you know that was really racist."

My home is in between the homes of two African American people. So far, so good and I've had the same address for almost 25 years now.

God bless you and my neighbors always!!!

Holly

P.S. My most favorite African American in the celebrity field is sadly one who is not here anymore. I love his voice, his smile, and his name which is Northern Calloway. I grew up watching the Sesame Street show which is where you can find him playing a character named David. Every clip of him that I have run across so far at the You Tube site couldn't be any more precious. I was only seven years old when his final day had to come at just the age of 41.......dear Lord, you know my every thought and prayer where the beautiful precious is concerned. :( :( :(

Last edited:
My home is in between the homes of two African American people. So far, so good and I've had the same address for almost 25 years now.

God bless you and my neighbors always!!!

Holly

P.S. My most favorite African American in the celebrity field is sadly one who is not here anymore. I love his voice, his smile, and his name which is Northern Calloway. I grew up watching the Sesame Street show which is where you can find him playing a character named David. Every clip of him that I have run across so far at the You Tube site couldn't be any more precious. I was only seven years old when his final day had to come at just the age of 41.......dear Lord, you know my every thought and prayer where the beautiful precious is concerned. :( :( :(
Saving me the trouble of googling it...is he cab calloway's son or something?

Saving me the trouble of googling it...is he cab calloway's son or something?
As far as I know, they are not which is rather stunning consider the fact that they are both singers.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. This southern girl may never have enough Northern, to me, the beautiful precious is a complete and total package.

I've known blacks who actively seek things to be offended about. It happens surprisingly often. And it's easy to spot in their facial expressions and body language, as you interact with them.

I'm sick of all the whining, stupid accusations, cries of "oppression," and all the other overused bullshit. So now l avoid interacting with blacks whenever possible.

New Topics

Forum List

Back