White Texas police officer found guilty of murder for fatally shooting black teen in car

Wait a minute, he got found guilty of murder, a capital crime. So..when's his execution? Hanging in the public square 2 weeks from now, or what?

That's what should happen.

Good. I hope he comes across some of the fellas that he's wrongly accosted in the past while in the slammer.

White Texas police officer found guilty of murder for fatally shooting black teen in car

A former police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying black teenagers, killing one 15-year-old boy.

by Daniella Silva / Aug.28.2018 / 12:25 PM ET / Updated Aug.28.2018 / 5:45 PM ET
Defendant Roy Oliver, right, and his defense attorney Bob Gill speak before the verdict came down at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in Dallas on Aug. 28, 2018.Rose Baca / The Dallas Morning News via AP, Pool

A former Texas police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying a group of teenagers, killing a 15-year-old boy.

Roy Oliver, who is white, was found guilty in the death of high school freshman Jordan Edwards, who was black. The teen was in the passenger seat of a car leaving a house party when the officer opened fire in April 2017. Oliver was found not guilty on two aggravated assault charges.

Jordan's father, Odell Edwards, said after that he wanted to "jump up and down" when he heard the verdict and was "thankful."

"I'm happy, very happy. It's been a long time, a hard year," he said.

Edwards' family attorney, Daryl Washington, said Jordan's father never wanted another family to go through what he went through losing his son.

"This case is not just about Jordan, it's about Tamir Rice, it's about Walter Scott, it's about Alton Sterling, it's about every African American ... who has been killed and has not gotten justice," he said, referring to other black boys and men that have been killed by police.

"We are just happy that here in Dallas, Texas, that Roy Oliver is going to have to do his time for taking Jordan's life," he added. "What he did on that night should have never happened and we're just happy that we've gotten justice today."

You know, there's been this whole shift in policing methods since The Patriot Act and Oscar Ray Bolin.

It's got to be department policies. It's not just blacks being victims of wrongful shootings, it's everybody.

Well, the autistic guy's counselor in MIami, I guess he was black, but why did he get shot after complying with the officer's

commands? That was wrong.

Why did I get curb-slammed after complying with a young black cop and he got the 2nd cuff clicked? I wasn't resisting.

Cannot go into that further, he's a corrupt punk is what's really up.

That was wrong as well. It's non-4th amendment compliant police department policy at the root of the issue.
When I was in college I got pulled over at night in an area known for running drugs. It was late and I wanted to take a short cut. White cop pulled me over. Most whites are down in that shit hole to buy dope at that time of night. Good police work to racially profile me.

Im glad justice will be served.
Locally, a black sheriff shot a teenage white kid and nothing ever happened to him. He was unarmed and driving away. It was sad. Parents paid for radio advertisements and billboards.. Nobody cared..
You know if it was the other way around Al “Booberry” Sharpton would be there to protest along with Maxine “The Dream” Waters.

Do not mention Chicago either! When black kids die there it does not matter. It only matters if a white cop shoots them. You must learn the rules. It is okay to say a white man in Colorado murdered his wife and children it is not okay to mention that a brown illegal alien killed a white girl in Iowa, it is not okay to mention that a group of black islamists were in New Mexico murdering a three year old and teaching a bunch of kids how to shoot up a hospital in Atlanta!
The Left needs two things to make it and issue:
A.) There must be a victim class.
B.) White America can be blamed for victimizing “A.”

Do not mention Chicago either! When black kids die there it does not matter. It only matters if a white cop shoots them. You must learn the rules. It is okay to say a white man in Colorado murdered his wife and children it is not okay to mention that a brown illegal alien killed a white girl in Iowa, it is not okay to mention that a group of black islamists were in New Mexico murdering a three year old and teaching a bunch of kids how to shoot up a hospital in Atlanta!
The Left needs two things to make it and issue:
A.) There must be a victim class.
B.) White America can be blamed for victimizing “A.”

I know lots of things..

A white cop was convicted of murder

A white man in Colorado killed his wife and daughters

You must not mention chicago

You must not mention black islamists murdering children and teaching them to shoot up hospitals

You must not mention a brown illegal cutting up a white girl in Iowa!

Im glad justice will be served.
Locally, a black sheriff shot a teenage white kid and nothing ever happened to him. He was unarmed and driving away. It was sad. Parents paid for radio advertisements and billboards.. Nobody cared..
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE! Oh...I forgot I’m white...we don’t do stupid shit line that.:dunno:

A former police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying black teenagers, killing one 15-year-old boy.

by Daniella Silva / Aug.28.2018 / 12:25 PM ET / Updated Aug.28.2018 / 5:45 PM ET
Defendant Roy Oliver, right, and his defense attorney Bob Gill speak before the verdict came down at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in Dallas on Aug. 28, 2018.Rose Baca / The Dallas Morning News via AP, Pool

A former Texas police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying a group of teenagers, killing a 15-year-old boy.

Roy Oliver, who is white, was found guilty in the death of high school freshman Jordan Edwards, who was black. The teen was in the passenger seat of a car leaving a house party when the officer opened fire in April 2017. Oliver was found not guilty on two aggravated assault charges.

Jordan's father, Odell Edwards, said after that he wanted to "jump up and down" when he heard the verdict and was "thankful."

Edwards' family attorney, Daryl Washington, said Jordan's father never wanted another family to go through what he went through losing his son.

"This case is not just about Jordan, it's about Tamir Rice, it's about Walter Scott, it's about Alton Sterling, it's about every African American ... who has been killed and has not gotten justice," he said, referring to other black boys and men that have been killed by police.

"We are just happy that here in Dallas, Texas, that Roy Oliver is going to have to do his time for taking Jordan's life," he added. "What he did on that night should have never happened and we're just happy that we've gotten justice today."
It's about damned time and this is coming from a 71 year old white boy.

It's about damned time and this is coming from a 71 year old white boy.
He was white! Do not mention Iowa! It is okay to mention that white Colorado dude who killed his white wife and his white daughters though. Do not mention New Mexico though! Newp!

Racist Race Baiting RaceBaiters Gonna Race Bait.

I

I just watched the video. It was a good shoot. The car was SPEEDING OFF and damn near clipped his partner. He shouldn't have been found guilty because a car of thugs decided to harm a cop. Such a great partner,Oliver saves his life and he throws him to the wolves on the stand...what a piece of shit. Funny how this NEVER happens with white kids because REAL PARENTS know better than to allow our kids to attend parties with drugs,guns,violence etc...AND in an obvious bad area.

If the problem is anger management then why does race matter?

Because its a rarity when a white cop kills a black and gets found guilty.

It's a rarity when a white cop kills anyone.

Indeed. It's so rare it gets mentioned while hundreds of black people are killed in Chicago every year with the Prog Elites just giving a shrug. Here's the data for 2018 alone - note the race of most of the victims.

Homicides in Chicago 2018: A list of every victim - Chicago Sun-Times

If the problem is anger management then why does race matter?

Because its a rarity when a white cop kills a black and gets found guilty.

It's a rarity when a white cop kills anyone.

No its not, there are so many corrupt cops and you just heard of this one.

Actually, it is. Black cops kill far more people than white cops do. That is a simple fact. But don't let facts get in the way of your political hackery.

Forum List

Back